NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? For me it came so much closer to the spirit of the first movie than Part 2, being a more straightforward story with a much lighter tone. And I liked that you could actually buy they were in another time period again, unlike with the second movie where the future stuff seemed cartoonish and over the top even back then.

I loved the wackiness of II's future scenes and the blending of the events of part I in the latter part of the film was genius. But I also enjoy III a lot these days so I don't feel a need to pit them against eachother. Just a very solid trilogy.

I skip straight to the train chase.

Also random fact: both Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter voiced their characters for the Bill and Ted cartoon!

I remember liking the cartoon as a kid, but I don't really see myself buying those figures.

For the movies I liked Part 2 the best as a kid, but as an adult I see it on par with 3 and then the first one towering above them.

Doc in the radiation suit would be awesome, especially if he included Einstein. I hope they make it to part 3. The western costumes would make for some really cool figures.

Randy from Neca said at TF this only a tease.. there is a lot more planned to be displayed at SDCC

He also said there will be an announcement in the next few weeks. Possibly full anniversary plans from Universal.

I loved the wackiness of II's future scenes and the blending of the events of part I in the latter part of the film was genius. But I also enjoy III a lot these days so I don't feel a need to pit them against eachother. Just a very solid trilogy.
It’s one of the best trilogies of all time in my opinion. All three films are enjoyable in my view. The first is the best, but the other two are very watchable films and they feel like one complete story when watched all together. It’s also one of the only true trilogies not tainted by further sequels/prequels/reboots, etc (I know there’s the animated series, but I kind of view it separately).

Yeah thankfully it's managed to avoid what happened to the Indy franchise. I know the studio probably won't hesitate to reboot the movies the minute Gale and Zemekis pass, but hopefully that won't be for quite awhile.

I'm actually more excited about the animated figures because of the car, which is actually a different Time Machine than the one from the films. The animated version was built by Doc after the original was destroyed at the end of part 3. :D

I hope these will be readily available at stores or online.

With NECA?s TMNT Animated line, they never seem to be in supply at Target.

I'm actually more excited about the animated figures because of the car, which is actually a different Time Machine than the one from the films. The animated version was built by Doc after the original was destroyed at the end of part 3. :D

They're gonna be tweaking the car too so the figures can fit and sit inside. Right now they just rolled out the protos to surprise everyone and announce the line.

The other NECA guys at TF were talking about Doc being at SDCC. I'm hoping they drop the bomb of the time machine being worked on. I mean if they're making a Bruce Shark to go in scale with their Jaws line then what's a DeLorean?! lol

They're gonna be tweaking the car too so the figures can fit and sit inside. Right now they just rolled out the protos to surprise everyone and announce the line.

The other NECA guys at TF were talking about Doc being at SDCC. I'm hoping they drop the bomb of the time machine being worked on. I mean if they're making a Bruce Shark to go in scale with their Jaws line then what's a DeLorean?! lol

They're making a shark? Is it for the 8 inch cloth figures?

XNwi1BT.jpg
tT44ffv.jpg
wtMvtSu.jpg

Love the details :D

A few updates from NECA on Twitter:

@NECA_TOYS
Much more

@NECA_TOYS
Will you have more than 2 BTTF items?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@NECA_TOYS

Ultimate Tales from Space Marty McFly
2 different heads
3 swappable hood configurations
Hair Dryer
Portable Cassette Player

@NECA_TOYS

Ultimate Marty McFly(1985)
2 heads
Extra swappable hands
Skateboard
Guitar w Strap
Camcorder

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NECA
Sept

@NECA_TOYS
When are these coming out?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NECA
That?s in part 2

@NECA_TOYS
no almanac?

Major reveal is imminent:

NECA

Apologies as we are close to approvals on a couple more figures so we are going to hold that BTTF reveal a little longer so we can show more all at once. In the meantime I can tell you more about the details for the Ultimates we had at toy fair if interested...

Good to hear NECA is expanding the BTTF line.

Hope the female characters get some love - Jennifer and Lorraine.

I do not think Funko Pop or Retro ReAction figures exist of them - Even Ali (with an i) from Karate Kid got a Super 7 figure and she was a minor character.

The only Lorraine/Jenifer I have are from those Minimates (Lego looking) line.

Back