Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Asmus, (dreaming here)

Another license that sorely needs some 1/6 loving is the Halo series, after 3A ballsed it up a few years ago, its ripe for the taking if you ever want to delve into something a little different, id be first in line :rotfl

G5vFLxn.jpg

Radagast would probably be the only Middle-Earth figure I would pass on. I hope Asmus gets around to making him for the folks who want him, but he's just not for me. I felt everything about the character design and performance to be a little ... eh ... undignified.

But, like I say, I do hope the people who want him can eventually get him!

Yeah, Radagast would be waaaaaaay down on my list of needed characters from THE HOBBIT. I’d want to see the other 12 dwarves first, and Beorn.
And if we’re talking LOTR, then LURTZ !

To be honest, aside from Bilbo, which I did pick up, there really aren't many figures from "The Hobbit" that I would be interested in getting.

The funny thing is that I would seriously consider getting two Gollums. One to display with Bilbo and another with Frodo and Sam.

To be honest, aside from Bilbo, which I did pick up, there really aren't many figures from "The Hobbit" that I would be interested in getting.

The funny thing is that I would seriously consider getting two Gollums. One to display with Bilbo and another with Frodo and Sam.

Balin.... at your service.
m.

Too bad Smaug isn't really feasible! :pigfly:

Any idea what the 1:6 would result in for him? :lol Probably bigger than a person.

Personally I like the quirky nature of Radagast (aside from the bird poo) and the detailing in the costume is incredible. Also it was be great to have the 3 wizards together on the shelf.
Balin instant purchase for me

Too bad Smaug isn't really feasible! :pigfly:

Any idea what the 1:6 would result in for him? :lol Probably bigger than a person.

As his wingspan is meant to be a little bigger than two 747s,* so a 1/6 scale figure of Smaug would have a wingspan of 65.61 feet or 19.9 meters at least.

Making-of-Smaug-by-Weta-Digital-for-The-Hobbit-The-Desolation-of-Smaug-8.jpg

So that might be a bit too big for most collectors :rotfl

*Source: https://www.fxguide.com/fxfeatured/meet-smaug/

No way could you do Smaug justice in 1/6, but I would love just his head (maybe with some light up features) in that scale. It would still be bigger (and WAY more expensive) than the Hot Toys Tumbler, but it would be a great centerpiece.

hobbit-dragon.jpg

Sadly, I fear they won't make any more dwarves since the Thorin figure is still in stock at a lot of places even though it's fantastic.

I really hope we get more dwarf figures. Asmus Kickstarter style for figures would be an idea.

I agree, Thorin is a fantastic figure and should get more credit and notice as it deserves it.
But I think in places like One Sixth Society it?s practically all hot toys and companies like Asmus don?t get the coverage they deserve. More exposure would help.

Personally I like the quirky nature of Radagast (aside from the bird poo) and the detailing in the costume is incredible. Also it was be great to have the 3 wizards together on the shelf.
Balin instant purchase for me

Balin is endearing from the first second he's on screen, and the actor was unforgettably well cast. Even his voice is spot-on. A pitty the movies were crappy, proving that the credit for the LOTR trilogy to have worked out well is Tolkien's work, in spite of Jackson and his screenwriters (what was the name of that lady that always wears a silly cap?), who are just as clueless as to how to make high quality stuff as anybody else in the high echelons of moviemaking these days.

RfC
m.

I would be in for evenly released dwarves. If I could justify separating out purchases (i.e. maybe 1 dwarf a quarter or so) enough and if they remained somewhat affordable, then I would buy the entire party.

Back