S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend just pointed out that Shfiguarts Tao Pai Pai is made in Vietnam and not in China like the rest of the others.

Maybe Bandai is experimenting with other countries' factories for various reasons:

-Costs might be cheaper than China
-Vietnamese government has offered tax breaks/other incentives to manufacture there
-Bandai is trying options outside of China to get away from reliance on one country (i.e.: if something like COVID shuts down a factory, then Bandai can focus the product manufacturing to another factory)
-The third-party/bootleg market "steals" lots of molds from Chinese factories, it's possible these entities are less prolific in other countries like Vietnam
-Distrust of Chinese government to assist Bandai is exercising Property/Design Laws in China (see above with counterfeiting/bootlegging). China is notorious for just "stealing" designs.

How's Tao's quality, etc? I passed on him.

How's Tao's quality, etc? I passed on him.

All good and valid points. If not all I?m sure most are the reason why they?re moving away from China made.

He didn?t say anything about quality but didn?t complains either. He?s new to figuarts but from review videos I watched, it?s a solid doll.

Hear a new figure line is coming soon. 1:9 scale this time.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G975W 發送

There's some photos around online of the "Imagination Works" Goku figure. I saw a SSB version and a light-up SSJ version. You guys are right, it's NOT 3.0, it's a new Tamashii line.

It is indeed 1/9th scale. It looks seamless but the joints are carefully hidden. Some people have lightened the photos and you can see the joints. I think this is a good idea as rubber will deteriorate over time (as we've seen with Hot Toys). I would've liked to have seen cloth for the outfit though, but that has challenges as well for certain figures (like Vegeta where his outfit might be too snug and prone to tearing).

I'm interested to see the figure in more "action" poses.

1/9 is exciting, but I wish we could get some officially licensed 1/6 figures. There's no way the option rights haven't expired by now for Medicom. I'm gonna have grandchildren by the time a 1/6 Future Trunks rolls out. :rip

Piccolo 2.0 on the way

96861824_10158136190012492_4017214153264463872_o.jpg

The only negative I have is, from the looks of it, he has a segmented cape. Other than that, it's about time. Instant pre-order.

I'm sure it's better sculpted than the first Piccolo but I still really like the v1. Wish they'd stop screwing around and make a new Cell or Cell Saga Trunks.

Hu...? We already got Cell Saga Trunks....

I just hope that this Piccolo will be taller than the V1. The V1 was inaccurate in term of height...

Back