1/6 did apollo 11 astronaut fiftieth anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lejuan preparing to unbox his toys...
ed80314cfed43e6683837434fa661b83.gif

:lecture :rotfl

Its very sad that I have not one real person on my shelf... only make believe people.

I look up to no one. :(

My favourite figs are historical... Albert Einstein, Neil Armstrong and Winston Churchill. They sit nicely alongside with pseudo-historical figs like Capt. Miller and General Maximus.

I have about 6 of the Vietnam era military figures which is why I know that I will need a tutorial, an assistant, glasses, coffee, and a nap!

If there's one thing more daunting than setting up a military fig for display it's reboxing it for sale :gah:

Its very sad that I have not one real person on my shelf... only make believe people.

I look up to no one. :(

Yup same here. Although to be fair there isn't really much out there to choose from, unless you count the multitude of WWII and Nazi figures being pumped out all the time by DiD. Lol

I have always wanted a really nice Lincoln figure, but I think the only company that ever made one was Sideshow back in the day, and it's painfully outdated now.

I need a Teddy Roosevelt figure. From sickly child to President and numerous other notable accomplishments. Oh and the dude was shot before delivering a speech and refused medical attention until he was finished.

https://www.history.com/news/shot-in-the-chest-100-years-ago-teddy-roosevelt-kept-on-talking

If I have a second child :monkey3, and he is a boy, I intend to name him after Teddy Roosevelt.

There’s a new Blender add-on called Face Builder. Well, it’s a vastly upgraded version of a 2D to 3D face generator that has been around for years.

It could be a gamer changer in substantially lowering the cost of custom heads by allowing people like me to do our own heads. Doing hair is a skill, nailing likenesses is an art. Even a cheap commission is $1,200 to get casts in hand.

I haven?t had time to play with it yet. Teddy Roosevelt in his Rough Riders outfit would be an epic figure and is one I have considered.

If I have a second child :monkey3, and he is a boy, I intend to name him after Teddy Roosevelt.

There?s a new Blender add-on called Face Builder. Well, it?s a vastly upgraded version of a 2D to 3D face generator that has been around for years.

It could be a gamer changer in substantially lowering the cost of custom heads by allowing people like me to do our own heads. Doing hair is a skill, nailing likenesses is an art. Even a cheap commission is $1,200 to get casts in hand.

I haven?t had time to play with it yet. Teddy Roosevelt in his Rough Riders outfit would be an epic figure and is one I have considered.

You have some terrific ideas for custom figures! I seem to remember you were also going to do Geena Davis from A League of their Own from the old Blitzway thread. Too bad about that, I wanted to see what you came with:(

You have some terrific ideas for custom figures! I seem to remember you were also going to do Geena Davis from A League of their Own from the old Blitzway thread. Too bad about that, I wanted to see what you came with:(

I would still like to do her. I should try sculpting a 1940’s baseball mitt as a skill builder.

The Blitzway head was going to make it so much easier. I do have a Gene Kelly in the works, if you like that era.

I would still like to do her. I should try sculpting a 1940?s baseball mitt as a skill builder.

The Blitzway head was going to make it so much easier. I do have a Gene Kelly in the works, if you like that era.

Yes I find it interesting:). If I were to pick a actor/character from that era it would be James Stewart as George Bailey. Would love a Donna Reed to go with him too!

I got my Armstrong yesterday and all put together, and it looks freakin phenomenal. Although I did find that you can't fit it into the detolf with the antenna attached unfortunately.

20200530_111647 (2).jpg

20200530_112244 (2).jpg

20200530_112104 (2).jpg

And anyone have a guide or any idea where all these stickers are supposed to go? Can't believe DiD didn't bother including anything.

20200530_112416 (2).jpg

Yeah that will work. Although for me the stand just looks too nice not to use. So think I might just try lifting up the glass above instead. It only needs like an extra 1/2 inch.

Looks awesome Dave! And yeah the stand looks too nice not to use, it's one of the best looking 1/6 stands i remember being included with a figure. It looks like a top notch custom dio someone made. It's so relevant to the figures too. It was definitely one of the reasons I purchased the set.

Are the stickers for the flight backpack assembly when all the components and hardware are exposed?

Possibly. Looking at some suit pics I do see there are a couple labels on his RCU (the part his camera attaches to), including his name. Not sure about the rest of the decals though. I messaged them on FB but not sure if they'll ever respond.

Edit: Ok they just sent me these two pics. Figured I'd share in case anyone else needs them.

100620021_262600881617171_5528452676158750720_n.jpg

99142288_559403631267795_816462438177177600_n.jpg

I was able to pick up all three bases plus the interior section loose and they are beautiful. My plan is to upgrade my Dragon/DML figures utilizing the Armstrong and Aldrin ones.

The bases are essential to making the figure displays classy.

Back