Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, no kidding. Arnold looks cool and all but if you didn't tell me I'd have no idea these were from a Terminator film.
Septuagenarian SC looks kinda ridiculous carrying that serious M16 rifle in her hands. Great set of weapons tho.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

So for a second I'm going to pretend Dark Fate is going to be an awesome film...

... and I'm still tremendously mixed on the these new figures. They both look good however I'm skeptical Neca will deliver anything beyond these two. This is a huge problem for me. They've clearly chosen the most bankable faces. Smart I guess, but what good is a Terminator line without the villain, the protector, or the character they're fighting over? Maybe Neca have their hands tied by the license, but where are the cool robots that make this series toyetic in the first place?

I've seen people sharing custom stuff in here so I thought I'd join in. Made this a few years back:

t3.jpg

It's the way they talk about it all that makes me roll my eyes. But its the media, they're the ones asking the questions so these directors and actors feed them the answers they want. If they cut the bull***t talk and simply did what they're doing they could cut down on much of the 'controversy' and negative reaction. What's that Tywin Lannister quote from Game of Thrones - a man who must say he is king is no true king. I can't help but apply that to the way they talk about and market movies now.

Going back to the toys, NECA's 1990 Turtles struck a chord with me even though I hadn't bought a Turtle toy since, well, the very early 90s. I watched the original movie again while I was making my decision on whether to buy the 1/4 scale figures and found it held up quite well despite my now being so much older. So I'm interested in figures from that. Again though, I think it'll just be cartoon and videogame stuff at SDCC, they already revealed that Splinter/Shredder set.

I saw a video on youtube tonight of a guy's hopes for Alien at SDCC and he listed pretty much the entire cast - totally unrealistic. Getting Parker and Brett in one go is itself a small miracle. No way they'll reveal anyone else. If we get the others it'll be over a course of years.

As for Terminator - Arnie never has to be an exclusive but it seems like T1 Sarah would be judging by John Connor. She's not toyetic enough NECA might say. Now personally, I don't know why some of the other stuff they make is toyetic enough for mass retail whilst she is not but what can ye do.

That Tywin Lannister quote is a damn fine quote! Yeah I guess , the TMNT live action movies were pretty good. I see they've released a lot of the other characters in the cartoon but not from the movies. I slighty remember the hockey guy with the cool mask and then the turtles asian friend, can't remember the name. I see at SDCC they showed the cartooney looking figures I thought they were pretty cool actually.

So yeah we didn't get any other terminator figures other than the arnie and sarah figure. I noticed your post about them and wished they would of released the battle damaged bad t800 from genysis. I wasn't surprised they only released two arnie figures and the asian t1000. I think the only way to complete the T1 & T2 collection is with a custom young sarah and custom pescadero sarah. We probably won't get anymore Terminator figures from the originals and from what the trailers of dark fate showed we won't be getting any cool endos.

Talking about the dark fate footage what the **** were those tentacle things running around in the future war?? What is this a marvel movie or something? Way prefer the endos. Also rumours of Kyle Reese being a bad guy or something, such a joke. James Cameron said Ed Furlong is back but we all know only in young CG capacity.

Oh the parker figure from Aliens looks awesome, great figure.

So for a second I'm going to pretend Dark Fate is going to be an awesome film...

... and I'm still tremendously mixed on the these new figures. They both look good however I'm skeptical Neca will deliver anything beyond these two. This is a huge problem for me. They've clearly chosen the most bankable faces. Smart I guess, but what good is a Terminator line without the villain, the protector, or the character they're fighting over? Maybe Neca have their hands tied by the license, but where are the cool robots that make this series toyetic in the first place?

I've seen people sharing custom stuff in here so I thought I'd join in. Made this a few years back:

View attachment 461418

That's pretty cool man , good job!

Anyone got their Ultimate John Connor from SDCC? Post your pics! Still waiting for mine to be shipped! Hate waiting lol!

Got mine directly at SDCC. It was the only exclusive I was able to buy since Hasbro Pulse sucks so bad. :lol

It was $50, cash only. Haven't opened him yet. They didn't sell out and he was readily available.

Got mine directly at SDCC. It was the only exclusive I was able to buy since Hasbro Pulse sucks so bad. :lol

It was $50, cash only. Haven't opened him yet. They didn't sell out and he was readily available.

Oh wow really? I thought he would have sold out. Well if they did the pre orders internationally I think it would of as a ton of people who don't live in the U.S want the figure. I've had to pay over £100 for someone in san diego to get me the figure and ship it. They got 3 of them and will be shipping by the end of the week. If it stays an exclusive it would have defo been worth the money!

Not encouraging for the rerelease we all want if he didn't sell out there. I wonder what they'll do with the remainder though.

Yeah I agree I thought it would have been a sell out but I guess it's because it's character from a nearly 3 decades ago movie :/ Has yours been shipped yet and how are your saddlebags?

Yeah I agree I thought it would have been a sell out but I guess it's because it's character from a nearly 3 decades ago movie :/ Has yours been shipped yet and how are your saddlebags?

Oh yeah, I got the saddlebags, I still have to message Leon. I haven't put them on yet because I was contemplating trying some other method of attachment rather than glue - or what if I did decide I need the bike repainted to get the decorative lines the correct red - the saddlebags would have to come off in that scenario. I might just do what you initially did and use blutack for now.

I left Saturday and they still had Connor, the Batman/Alien, Superman/Predator, etc. The things that were consistently selling out were the Turtles stuff. I guess it's possible John sold out Sunday, but I didn't see any indication of that.

I sort of wanted a second John, but the cash payment and no receipt thing turned me off. If it gets offered up again online, maybe I'll get another. I figure they have to have extras that didn't sell.

NECA seem to have found their Iron Man with the Turtles license. I hope it doesn't take them over to the extent that the MCU took over Hot Toys.

Back