Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've been collecting SSC statues for any period of time, you should be accustomed to production pieces being VERY hit or miss. Sometimes they knock it out of the park and sometimes it comes out like garbage. And when I say "knock it out of the park" I mean they hit like 90% prototype quality and "comes out like garbage" would be at like 70% prototype. For me, at least in recent years, it is far more likely to get something in the middle from SSC which at current prices and ES numbers just isn't worth it. I hope for your guys sake, they do a good job on this but the fact that they could be making 10-20k of these would have me incredibly doubtful of the quality. And for statues collectors, $350 is a very good price for the size and popularity of this piece.

I expect production on this to be severely delayed now anyways, thanks to COVID-19!

Should get interesting if Hot Toys reveals their 1:1 soon. The 1:6 was just announced.

At this point, anyone mentally sane should give a **** at a release date delay of anything

I didn't say I give a ****, I don't even have a pre-order, I'm just saying it will be delayed now anyway!

Damn I was so so excited for this figure, even though it's stupid to Pre-Order, I did it anyway, I had the page open on my phone since Pre-Order

But the negativity on this thread really demotivated me, I hope they don't disappoint us, the V2 Darth Maul 1/6 Sideshow I got made me stop collecting 1/6's and sell most of my collection, ironically I still display it, it's an ok figure, but the difference between the photos and the actual product was a super shocker, something I wasn't accustomed to since HT always hit the mark

If HT makes a 1/1 too, I'll just cry more

Damn I was so so excited for this figure, even though it's stupid to Pre-Order, I did it anyway, I had the page open on my phone since Pre-Order

But the negativity on this thread really demotivated me, I hope they don't disappoint us, the V2 Darth Maul 1/6 Sideshow I got made me stop collecting 1/6's and sell most of my collection, ironically I still display it, it's an ok figure, but the difference between the photos and the actual product was a super shocker, something I wasn't accustomed to since HT always hit the mark

If HT makes a 1/1 too, I'll just cry more

HT has already announced they're making one. I think Sideshow has nailed a lot of their stuff lately. The Legendary scale Yoda is near perfect, the Han Solo Bespin premium format is sneaky good, so I'm optimistic that this will turn out close to proto (in 2022 when we finally get it).

This isn’t being made by Sideshow! It’s the company who made the actual puppet. Stan Winston former Studios. I have complete faith this will be true to proto. Sideshow is only distributing it. Only SS probably is doing is box art and stand. Read the description people. This will be amazing. Sideshow never does accurate sculpts since they always do artistic interpretations and people would flip if they did that to this character.

This isn’t being made by Sideshow! It’s the company who made the actual puppet. Stan Winston former Studios. I have complete faith this will be true to proto. Sideshow is only distributing it. Only SS probably is doing is box art and stand. Read the description people. This will be amazing. Sideshow never does accurate sculpts since they always do artistic interpretations and people would flip if they did that to this character.

I'm afraid Legacy does only the prototype. They do not manufacture collectibles, so yes, this is being made by Sideshow.

I'm afraid Legacy does only the prototype. They do not manufacture collectibles, so yes, this is being made by Sideshow.

the description is deceptive if you're right.

"Legacy Effects (Sculpt) (Mold and Cast) (Paint) (Cut and Sew) (Development) (Design)
The Sideshow Design and Development Team (Development) (Design)"

it looks from that info that sideshow is doing some development and design while legacy effects are handling the mold, cast, paint,cut and sewing along with also development and design.

"Legacy Effects (Sculpt) (Mold and Cast) (Paint) (Cut and Sew) (Development) (Design)

it looks from that info that sideshow is doing some development and design while legacy effects are handling the mold, cast, paint,cut and sewing along with also development and design.

Yeah, but I still think that's just for the prototype.

Yeah, but I still think that's just for the prototype.

Yeah I tried looking for other projects they have collaborated on and there is only 1 that has been released and that was the life size fett but there wasnt a lot of detail who made what and how it was manufactured but you're probably correct.

Yeah I tried looking for other projects they have collaborated on and there is only 1 that has been released and that was the life size fett but there wasnt a lot of detail who made what and how it was manufactured but you're probably correct.

They've done others in the past. Off the top of my head, the Iron Man Mark VI Maquette and the original Avengers Hulk.

sideshow_collectibles_iron_man_mark6_maquette_2.jpg

135935_s0.jpg

It's always been Sideshow actually doing them so far, after Legacy's initial proto.

They've done others in the past. Off the top of my head, the Iron Man Mark VI Maquette and the original Avengers Hulk.

sideshow_collectibles_iron_man_mark6_maquette_2.jpg

135935_s0.jpg

It's always been Sideshow actually doing them so far, after Legacy's initial proto.

Those are still one of their best most accurate sculpts good.

Wrong, as I and many others have mentioned since this was announced Legacy does not produce production pieces. They only collaborate on the Prototype. On the original Hulk for example they produced the first maquette. If you’ve seen the Avengers special features it’s shown there.

They have also collaborated on every single MCU Iron Man that Sideshow has produced, and not a one did Legacy produce the production piece. And fortunately/unfortunately this has more often than not led to a great discrepancy in the quality between the Prototype and Production piece. Some have been the worst Iron Man statues ever produced including the Mark 42 Maquette, Iron Patriot Maquette and the Mark 43 life size bust which was truly horrendous!

Heck if you want to look at a somewhat similar product, there’s also the Sideshow Baby Groot that was again designed in collaboration with Legacy. And surprise, surprise the production piece was again a real disappointment (but still a somewhat okay piece), but the Hot Toys one imo was so much better.

That information is strictly informing you who produced the prototype and that’s it.

Honestly I wouldn’t say it’s deceptive at all. Especially for anyone who has bought a single Sideshow piece, or nearly any other statue produced. In that most manufacturers like Sideshow use in house painters and the like to produce their prototypes, but once it goes into production, the quality is totally dependent on the Chinese factory that they end up using and of course the amount that they pay them, as these Chinese factories can produce many levels of quality, but that’s totally based on the time and money spent.

Back