1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Rogue One Orson Krennic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need. I’m only proving my point further. I was splicing together scenes from ANH and ESB in my memory. I really need to download the Harmy versions of the OT. It’s been a while since I’ve seen them but I can’t bring myself to watch the George Lucas remasters. The bad CG really brings them down and takes me out of the moment. I keep hoping Disney will release a remastered version of the original untouched versions. Or with the remastered effects and mild CG enhancements that weren’t terrible.

With all this down time and tv/shows not shooting, I wonder if that's something people at Lucasfilm maybe thought about piecing together to have something 'new' for Disney+.

No need. I?m only proving my point further. I was splicing together scenes from ANH and ESB in my memory. I really need to download the Harmy versions of the OT. It?s been a while since I?ve seen them but I can?t bring myself to watch the George Lucas remasters. The bad CG really brings them down and takes me out of the moment. I keep hoping Disney will release a remastered version of the original untouched versions. Or with the remastered effects and mild CG enhancements that weren?t terrible.

Yeah it's bizarre that the "official" versions of the OT still have that awful late-90s (and later) CGI added - and it sometimes even interrupts the flow of the movie like that garbage of the droids and other stuff as they enter Mos Eisley, or that god-awful Jabba band sequence. And why-oh-why haven't they redone (again) that stunningly bad CGI Jabba in the Docking Bay scene?

incredible that much of that added stuff was supposed to "fix" older effects work, yet itself stands out as worse than any of those older effects ever did.:slap

Yeah it's bizarre that the "official" versions of the OT still have that awful late-90s (and later) CGI added - and it sometimes even interrupts the flow of the movie like that garbage of the droids and other stuff as they enter Mos Eisley, or that god-awful Jabba band sequence. And why-oh-why haven't they redone (again) that stunningly bad CGI Jabba in the Docking Bay scene?

incredible that much of that added stuff was supposed to "fix" older effects work, yet itself stands out as worse than any of those older effects ever did.:slap

I'm sure it was in the contract when he sold everything that Disney would not mess with his versions of the OT. I probably have not seen the original that i watched in the movies in 1977 since the 90's so what we have has become what i am used to.

I'm sure it was in the contract when he sold everything that Disney would not mess with his versions of the OT. I probably have not seen the original that i watched in the movies in 1977 since the 90's so what we have has become what i am used to.

Except for ?maclunkey?

If that's true I hope there's some way around it. Like an additional release that stands alongside the Lucas remasters.

- Greedo shooting first
- Han "stepping" over Jabba's tail
- Jabba's palace dance scene
- Obi-Wan's Kryat dragon call
- Vader screaming "Noooooo!"

:gah:

I like the “nooo,” it shows things have come full circle (so to speak). Vader says no following his transformation at the end of ep. 3, and then he says no upon his redemption at the end of ep.6.

I like the “nooo,” it shows things have come full circle (so to speak). Vader says no following his transformation at the end of ep. 3, and then he says no upon his redemption at the end of ep.6.

He used his "no" quota for OT in ESB with "No, I am your father.".

Aw come on now, I like the prequels, and it?s just a different way of looking at things

You forgot to mention the addition of Luke's "Nooooooo" as he fell in ESB as a nod to the possibility of him becoming evil like Vader.

Yes, the "Noooo's" are one of the most ridiculous and obvious connections in Lucas' revisionist Star Wars saga. A motif made for 10-year-olds.

Any custom capes being made? I?m worried about the eventual discolouration on this one.

Krennic arrived today. Pretty cool figure. Looking forward to taking some pics with the Death Troopers shortly.

Unfortunately removing the wire resulted in some damage to the cape. I have no idea how some were able to just wiggle it out. Mine was so tight on both ends I couldn't get the ends of the wire between the stitching. So I ended up creating exit holes. One side came out easily but the other side didn't. The hole frayed, and the wire broke in half. I think I got most of it out, but I'm pretty sure one end is still in there.

Krennic arrived today. Pretty cool figure. Looking forward to taking some pics with the Death Troopers shortly.

Unfortunately removing the wire resulted in some damage to the cape. I have no idea how some were able to just wiggle it out. Mine was so tight on both ends I couldn't get the ends of the wire between the stitching. So I ended up creating exit holes. One side came out easily but the other side didn't. The hole frayed, and the wire broke in half. I think I got most of it out, but I'm pretty sure one end is still in there.

"Noooooooo" :monkey2

"Noooooooo" :monkey2

LOL. Noooooooo is right. :rotfl On the bright side it's easily hidden and not at all visible on display. Still want to somehow fish that little broken piece of wire out of there somehow.

Question: there's like a stiff white undershirt I can see on the arms due to the short sleeves. Is that supposed to come out? In a YouTube review I noticed the person left it, but in the prototype pics it's not there.

Also I find the hand selection lacking. It would be nice to have a right hand that properly fits over the opposite wrist. We have two for the left hand that achieve this.

Last edited:
Back