Statue Iron Studios: X-Men - Sentinel Diorama 1:10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered this and I'm extremely excited. This will be my first and only X-Men statue, unless my wife lets me get all 3. Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'm not really crazy about some of the poses the characters have in this diorama.

Some of the characters are out of place. If the sentinels are attacking the school why is juggernaut there?

I'm not really crazy about some of the poses the characters have in this diorama.

That's mainly what's stopped my from pulling the trigger.

Some of the characters are out of place. If the sentinels are attacking the school why is juggernaut there?

I honestly can't figure out the direction they're going for based on the three revealed sentinels. I can't tell if the X-Men and Brotherhood have joined together to fight the sentinels or if the Brotherhood are helping/using the sentinels to fight the X-Men. Or if there's some sort of weird 3-way battle going on. It looks like Gambit and Juggernaut are fighting one another in the middle diorama while Magneto is controlling a sentinel and facing towards some unseen enemy.

It's all quite odd of you scrutinize it.

It feels like they started with the idea of the sentinels attacking the school.
Then the financial guy was like, " let's make #1 have gulbiee as an exclusive, #2 with magneto, and # with ice man as exclusives. This was we can boost sales of all 3. Oh and just for fun let's toss juggernaut in there too and have him fight Gambit. Yeah this will make a boat load of cash."

I would have been fine with all X-Men battleing all 3 sentinels. I mean where is night crawler? Where is Gray?

Than again I'm most likely going to buy all 3 as it's still an epic set.

It feels like they started with the idea of the sentinels attacking the school.
Then the financial guy was like, " let's make #1 have gulbiee as an exclusive, #2 with magneto, and # with ice man as exclusives. This was we can boost sales of all 3. Oh and just for fun let's toss juggernaut in there too and have him fight Gambit. Yeah this will make a boat load of cash."

I would have been fine with all X-Men battleing all 3 sentinels. I mean where is night crawler? Where is Gray?

Than again I'm most likely going to buy all 3 as it's still an epic set.

Lol. Sounds like they should give that marketing guy a raise.

Man, I really don?t know if I should pull the trigger on this one. Never had a 1/10 IS statue before. I?m so worried the paint quality on this would be bad. It?s a ton of money to spend on a grail. Hahahah

Was the 3rd piece released yet?

If you like the cartoon and the comics from the 90s I feel like this is a must have piece. Will be my only X-Men piece.

The 90s cartoon was one of the most watched shows for me. I really do want it, however, it?s considered a 2 month salary for me. I don?t wanna drop that kind of dough for a large but mediocre statue.

I?ve held off on so many X-Men pieces purely because of the design or quality. This is the best design for me, but I don?t know about the quality. I don?t preorder stuff often due to this reason alone. And I?m scared on release, it?ll no longer be available in the aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I really don?t know if I should pull the trigger on this one. Never had a 1/10 IS statue before. I?m so worried the paint quality on this would be bad. It?s a ton of money to spend on a grail. Hahahah

I've got a ton of IS 1/10 scale Infinity War and Endgame statues and the paint apps are all terrific. They're quite impressive as a group and I can only imagine what this beast would look like altogether!

I hope #3 diorama is over priced...

I've got a ton of IS 1/10 scale Infinity War and Endgame statues and the paint apps are all terrific. They're quite impressive as a group and I can only imagine what this beast would look like altogether!

That good huh? Alright. I just might get the Sentinel 1. Pretty sure I have nowhere to put it though. Hahahahahah. Who needs tables and chairs anyways.

20% deposit here I come!

Dennis, this is all your fault.

74a35d5a749a9e0b105aab7f33cec2eb.jpg

That good huh? Alright. I just might get the Sentinel 1. Pretty sure I have nowhere to put it though. Hahahahahah. Who needs tables and chairs anyways.

20% deposit here I come!

Dennis, this is all your fault.

74a35d5a749a9e0b105aab7f33cec2eb.jpg

Iron Studios has only slightly disappointed once for me and that was the Bucky Endgame 1/10 piece. The paint on the face was a little softer than usual, but at 1/10 scale it isn't noticeable unless you're inspecting up close. I like, but don't love the X-Men so this one was a pass for me as the space and cost require a genuine love for sure. Good luck!

Growing up watching the 90s cartoon every Saturday morning and reading all the comics.

This was a must buy for me.
Sadly this will most likely be my last statue i ever buy. This hobby is wayyyyyyy to exspesive these days. Remember when you could get the 1/4 silver surfer statue from SS for 350$ now that same size is going for over 900$ almost 200% more. With 2 kids at home that run up a food bill over roughly 200$ week it comes down to feeding my kids or buying a statue. It's sad when the source material aka the key comic issues are cheaper than a statue.

First full appearance of Galactus = ungraded like $300. The statue $1000 +. Buying the comics is buying a piece of history. Buying the statue is just well a statue.

Sorry little rant there.

Growing up watching the 90s cartoon every Saturday morning and reading all the comics.

Sadly this will most likely be my last statue i ever buy. This hobby is wayyyyyyy to exspesive these days. Remember when you could get the 1/4 silver surfer statue from SS for 350$ now that same size is going for over 900$ almost 200% more. With 2 kids at home that run up a food bill over roughly 200$ week it comes down to feeding my kids or buying a statue. It's sad when the source material aka the key comic issues are cheaper than a statue.

First full appearance of Galactus = ungraded like $300. The statue $1000 +. Buying the comics is buying a piece of history. Buying the statue is just well a statue.

Sorry little rant there.

Totally agree on the pricing of this stuff. I loved both Infinity War and Endgame so I've gotten all of the Iron Studios 1/10 and 1/4 from those films as well as the Hot Toys. I'm fortunate that the Star Wars pace slowed down greatly during that same time and I suspect I'll be nearly done in the next 18 months. Of course, they'll come out with the next "must have" and reel me back in!

Just got an email from IS. #3 just went up for pre order. 1700 just like #1.

Sorry little rant there.

Yeah, man. This hobby used to be pretty affordable. I stopped buying Hot Toys for quite some time due to the price hike and switched over to Threezero for 1/6 and robot figs, and Bandais Banpresto statues for their Dragon Ball line. Now I just tend to get broken Hot Toys figs and repair them myself.

I always love a figure/statue more when I?ve put some effort into making it nice.

This Sentinel diorama, will no doubt be a grail piece of mine. And I guess I might need to stop for a little while before starting again.

Well I have Sentinel #1 on order and I may have to get #3. Hate the price but amazing statue. Just hate that #2 turned out odd.

Back