1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, looks amazing, That base is beautiful :clap. Who done the Indy sculpt?
Thanks man, the sculpt is Inigo V2 with Nathan Silent Surfer Paints
Honestly, perhaps it is the quality of the photos that you took, but I really can’t tell certain details. You should move him into a shipping box and send to me instead [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Maybe the video will help? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks man, the sculpt is Inigo V2 with Nathan Silent Surfer Paints
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Maybe the video will help? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Harrison brought a different spirit to each film, while at the same time playing the same character at different points in the characters life. You have entirely captured the Raiders spirit in everything about the figure and in the way you have him displayed.

Incredible work and artistry [emoji1303]

You have set the bar from which the rest of us will strive to reach

Thank you for for sharing

HOLY MOSES!!!!! this is just stunningly beautiful!!! BRAVO sir.... BRAVO!!!!!!
Harrison brought a different spirit to each film, while at the same time playing the same character at different points in the characters life. You have entirely captured the Raiders spirit in everything about the figure and in the way you have him displayed.

Incredible work and artistry [emoji1303]

Thank you for for sharing

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words! And with so many great, top shelf Indy displays out there it means a lot.[emoji1665][emoji3448][emoji169] Ever since I started this 1:6 hobby, a grail Indy has always been on my mind and I'm really happy and honored to have a piece like this in the collection..I enjoy coming in here and seeing all the different Indys and the personal touches people put into their grail figure. I'm in great company.

And always, Fortune and Glory! [emoji1783][emoji2936][emoji95][emoji2935]

Truth!

Rzeznikk's Indy was the inspiration for me to start down this custom Indy road. His Indy, with no disrespect to anyone intended, is the Indy to aspire too imho.
I'm on the way to the Indy I want, but still need more components yet, but I have to agree Inigo V2 sculpt with Nathan's painting is a killer combination.

This is mine and I can genuinely see Harrison Ford's Indy in that face.

e9NuJkL.jpg
[/IMG]

Truth!

Rzeznikk's Indy was the inspiration for me to start down this custom Indy road. His Indy, with no disrespect to anyone intended, is the Indy to aspire too imho.
I'm on the way to the Indy I want, but still need more components yet, but I have to agree Inigo V2 sculpt with Nathan's painting is a killer combination.

This is mine and I can genuinely see Harrison Ford's Indy in that face.

e9NuJkL.jpg
[/IMG]
Thanks man. I'm honored to be an inspiration to some. [emoji1783] I hope you get your perfect [emoji817] grail Indy some day! [emoji2936][emoji95][emoji2935]

Fantastic Indy. Always enjoy seeing your photos. Definitely a high bar.
Thanks man. [emoji1665][emoji1783]
Top notch piece without a doubt. Those sleeve wrinkles especially; did Jake do that? I don't remember.
Thanks, yeah Jake did a phenomenal job on that jacket.

I decided to repaint my Inigou head. I went for a more dirty swarthy look and a stern expression with the eyes. The first image is how it looked before.

Attachments

• 20190602_162123-1.jpg
    20190602_162123-1.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 20190808_144633-1.jpg
    20190808_144633-1.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 20190808_144629-1.jpg
    20190808_144629-1.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190808_144619-1.jpg
    20190808_144619-1.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 20190808_144624-1.jpg
    20190808_144624-1.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 143
I decided to repaint my Inigou head. I went for a more dirty swarthy look and a stern expression with the eyes. The first image is how it looked before.
Looks great! That's one thing I wish I could do is paint human heads! Would make this custom thing a lot cheaper for me. [emoji38]

Thanks Rzeznikk. That means a lot coming from you.

You should start doing it. I get a real satisfaction from knowing I painted my own customs. When people see them and I tell them I painted them myself they don't believe me! Just a few years ago I used to see unpainted sculpts on Ebay and think they were no good as I can't paint but now I know I can do a decent job on them. I was absolutely hopeless at first and worried about ruining sculpts but I definitely feel I am getting better at it. Changing the eye position on a sculpt can make it look like a totally different sculpt at times.

Why don't you get a cheap head and practice on that?

Thanks Rzeznikk. That means a lot coming from you.

You should start doing it. I get a real satisfaction from knowing I painted my own customs. When people see them and I tell them I painted them myself they don't believe me! Just a few years ago I used to see unpainted sculpts on Ebay and think they were no good as I can't paint but now I know I can do a decent job on them. I was absolutely hopeless at first and worried about ruining sculpts but I definitely feel I am getting better at it. Changing the eye position on a sculpt can make it look like a totally different sculpt at times.

Why don't you get a cheap head and practice on that?
Yeah you did a great job. I have done a little bit of painting myself, not to derail the focus off Indy but heres an example of my painting skills on my Kessler Wolf. I can do creatures pretty well, probably because theres less room for "error", but I'm still nervous about doing human/flesh toned stuff.[emoji38]Screenshot_20190808-115311_Instagram.jpg

That looks superb. Really well done.

I plan on making a custom The Thing monster to add to my collection at some point and it will need a big pair of chompers on it.

I only use a handful of flesh coloured paints. Indy always has a great tan but for my John Wick or RJ MacReady customs I use a paler flesh colour. I am still practicing on how to get different shades for things like the cheeks and inner ears etc. Some people use pastels which I might look more into. I am always learning when it comes to 1/6 customs.

I'm always nervous when I paint a head especially when it comes to the eyes. I don't think I have ever managed to get it right first time. I have one brush to put it on and another ready to take the paint off again when I mess it up! I use a headset with the magnifier lens as I can't see the details otherwise. When done I put the flash on my camera and take a pic. If there is anything off with the paint job the flash will show it.

That looks superb. Really well done.

I plan on making a custom The Thing monster to add to my collection at some point and it will need a big pair of chompers on it.

I only use a handful of flesh coloured paints. Indy always has a great tan but for my John Wick or RJ MacReady customs I use a paler flesh colour. I am still practicing on how to get different shades for things like the cheeks and inner ears etc. Some people use pastels which I might look more into. I am always learning when it comes to 1/6 customs.

I'm always nervous when I paint a head especially when it comes to the eyes. I don't think I have ever managed to get it right first time. I have one brush to put it on and another ready to take the paint off again when I mess it up! I use a headset with the magnifier lens as I can't see the details otherwise. When done I put the flash on my camera and take a pic. If there is anything off with the paint job the flash will show it.
Thanks man! Yeah sounds about right for me too [emoji38] I've poked and prodded Jacob on his painting techniques and hes shared some tutorials on painting the eyes and hairing etc. So I've learned a lot from him. And I've watched some tutorials on youtube as well. I just havent really taken the leap of faith yet. [emoji38][emoji38]

What I need to do is just buy some unpainted cheap sculpts off Ebay and practice and practice.

Hey guys, I need to finish my indy 1/6, besides the amazing Mfisher who does whips and belts. i really want to finish my Indys. Thank You

Thanks bro, I always go with Mike too, he made me a raiders kit but I haven't gotten a response from him, and I want to get my figures done, Thanks again do you have any information of how contacting time meddler

Back