1/6 Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if i missed it but does it say it is going to be a 1/4th figure, or posted elsewhere that it was?

Some think we will get a 1/4 scale Vulture based on the post below showing Vulture's wing (quarter scale is hash-tagged in the post by Hot Toys). Meanwhile Chinese sources say it will be a 1/4 Spider Man. We will find out for sure soon enough.

vulture 1.jpg

Was briefly very exited for everyone who wanted that Vulture, shameless tease. Although I am intrigued about what a QS Spidey would look like, my big issue with the HC/FFH figures is the awkward body proportions and joints. A well engineered QS figure could be a big step up. And expanding the Marvel QS line into non Iron figures is a good sign, bring on Thor and Cap

Was briefly very exited for everyone who wanted that Vulture, shameless tease. Although I am intrigued about what a QS Spidey would look like, my big issue with the HC/FFH figures is the awkward body proportions and joints. A well engineered QS figure could be a big step up. And expanding the Marvel QS line into non Iron figures is a good sign, bring on Thor and Cap
Competition is good. Iron studios is getting a lot of attention with their 1/4 figs. I'm not surprised HT would consider revisiting theirs as a result.

Yeah I suppose if they could improve the body as much as they did with the Mark 42 and 43, it might be worthwhile, but not sure how likely that is. And I imagine there would still be the same posing issues, with any folds and wrinkles being even MORE obvious and glaring at the larger scale.

We have to remeber two things:
- Iron Man mark 3 in 1/4 came with iron mongers arm for an additional accessory
- Studio HIVE almost confirmed it’s just the vulture base because they previously worked with hottoys for the molten man night monkey base

Yeah I suppose if they could improve the body as much as they did with the Mark 42 and 43, it might be worthwhile, but not sure how likely that is. And I imagine there would still be the same posing issues, with any folds and wrinkles being even MORE obvious and glaring at the larger scale.

The body could use a lot of improvement -- just compare the VGM31 to the MCU Spidey. Not sure about the suit. They could use different materials, or it may fold better at a larger scale given the surface area. Unsure about that.

In Chinese, the meaning is clear as day. There will be a QS Spider-Man... As much as I hope for a Vulture I guess I won't be seeing him in one-sixth form sadly.

I will take your word on that, but their twitter post in English is also as clear as day. As a global company it's rather evident that HT needs to get their act together when it come to marketing. They're trying to stoke excitement & their customers can't discern WTF they're talking about. :lol

Well, just got caught up on all these posts and it seems pretty clear that the most logical case is that it's a 1/4 Spidey with the Vulture base...sort of a poor way to tease the 1/4 scale Spidey line using Vulture imagery/quotation...but it just makes the most sense that it's gonna be Spidey and not Vulture.

This reminds me of the debates/back and forth when HT teased VG Punisher WM...and half of the people thought it was Punisher Season 2 tease and the other half thought it was the WM armor...in the end, the most logical explanation prevailed and the rest is history.

RIP Vulture hopes and dreams! :gah:

Not debating/doubting that this is most likely a 1/4 scale Spidey with Vulture somehow integrated into the base, it's just annoying that their tease was so misleading.

It does seem like an odd time to release a 1/4 scale Spidey. We're not exactly starving for new versions of him right now, what with SIX different versions of him having been released recently - 3 video game (Advanced, Punk & Scarlet) and 3 movie (Movie Promo, Advanced & Stealth). I'm sure a lot of us have multiple 1/6 scale versions on order right now. Are there that many who want a 1/4 version of him as well?

Not debating/doubting that this is most likely a 1/4 scale Spidey with Vulture somehow integrated into the base, it's just annoying that their tease was so misleading.

It does seem like an odd time to release a 1/4 scale Spidey. We're not exactly starving for new versions of him right now, what with SIX different versions of him having been released recently - 3 video game (Advanced, Punk & Scarlet) and 3 movie (Movie Promo, Advanced & Stealth). I'm sure a lot of us have multiple 1/6 scale versions on order right now. Are there that many who want a 1/4 version of him as well?

I agree with you. And with Iron Man in 1/4 we have more amazing details. But here ? The same latex/spandex costume but in bigger scale.

Maybe a 1/4 diecast Iron Spidey would be tempting, but I can't think of any other Spideys I'd really want at that scale.

Right? Now if this was a re-release of the 1/6 Homemade Suit version with a final battle Vulture diorama base, I'd be all over it. Especially considering it would likely be the closest thing to a Vulture figure we'd ever see.

Studio Hive said they had a part in designing what this is. I doubt they've designed the figure so it must have some kind of elaborate base, or could this be a new statue range from HT?
Hive did the Molten Man base as well, so that's a dead giveaway for what that component is.
Right? Now if this was a re-release of the 1/6 Homemade Suit version with a final battle Vulture diorama base, I'd be all over it. Especially considering it would likely be the closest thing to a Vulture figure we'd ever see.
961430b10fd2b10b2ad47beb47b40381.jpg

All that to be said, that picture still doesn't convey the size needed to make a 1/4 vulture base. I get that this is the Spidey equivalent to the Iron Monger hand though. Plus I don't get the angle. The image is showing the vulture backpack facing such that the pilot would point towards the right lower corner. How is that able to be integrated into a base? If you'd flip it the physics of the wings goes wonky.

Someone stated that Spider-man is the #1 selling character when it comes to merchandising...so I'd say I'm sure there's a lucrative 1/4 market for Spidey figs.

Hive did the Molten Man base as well, so that's a dead giveaway for what that component is.
961430b10fd2b10b2ad47beb47b40381.jpg

All that to be said, that picture still doesn't convey the size needed to make a 1/4 vulture base. I get that this is the Spidey equivalent to the Iron Monger hand though. Plus I don't get the angle. The image is showing the vulture backpack facing such that the pilot would point towards the right lower corner. How is that able to be integrated into a base? If you'd flip it the physics of the wings goes wonky.

If it wasn't 1/4 scale, I'd suggest that HT was integrating a static (Power-Pose?) version of Vulture into the Spidey base, with maybe the fans being able to spin (if anything). But at 1/4 scale that would be ridiculously large - about the only place I could display that would be on my pool table. :lol

I'm having flashbacks to the TDKR Bat that was shown in 1/6 scale....

Someone stated that Spider-man is the #1 selling character when it comes to merchandising...so I'd say I'm sure there's a lucrative 1/4 market for Spidey figs.

Oh, no doubt there's a market, but releasing this while those other figures are still available will likely force many collectors to pick & choose. Not the soundest of launch strategies.

Back