Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
question.

Has anyone had any problems with their RAH EVA Units (not the characters)?

Are the complaints true on the elbows ripping?

Theres a local comic shop that’s closing down. They have a Unit 01 and Unit 02 on display. I made a killing offer but idk if I want to buy them if they do really rip/tear apart.

Thanks in advance

Yes they tend to tear apart and not only from the elbows but from the knees to.

You have to be very careful when you move them

Also the pilots uniform tend to tear apart

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

I just won this figure on ebay. Looking forward to getting him in. Will decide once I have him if I will get Unit 02 as well.

The product-listing images look identical to the original's, so does "new paint" refer to a new chemical used as opposed to a new color?

The product-listing images look identical to the original's, so does "new paint" refer to a new chemical used as opposed to a new color?
I don't really know but I already pre-order it [emoji108]

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

question.

Has anyone had any problems with their RAH EVA Units (not the characters)?

Are the complaints true on the elbows ripping?

Theres a local comic shop that’s closing down. They have a Unit 01 and Unit 02 on display. I made a killing offer but idk if I want to buy them if they do really rip/tear apart.

Thanks in advance

Yes they tend to tear apart and not only from the elbows but from the knees to.

You have to be very careful when you move them

Also the pilots uniform tend to tear apart

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

9BGw60x.jpg

So far I have not had any tearing on mine. But I don't move them much.

They are some of my favourite figures and in my keep forever pile.

9BGw60x.jpg

So far I have not had any tearing on mine. But I don't move them much.

They are some of my favourite figures and in my keep forever pile.

I honestly hope for you that they stay good, but THIS doesn´t look too good, man:

Capture.JPG

Which is why I enjoy the smaller SOC and SOC Spec.
Armor does pop off when posing, yeah. But nothing breaks, or cracks, to call it more exact.

My apologies for some minor necromancy - I have had an opportunity to pick up one of the original releases of this figure in a sealed box - with AT shield!. There seems to be a few accounts of deteriorating rubber - if so it would be perhaps better for me to get the present new issue.

Opinions?

With best wishes,
P.G.

My apologies for some minor necromancy - I have had an opportunity to pick up one of the original releases of this figure in a sealed box - with AT shield!. There seems to be a few accounts of deteriorating rubber - if so it would be perhaps better for me to get the present new issue.

Opinions?

With best wishes,
P.G.

I've got a first issue of Unit 01, 02 and 00. Zero issues with rubber for me. I know Hot Toys has pleather flaking issues in humid environments but I'm not sure what environments lead to rubber breakdowns. I live in a reasonable dry environment, although I do get a range of temperatures. I haven't heard of rubber breakdown for this figure, rather rubber tearing from posing so new is likely ok. That said, I'm not sure I'd buy any figures this old sealed personally. The AT field is nice, nut unless that will be how you display it, it's not that useful. I've never used mine. I'd look for reviews comparing old and new.

Thank you, this is extremely useful! I am in Scotland.

I think, as it will be my first Medicom figure, and first Evangelion, you may well be right. I can find no direct comparison, at least not on YouTube.

We must be getting first reports in...

Just a heads-up, Ilex: the new RAH Unit 01 has a paint app that's closer to the OG anime, so it isn't a pure reissue of the theatrical version, if that's a factor in your decision. Good luck!

That is an advantage, yes - I am really a fan of the 1995-7 Evangelion first. Even if we set aside the Eva-01, unless Medicom reissue the Eva-02 I would at least buy that - does anyone have any experience of Evangelions in storage? There was a YouTube review in 2016 and it seemed in fine order - interesting.

Just a heads-up, Ilex: the new RAH Unit 01 has a paint app that's closer to the OG anime, so it isn't a pure reissue of the theatrical version, if that's a factor in your decision. Good luck!

Oh that's interesting. Now I need to go find some pics

That is an advantage, yes - I am really a fan of the 1995-7 Evangelion first. Even if we set aside the Eva-01, unless Medicom reissue the Eva-02 I would at least buy that - does anyone have any experience of Evangelions in storage? There was a YouTube review in 2016 and it seemed in fine order - interesting.

Storage itself isn't the problem, it's the storage environment. For example, I have a Hot Toys DX13 Battle Damaged Terminator figure that has been in storage since I got it (2013 I think). Recently someone was reporting a brand new sealed one was opened and all the pleather had flaked off. It was from a hot humid environment. I had only opened mine once to inspect it on arrival so quickly checked my "storage" one and it is completely fine. I recently got a Tactical Batman off ebay. The ebay seller said it was in Australia, but when it arrived it came from Malaysia (hot humid country). Even though it was a relatively new figure, the cape was already showing signs of damage (it was stiff and stuck together as opposed to soft and flowing). Luckily I was able to revive it as it wasn't too far gone. This is why I wouldn't buy a sealed figure that is old. I would want to know it was inspected and still in new condition with no damage, and preferably get photographic proof (definitely want photo's if there was not a buy protection with the purchase). Now I'm a total "mint in box never touched by another human being outside the factory" kind of guy, but at the cost of these figures, for older ones, I want some assurance and "sealed in box" rings alarm bells.

Back