Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have the 2 in 1 version they?d be willing to part with? Found one on eBay but the seller cancelled my order because they couldn?t ship internationally right now :(
At least the seller didnt cancel your item because he didnt make enough money on the auction...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

At least the seller didnt cancel your item because he didnt make enough money on the auction...

yea I've seen that happen a lot lately. There were a couple of DC Collectibles statues I would've gotten for cheap had the seller not canceled the auction when I won.

yea I've seen that happen a lot lately. There were a couple of DC Collectibles statues I would've gotten for cheap had the seller not canceled the auction when I won.
Yeah, I'm not happy about it. I paid, days went by and then without notice, CANCELLED! I asked why. He said, he didnt make enough money. That's a no go for me, man. I am not happy. There are options for sellers to get what they want. BIN. Reserve...not that hard. I would NEVER do this to one of my buyers. Sorry, it's still fresh. I'm real pissed

Can anyone tell me how many hands came with this figure? I bought one from ebay for a great price but it only came with straight flying hands. Just wondering if it came with fists or any other kind of hands.

Can anyone tell me how many hands came with this figure? I bought one from ebay for a great price but it only came with straight flying hands. Just wondering if it came with fists or any other kind of hands.

I'm nearly certain it should have fists and flying hands.
But i could be wrong. If there's no room for the hands that are "missing", on the clear insert on the box, then it doesn't have anything missing.

While the threads been bumped up, just thought to add. I know it?ll never happen, but really wish Hot Toys would revisit this figure and Brando Jor-El. They both deserve the updated treatment that seems to be reserved for Nolan?s Batman movies and Iron Man.

The original came with fists and flying hands, the Clark Kent one came with loose grip hands and relaxed hands and the 2-in-1 version came with fists and relaxed hands.

While the threads been bumped up, just thought to add. I know it'll never happen, but really wish Hot Toys would revisit this figure and Brando Jor-El. They both deserve the updated treatment that seems to be reserved for Nolan?s Batman movies and Iron Man.

Same especially since Hot Toys have come a long way with their printing patterns on fabric since this figure has been released. We'd get some really nice diamond patterns on the suit and trunks, proper chest symbol maybe with visible little S embossings on it, and a better belt and more accurate cape. Then of course, an updated headsculpt and better sized body.

38B3DEA6-01CC-4339-8662-9A9FCDB8F051.jpg 38B3DEA6-01CC-4339-8662-9A9FCDB8F051.jpg here’s my MMS14 with a AOU cap body and a new paint app on the face. Waiting on a new cape to arrive from the MMS50. still would love to own that particular figure ��

I had to cut it in the back but it wrapped all the way around and I was able to glue it back together

Yeah it's amazing to think they made three versions back in the day, and every one of them is horribly outdated now. Lol

Yeah. Back in the day I remember I wasn't please with any of the products and opt for the Mattel 13" figure instead.
I later on got the 2 in 1 once it was clear that Brandon Routh's the best Superman we'll get on screen for awhile. Personally, I think the Clark Kent ver. had the best likeliness but not that best paint.

It's been a long journey. It's around the Dark Knight, 2008? when Hot Toys started to up their game. Back then Hot Toys wasn't that great with their head sculpts. Companies like Enterbay or even Takara could beat Hot Toys when it comes to head sculpts. Medicom was able to put up a fair fight.

Yeah. Back in the day I remember I wasn't please with any of the products and opt for the Mattel 13" figure instead.
I later on got the 2 in 1 once it was clear that Brandon Routh's the best Superman we'll get on screen for awhile. Personally, I think the Clark Kent ver. had the best likeliness but not that best paint.

It's been a long journey. It's around the Dark Knight, 2008? when Hot Toys started to up their game. Back then Hot Toys wasn't that great with their head sculpts. Companies like Enterbay or even Takara could beat Hot Toys when it comes to head sculpts. Medicom was able to put up a fair fight.

I completely agree. I really loved my repainted Clark Kent and Superman headsculpt that came with it. VERY soft features but really good likeness under that really bad paint.

I'm still fairly happy with my Waruna sculpt, but it could use some updating as the shape of the nose has always seemed a bit off to me. And the sculpt seems to work better from some angles than others.

I still need to get him a proper stand from Coco one of these days too.

20200601_194353 (2).jpg

20200601_194719 (3).jpg

20200601_194517 (2).jpg

Just picked this up. My local comic shop got him loose from a trade in, and sold him to me very cheap. Always wanted one, even if he looks like a Ken doll. Are there any 3rd party head sculpts these days?

124200955_669020293815239_4070044528102335053_n.jpg

Jiaou Male seamless body (v11) + MMS 14 suit-cape-boots + Waruna head sculpt painted by Myla SnyderSup 02.jpgFB_IMG_1620847539221.jpg

Agreed that looks amazing!

This version of the character needs a complete redux. Yunsil outfit and new sculpt.

I agree. I've asked Geewhiz but they gave me every excuse in the book as to why they this suit is "too complicated" and only HT has the tech to make this thing. I personally think it was BS considering all the complicated designs they've done for other ppl and probably just blew me off b/c I'm a nobody in when it comes to customizers. I wouldn't know how to contact any of the bigger name tailors to see if they would do it. Would probably need DoggieDoc or Robbiethepainter (or someone similar) to make the chest piece, boots and belt.

Back