1/6 Who'd buy HT PENGUIN or CATWOMAN from Batman Returns?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy HT Penguin and Cat?

• YES

Votes: 70 89.7%
  • NO

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters
Another company is also releasing a Returns Catwoman, along with HT and Funko Pop, simultaneously. That must mean that these companies get some kind of approval from WB to make merchandise from certain films or franchises when WB feels like it or is convenient. Perhaps HT can't just release 1/6 figures of certain films until they are given the green light. Perhaps the approval process is very slow when it comes to older properties.

oR90PNC.jpg

Only 51 people. Not enough.

At least I've created a thread about Batman Returns and tried to get some energy going. What hell have you done for the cause?

Only 51 people is fine. This forum doesn?t have many people here anyway. I?m sure the iron man threads have this exact amount

Another company is also releasing a Returns Catwoman, along with HT and Funko Pop, simultaneously. That must mean that these companies get some kind of approval from WB to make merchandise from certain films or franchises when WB feels like it or is convenient. Perhaps HT can't just release 1/6 figures of certain films until they are given the green light. Perhaps the approval process is very slow when it comes to older properties.

snip

That's absolutely positively how it works. I'm sure Hot Toys didn't want to make a Venompool out of every single comic book inspired figure they could make from Contest of Champions, or like how they had the Sith Trooper ready for SDCC, just like Hasbro did, 5 months before the movie came out. The licensors definitely direct what they want made at times.

For all we know HT could have made the Batman Forever prototypes to woo WB to let them produce them and they said no.

If I'm being honest, I'd pass on the penguin and get a catwoman. I don't get what factors into HT decisions though. You'd figure Keaton Batman, Predator and Arnold Terminator are a few of the most popular characters for collectors but why haven't they done them in QS? Heath Joker is probably the most popular character of all but they JUST released him in QS. Really makes you scratch your head and wonder.

Just voted yes, for whatever that's worth. Lol

I'm much more interest in a Pfeiffer Catwoman, but seeing some of the great custom Penguins out there, I'd be very tempted to pick up a HT version of that as well.

Oh... its 54 people now.

We're going to get these figures in 1/6th by HT!!!!!

Oh wait... 6 people voted no (not counting all the ones saying they won't buy Penguin)... so we're back to 48. No go with HT. Sorry.

11 pages in a few days is busy for this forum these days.

Look at the secondary market prices of the Sideshow PF and Tweeterhead statue. Pfeiffer Catwoman sells.

Oh... its 54 people now.

We're going to get these figures in 1/6th by HT!!!!!

Oh wait... 6 people voted no (not counting all the ones saying they won't buy Penguin)... so we're back to 48. No go with HT. Sorry.

What if I pledge to buy multiples? :lecture

55 yes responses in a thread that was made only 4 days ago is pretty good. Thread is at 155 views too, not including all the lurkers or all the collectors that are on social media sites like Instagram and Facebook.

I bet a Returns Catwoman would sell more units than their most recent Birds of Prey Harley and I can ASSURE you that a Devito Penguin would sell more units than ****ing ?Gellert Grindelwald?.

Back