1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated list = 26 '89 Batmobiles:

1. creasy
  2. DiFabio
  3. DiFabio (has 2)
  4. Jolietbat
  5. ZE_501
  6. Figurefreaks
  7. darkknight
  8. Rondesmo
  9. otomofan
  10. batman717
  11. Cicada17
  12. Ropen
  13. a-dev
  14. Bgnyc007
  15. Jameson Rook
  16. Marine Boy
  17. Sephiroth1089
  18. punisher1974
  19. dls712
  20. t3xAsFi3nd
  21. ILuvToyz
  22. amusedjester
  23. amos brearly
  24. kyekye
  25. Captnemo42
  26. batsheva

Looks like some names were lost between page 1061-1062 LOL!

Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Now who's getting the 1/6th Batwing?
[emoji1309] Right here. One of twelve. I know, I know, I must be crazy right? But like the Joker said in The Dark Knight: Im not. No Im not...
5ffeb3f1bfcf32c1adc35635301070f0.jpg

Looks like some names were lost between page 1061-1062 LOL!

LOL...yep. batsheva caught it, don't know if you saw the new list:

Updated: 34 '89 Batmobile Owners

1. creasy
2. DiFabio
3. DiFabio (has 2)
4. Jolietbat
5. ZE_501
6. Figurefreaks
7. darkknight
8. Rondesmo
9. otomofan
10. batman717
11. Cicada17
12. Ropen
13. a-dev
14. Bgnyc007
15. Jameson Rook
16. Marine Boy
17. Sephiroth1089
18. punisher1974
19. dls712
20. t3xAsFi3nd
21. ILuvToyz
22. amusedjester
23. amos brearly
24. kyekye
25. Captnemo42
26. batsheva
27. TexasFinest
28. davejames
29. Positron
30. DarthAlias
31. Sardo Numspa
32. morbidaj
33. Karnis
34. xzbit

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

[emoji1309] Right here. One of twelve. I know, I know, I must be crazy right? But like the Joker said in The Dark Knight: Im not. Not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of want one given I already sprung for the Batmobile but I couldn't commit to that. A part of me will always regret it. :lol

Do you know if this picture, the only one we know of a 1/6 89 Batwing really came from Hot Toys or was a fake?

I mean, you think that, at one moment, HT really considered to produce this awesome piece? Or it always been an arlesienne?... ( a holy grail that won?t ever see the light of day like the 66 Batmobile)

Do you know if this picture, the only one we know of a 1/6 89 Batwing really came from Hot Toys or was a fake?

I mean, you think that, at one moment, HT really considered to produce this awesome piece? Or it always been an arlesienne?... ( a holy grail that won?t ever see the light of day like the 66 Batmobile)

I don't know where that one came from, but if you really want a Batwing, now's your chance:

https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/product/premium-1989-batwing-in-1-6-scale/?v=7516fd43adaa

1989-BATWING-456x456.jpg

could you imagine if they pulled off The bat in 1/6? my biggest regret is the fact that we won?t see a 1966 batmobile and with the Batman Forever batman prototypes a Batman Forever Batmobile [emoji25].

That makes two of us. :rotfl

It's cool but it sure is an awkward one.

Y'know these display cases many of you guys have for it, such as from sora shop - do they provide UV protection? I'm trying to assess if I can put my Batmobile somewhere other than my display room but anywhere else I might put it will probably catch direct sunlight.

That's what ... around $130-$150 a month to pay off? I'm sure shipping will be a bear but even so...more troubling is the 3' x 3'.5" footprint...

If Mezco made one for their figure I'd consider it. 1/6 is way out though. I was nuts to buy the Batmobile in that scale really.

Agreed. Budgetary restrictions aside, the only way I'd consider something that big would be if I had a man cave akin to Darth Dennis's, and then only if I had a place to hang it similar to how he has his Millennium Falcon.

Wow, did not know about that! Fantastic project! But wow 2 K... After I can completely understand that price because it is a very limited run, without nothing in common with any industrialization process of a classic factory. But 2K...
What a pity that HT did not produced it back to the other 89 releases. At 800-1000?, I could have been tempted but 2K...

But once again fantastic project!

I pay $100 per month. I do not have a collection room. I do have a six foot section of wall picked out to hang the Batwing vertically.

Add me to the list. Picked up a slightly scratched one from a local selling for below retail several years ago. Currently sitting in shield mode in my collection room, I should just take the cover off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

[...]
Y'know these display cases many of you guys have for it, such as from sora shop - do they provide UV protection? I'm trying to assess if I can put my Batmobile somewhere other than my display room but anywhere else I might put it will probably catch direct sunlight.

I'd do some very careful research regarding that. I know that plain glass at least blocks the majority of UVB, but not sure about UVA or any other wavelengths that would damage plastics, pain etc. over time. I imagine heat plays a role too. There are archival coatings applied to some plastics and glass for framing prints, but I have a vague memory of a framer telling me at one point that they could only do so much, i.e. if in the path of direct sunlight or whatever. I'm guessing that plain acrylic cases do nothing but block dust.

Agreed. Budgetary restrictions aside, the only way I'd consider something that big would be if I had a man cave akin to Darth Dennis's, and then only if I had a place to hang it similar to how he has his Millennium Falcon.

See...I actually have a large room I use as a studio that has plenty of room for the thing, but the non-geek part of me doesn't want to commit to that from an interior design perspective. :lol

So tempting though...

Add me to the list. Picked up a slightly scratched one from a local selling for below retail several years ago. Currently sitting in shield mode in my collection room, I should just take the cover off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On the list. Got my Moducases coming to finally display it

Updated: 36 '89 Batmobile Owners

1. creasy
  2. DiFabio
  3. DiFabio (has 2)
  4. Jolietbat
  5. ZE_501
  6. Figurefreaks
  7. darkknight
  8. Rondesmo
  9. otomofan
  10. batman717
  11. Cicada17
  12. Ropen
  13. a-dev
  14. Bgnyc007
  15. Jameson Rook
  16. Marine Boy
  17. Sephiroth1089
  18. punisher1974
  19. dls712
  20. t3xAsFi3nd
  21. ILuvToyz
  22. amusedjester
  23. amos brearly
  24. kyekye
  25. Captnemo42
  26. batsheva
  27. TexasFinest
  28. davejames
  29. Positron
  30. DarthAlias
  31. Sardo Numspa
  32. morbidaj
  33. Karnis
  34. xzbit
  35. bdhartma
  36. PH@Ben

I'd do some very careful research regarding that. I know that plain glass at least blocks the majority of UVB, but not sure about UVA or any other wavelengths that would damage plastics, pain etc. over time. I imagine heat plays a role too. There are archival coatings applied to some plastics and glass for framing prints, but I have a vague memory of a framer telling me at one point that they could only do so much, i.e. if in the path of direct sunlight or whatever. I'm guessing that plain acrylic cases do nothing but block dust.

Thanks ZE. So it might take damage in direct sunlight no matter what protection I pay for. I'll have another look to see if there's any wall that doesn't get blasted at some point during the day.

Back