Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys!! :duff

But I gotta say, it was a stressful experience getting him like that...

Bought it stock on Ebay unmodded with the taped body... Found official COO replacement on Toy Anxiety (I think they still have one left)?
The hardest part was dismantling the old body, belt snapped, foot peg broke and foot armor fell off, couldn't get the arms off the old body and broke the sockets, wrist pegs were a nightmare, very hard to remove the helmet...
Man, the original release had a lot of problems!!

Re-clothing the new body was ok, but really hard getting the helmet back on while keeping the hood cloth out of the way...
Boiled the thigh armor and it finally fit on the new thighs, but discovered they were actually two identical left thigh armor pieces???
I wonder if anyone else has the same issue, or if they just only bothered making one thigh piece for both legs for everyone?
Glued foot peg, glued foot armor, glued belt, water-treated each layer of clothing individually...

And now he's magnificent!! :yess:

Why should the thigh armours be different from each other?
Thanks,
m.

Sorry about my asking but, how do you know Asmus used that particular body as replacement for the Witchking?
Thanks,
m.

Here - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126944&page=178

And here - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126944&page=183

Why should the thigh armours be different from each other?
Thanks,
m.

It's a bit tricky to make it out, but you can just about see the thigh armor is shaped to fit only one leg... But mine has two identical left thigh pieces...

Either it was a mistake on just mine, or they only ever made one thigh armor piece and everybody has the same problem??? :dunno

IMG_20200116_142255 - Copy 2.jpg

IMG_20200116_142411 - Copy 2.jpg

I managed to get mine from a guy on Instagram who posted a picture of the figure, mentioning it was for sale. I got it for 280 Pounds, so I can't still believe how lucky I've been. Here you have some pics, I hope you guys enjoy it!

img_20200325_232805.jpg

witch-king-1.png

witch-king-2.png

Great pics and figure. Too bad I didn't go for him a few years ago and now he is too expensive for a figure without HS :D
Really nice..

Nice! Really wish they would release this again, it's a glaring hole in my villain collection!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to see what they could do with this guy now. He was their first figure and they've come a LONG way as a company since then. Definitely a better body. Maybe metal armor? More weathering on the outfit? Maybe a cool base? (I remember WAY back in the day they toyed with the idea of a decapitated Fell Beast head as an environment piece. That would be pretty cool.)

I'd love to see this with full die-cast armour. Instant order!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic, this is my holy grail right now! Got my asmus nazgul in a couple days ago and I love it! The steed is in the mail. Will post pics when done posing!

Hey everyone I would like to hunt one of these down! Is it worth it though...if heard mixed reviews...and if you have one you would part with. Let me know! Love to see what options are out there.

To me, it?s totally worth it. I was a late buyer myself and scored one of the v.1 floppies, but I upgraded the body and put him back together and he?s an absolutely menacing presence. One of my prize figures in terms of looks and intimidation

To me, it?s totally worth it. I was a late buyer myself and scored one of the v.1 floppies, but I upgraded the body and put him back together and he?s an absolutely menacing presence. One of my prize figures in terms of looks and intimidation

What body did you use to upgrade it? I know that Asmus did the release with Eowyn. But didn?t think it was sold separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone I would like to hunt one of these down! Is it worth it though...if heard mixed reviews...and if you have one you would part with. Let me know! Love to see what options are out there.

It is DEFINITELY worth it. As I mentioned above, I managed to get mine just recently, and I haven't stopped looking at it since. As Nyhargo Dirge says, he's just "an absolutely menacing presence". I water-treated his robes and added a custom piece of cloth, mimicking those pieces that go down from his hood, covering part of his shoulder pauldrons and his back, and hanging split in the front. The possibilities are endless:

witch-king.png

witch-king-2-2.png

I used a CooModels base body with extenders on the legs to give him some more altitude for his attitude. I wanted him to have a more ?supernatural? height and vibe like Vader. He looks absolutely wicked and all the better when he can hold a pose.

I?m thinking of ?upgrading? him again and bashing the Asmus parts with the Die-cast ACI Ringwraith parts - the only non-metal parts would be the shoulder armor. I am going to try it on the Phicen/tbleague M-36 (?) basketball player body because of the height and metal structure, which I think could hold all the heavier metal parts.

Back