NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beyond NECA, there seems a wide variety of JAWS merchandise coming this year, and now rumors of a 4K release on Blu Ray, so it seems like the merchandising world is really looking to get in on things, but with all of the response to the world health crisis right now, anything we've already seen is bound to be delayed and any new reveals will probably be pushed out as well.

It's very likely SDCC could be cancelled or a different form than we're typically used to, but if it happens under any circumstances, I would expect to see Bruce at that point in time.

Beyond NECA, there seems a wide variety of JAWS merchandise coming this year, and now rumors of a 4K release on Blu Ray, so it seems like the merchandising world is really looking to get in on things, but with all of the response to the world health crisis right now, anything we've already seen is bound to be delayed and any new reveals will probably be pushed out as well.

It's very likely SDCC could be cancelled or a different form than we're typically used to, but if it happens under any circumstances, I would expect to see Bruce at that point in time.

I'm hopeful SDCC is far enough away that they'll get away with it, selfishly since I'm in SD and have tickets, but I am expecting them to skip it or maybe delay it. The same group as SDCC postponed but didn't cancel Wondercon in LA.

If it does take place, I absolutely expect there to be far less exclusives given how this has affected China for months already.

Nothing to do with NECA but I never understood how it would be possible to represent one of the most important movies of all time in my collection. While I wanted quint and hopper without Bruce it wouldn?t just be the same for me. But a bust or a head coming out of water stand situation or anything never felt right to me. It?s the whole shark or nothing.

I just finally secured my 50 inch true 1/6 scale Bruce and I couldn?t be more excited about it. We are working on Quint for 2021 with one of the best artists today as well so this is set to be a dream come true.

Hoping these kind of crappy looking NECAs ( I hate those mego style figures personally) finally gives way to amazing officially lisenced jaws stuff of all scales!

Is that one of the Shark City Ozark 1/6 sculptures?

More of Trev’s sculpt, he says it was made to swap out the top of the head for hat or bandana, I would assume that’s how it will work since a second head is not shown or listed with the product.

42C40545-5984-4C03-8368-0EF9576BBF11.jpeg

I have one of the biggest JAWS collections on this blue planet. I still haven't ordered Quint or Brody. They really kicked me in the balls with their "no hooper likeness" news. When I met Dreyfuss two years ago, the guy in front of me and myself were getting Ricky to sign our Super7 ReAction Hooper figures. He looked at one, chuckled and said, "I can't believe these things". It wasn't a negative vibe at all. He seemed amused by them. I thought he would be the least of the three to have any issue in signing off any future product. I wonder if it's a money issue, disinterest, or what? I hope Neca continues to pursue him.

It’s one thing to be amused by something that doesn’t bare your likeness and has no money in it for you, it’s another to have someone want to make money off your face. He could be on board but want more money than NECA could pay and make a profit off of. NECA strives for keeping to a price point.

Well 1/6 can charge and recoup easier than NECA products, Hot Toys is the only company to give us Nicholson Joker, there’s a reason for that. If a mutually agreeable deal could have been struck, NECA would have, either Dreyfus wanted things they couldn’t swing or maybe he didn’t want any part of their particular figure type or license.

I have one of the biggest JAWS collections on this blue planet. I still haven't ordered Quint or Brody. They really kicked me in the balls with their "no hooper likeness" news. When I met Dreyfuss two years ago, the guy in front of me and myself were getting Ricky to sign our Super7 ReAction Hooper figures. He looked at one, chuckled and said, "I can't believe these things". It wasn't a negative vibe at all. He seemed amused by them. I thought he would be the least of the three to have any issue in signing off any future product. I wonder if it's a money issue, disinterest, or what? I hope Neca continues to pursue him.

You know the Hooper thing is just a rumor I believe , started here a few pages back.

I do not think there is any confirmed evidence about it, just conjecture.

But maybe I missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man. So we're only ever being able to get 2/3rds of the crew and the Shark. I hate incomplete collections.

Back