Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please no seamless, i want this figure to last more than 2 years.

Please no seamless, i want this figure to last more than 2 years.

In 2 years time, when your Galadriel crumbles to the ground into pieces of rubber, you will be able to buy a Phicen body to replace it, for very little money.
In the meantime, you will have enjoyed a figure that has arms that do not constantly remind you that you are starring at a piece of plastic.
It is worth it.
m.

Um, it is a piece of plastic.
Do you somehow convince yourself that you've got a miniature Cate Blanchett all to yourself?
No seamless.

If the facial likeness is near perfect, seamless arms become (at least to me) irrelevant.
I'd be to busy admiring that wonderful likeness to pay much attention to the joints- other than to
appreciate the extra poseability that non seamless affords!

Can't tell from that preview pic (though is on a LOTR stand), so if it is a Lord of the Rings version, it has sleeves so wouldn't matter so much if seamless or not as any joints would be hidden...

ga.jpg

Either way I don't mind, just glad we are getting her :)

Um, it is a piece of plastic.
Do you somehow convince yourself that you've got a miniature Cate Blanchett all to yourself?
No seamless.

No. The figure convinces me. If it is seamless.
Seamless FTW.

If the facial likeness is near perfect, seamless arms become (at lest to me) irrelevant.
I'd be to busy admiring that wonderful likeness to pay much attention to the joints- other than to
appreciate the extra poseability that non seamless affords!

Not my case. I could easily enjoy the likeness and the arms, especially as the years go by. Chances of near perfection in an Asmus HS are thin.

Can't tell from that preview pic (though is on a LOTR stand), so if it is a Lord of the Rings version, it has sleeves so wouldn't matter so much if seamless or not as any joints would be hidden...

View attachment 453515

Either way I don't mind, just glad we are getting her :)

With that dress, if we posed that fig as the Weta statue, arms would show.

Best,
m.

In 2 years time, when your Galadriel crumbles to the ground into pieces of rubber, you will be able to buy a Phicen body to replace it, for very little money.
In the meantime, you will have enjoyed a figure that has arms that do not constantly remind you that you are starring at a piece of plastic.
It is worth it.
m.

I don’t want to replace the body. I just want a figure that doesn’t fall apart, otherwise i’d buy a Weta statue.

It is worth it.
m.

Zero interest in spending cash to replace bodies that don?t last.

I’ve had TBL bodies from almost the very beginning, and I haven’t had any skin tear issues (broken plastic skeleton when they still made them that way).

Have there been any previews of this figure yet? I didn't catch any in this thread.

Definitely would like a LOTR version as opposed to "The Hobbit" version. And I'm in the seamless arms group.

Have there been any previews of this figure yet? I didn't catch any in this thread.

Definitely would like a LOTR version as opposed to "The Hobbit" version. And I'm in the seamless arms group.

Has there been any news on this?

I hope they do a hobbit version! The lord of the rings version has been done almost exclusively by every company - you technically could pickup the outfit online and have an option for both choices. The hobbit outfit is gorgeous when the white council is meeting.
I just hope her ring is included like how Aragorn had his!

Back