1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never really noticed the armor being eaten away as the stones merged with the suit. Just the glowy vein parts but never noticed around his shoulders being eaten away. Very cool. Amazing scene.

Ohhh yeah, as soon as those stones activated the armor started getting torn apart. Not only the armor but Tony himself

4608112ff63fb25b5c843d7d6f77c145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4608112ff63fb25b5c843d7d6f77c145.jpg

I love the fact that this scene has become so iconic that this very basic non-specific pose is now recognizable as the snap. Obviously the context of them holding the figure is a massive clue as to what it means but I feel like if I just saw a photo of joe Russo doing that I’d know what he was imitating.

Anyone think the Exclusive version with the Holo shield will sell out first day? Since Hot Toys has really pulled my wallet out of me by already pre-ordering the clean Mk. 85, might as well try to get the BD with the shield.

Anyone think the Exclusive version with the Holo shield will sell out first day? Since Hot Toys has really pulled my wallet out of me by already pre-ordering the clean Mk. 85, might as well try to get the BD with the shield.

Not a chance. Hot Toys is not limiting BD version. Maybe the exclusive goes to waitlist 9 months after the preorder is listed.

You should be fine waiting.

yeah I'm not sure it works that way. I think they put it up for order then produce X number of units based on number of preorders.

It's not due for two years so it will be a long time before they even start making it. So i can't see it selling out for a really long time just because they can make a longer production run whenever they start on it. I would guess it will not sell out until after it is released

If it was an exclusive that was expected to ship this fall i would say yes it will sell out fast but two years out not a chance.

Re: Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version) Coll

What I gather from what RDJ said is that Tony’s newer suits are more about doing whatever it takes to protect the people around him. This is evidenced in IW where he says the new reactor was made “to protect us, the future us’s, and nothing else.” The 50 and 85 are probably essentially the same suit to RDJ, especially considering the 85 wasn’t even a thing on set, and their functionality is very similar anyways.

The first suit was built to protect him, get him out of the cave and bring him back to his life. He made the last suit able to sacrifice its user’s safety for the sake of “the community.” An older model might have rejected the use of the stones as they put the user in danger. I heard someone ask why he didn’t have the gamma resistance of the Mark 26 in the 85, and I think the answer is that those kind of protections aren’t even on his mind. He’d rather focus on adding 15 new weapon combinations than any more user safety measures.

The evolution of the iron man suit has consistently shifted from protecting Tony Stark to purely protecting others. The mark 6 was made to save his life, then the mark 42 was able to assemble around pepper. The mark 44 was made to protect people (and banner) from the hulk, and the mark 47 was sent to save peter from drowning. The mark 50 actively endangered him by redirecting nanobots from his helmet so that he could continue his fight with thanos, and the 85 actually killed him so he could eliminate the threat of thanos entirely.

Obviously he’s not going nearly this deep into it all, but it’s really cool to hear RDJ even talk about a specific iron man suit. It lets you know they don’t all just blend together to him even after all this time. Very Tony Stark of him.

he did put in the mk85 the gamma resistance of the Mark 26, that's why the 85 is strong enough to hold the power instead of killing him immediately, he only died because he did the snap.
**Thanos snaps twice and is barely alive
***Hulk snaps one time but lose half his body(he is now probably handicap forever just like Thanos after the first snap )

It's not due for two years so it will be a long time before they even start making it. So i can't see it selling out for a really long time just because they can make a longer production run whenever they start on it. I would guess it will not sell out until after it is released

If it was an exclusive that was expected to ship this fall i would say yes it will sell out fast but two years out not a chance.

Where are people getting the info that this thing won't be released until 2 years from now? Was that officially announced or is that mere speculation?

Where are people getting the info that this thing won't be released until 2 years from now? Was that officially announced or is that mere speculation?

On the HotToys website, the listing for the BD Mark 85 has a release date of Q3-Q4 of 2021.

Back