QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a longer wait for Scotty & Sulu to reach UK shores, wonderful. Both fully paid up some time back, money I could have used elsewhere, had I known of the delay due to the re-allocation of stock to Sideshow. Nice.
Delays I can accept, in this hobby it is expected for varies reasons, but for QMX to divert extra stock to Sideshow from the UK preorders/paid up customers, was underhand.

Likewise, but no apology from anyone aligned to Qmx, didn't even receive an email they had been delayed beyond 3rd qtr from vendor either. I won't be supporting Qmx any longer, and am seriously looking to get my money back as per the vendors terms and conditions if beyond 6months which this will be. Something is amiss but rather than explain and let customers know they just say delays beyond their control , but they can churn out Qpop figures and statues, so clearly want that market rather than 1:6 and anything other than marvel or DC can hang, must sell better and cheaper to produce ah well....

All would be forgiven if they would just put those damn TWOK figures up for preorder already. :D

Im not saying QMX, but it seems like that theres companies that make prototypes, go to shows, and maybe its not to show off amazing prototypes that will be up for pre-order, maybe its a con were their meeting investors, bringing money in, and then never following through on anything. Maybe we are all just caught up in their con, again, not saying that is QMX, they have actually delivered some amazing figures. But there are other companies out there that shall remain nameless, and you all know what I mean, it doesnt take two or three years to deliver on a prototype, that is ridiculous, and all of this stuff was pre-trade war with China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So a longer wait for Scotty & Sulu to reach UK shores, wonderful. Both fully paid up some time back, money I could have used elsewhere, had I known of the delay due to the re-allocation of stock to Sideshow. Nice.
Delays I can accept, in this hobby it is expected for varies reasons, but for QMX to divert extra stock to Sideshow from the UK preorders/paid up customers, was underhand.

Retailers shouldn't be charging for items that won't ship for over 30 days.

I don't believe this, mate of mine posted a negative reply on Qmx facebook page and they messengered him not to post negative stuff or they would ban him from the site, and that their site is a marketing tool.... And went on to say his comments were not positive discourse, and didn't like the fact he said they didn't care about their customers but instead of addressing his issues on open display they thought it apt to try and bully him from discourse by nessengering him direct Oh dear what's going on...are they that fragile blimey...Qmx you need to get better PR and stop with the threats of banning not very sensible in a consumer driven world silly sausages.

When the orders went up both Scotty and Sulu were said to be imminent, so it was payment in full last February.

Then only a small amount of Scotty showed up, and no Sulu at all. Apparently because a certain large American company took up all the stock that was destined for other stores.

I was lucky to get Scotty, but a lot of people missed out and have to wait for the second wave.

The February 'imminent' Sulu is now slated for this December or January 2020.

I went back and found the original Facebook message posted by Planet Action Figures:

Aaron Russell shared a link.

AdminFebruary 24

**THESE ARE ONLY ON PAF AND MUST BE ORDERED VIA THE SITE**
I only have 60 units, there is currently no preorder option, pay in full and Payment Plan Only. This is due to a quick turnaround and I want these all settled asap to avoid delays once released.

If anyone has a serious issue with this and will only use the preorder option then please Pm me.
Thanks all!

safe_image.php

As far as Aaron was concerned these were all due in soon. Then the plan went awry.

All would be forgiven if they would just put those damn TWOK figures up for preorder already. :D

I don't think I would now, to me Qmx have blotted their copy book. And seem very non customer focused. All good things come to an end and I think their 1:6 trial run will end. Customer focus doesn't seem to be their forte bless em. But thanks for the memories and the initial figures they were fantastic, must be a change in management structure which has damaged the line.

The new body is being used with this over sized Set accurate tunic. It is about 1-1.5mm larger than the 2016 released Screen accurate Spock tunic and 2017 McCoy tunic.

I think the body can be used for replacement or upgrade for Spock and McCoy. (I dont have the screen accurate to try on and see).
676ce6dac515ea1b06dac35ec5040546.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Nanjin, how would one go about getting replacement bodies for Spo k and McCoy? Lol

Nanjin, how would one go about getting replacement bodies for Spo k and McCoy? Lol
Me. I made them for 1/6 trek. I wont sell to anyone until I am no longer a QMx employee.

I will announce the channels to obtain the body on my last day with QMx.

Very soon.

When the orders went up both Scotty and Sulu were said to be imminent, so it was payment in full last February.

Then only a small amount of Scotty showed up, and no Sulu at all. Apparently because a certain large American company took up all the stock that was destined for other stores.

I was lucky to get Scotty, but a lot of people missed out and have to wait for the second wave.

The February 'imminent' Sulu is now slated for this December or January 2020.

I went back and found the original Facebook message posted by Planet Action Figures:

As far as Aaron was concerned these were all due in soon. Then the plan went awry.

This whole situation is very annoying and disappointing to me. I too paid Aaron in full for Sulu way back in February. I was hoping to complete the 7 TOS bridge crew members, but I really can't stand dealing with QMx anymore after this debacle with Scotty & Sulu. I have just cancelled my Sulu pre-order with Aaron and swapped it for a Hot Toys MMS514 ROTJ Stormtrooper. I will stick with the first 4 figures (I was also lucky enough to get one of the early batch Scottys), and be happy with that.

Sorry QMx, but you messed-up on this line and I will no longer support you or your products. Such a shame...

I bailed early because of the huge price hike, so I'm perfectly happy to just leave it at the trinity and the chair. That makes a nice display, and I don't feel the need for anyone else. Besides, I don't think my anxiety would have been able to handle all the delays and twists and turns of availability. I have to really save up for what I want as I'm on a low income, and there's no way I could have had ?300+ tied up for over a year.

Me. I made them for 1/6 trek. I wont sell to anyone until I am no longer a QMx employee.

I will announce the channels to obtain the body on my last day with QMx.

Very soon.

Awesome, might look into updating them.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Not trying to be gross, I do think about you guys a lot.

I am thinking to follow what HT did years ago by including something extra with the body.

I am thinking to include a civilian technician jumpsuit, black T, a generic head, and an item, in which I believe to be the last possible upgrade for 1/6 trek. I have been eyeing on this improvement for the last 3 years. I can make this upgrade now because i have the production support to hold the cost at bay.

What do you think?

(No Trek specific because of licensing issue. I am sure someone will want to give me lots of trouble [emoji1] if there are opportunities)
392f391404e640e7b0e16415d8779878.jpg

I am thinking to follow what HT did years ago by including something extra with the body.

I am thinking to include a civilian technician jumpsuit, black T, a generic head, and an item, in which I believe to be the last possible upgrade for 1/6 trek. I have been eyeing on this improvement for the last 3 years. I can make this upgrade now because i have the production support to hold the cost at bay.

What do you think?

(No Trek specific because of licensing issue. I am sure someone will want to give me lots of trouble [emoji1] if there are opportunities)

Sounds like an excellent idea, Nanjin.

Star-Trek-This-Side-of-Paradise.jpg

Back