Statue Sideshow Batman 1/1 bust 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Batman 1/1 bust

Geez, what is their obsession with insane vascularity lately??

"Even the leather masks are swole! For some reason...."

Easy pass.

Bulldog Batman. It's a cool sculpt if you like that visual take on the character. I'd be interested to see Sideshow's take on a 1/1 Wonder Woman head.

Bulldog Batman. It's a cool sculpt if you like that visual take on the character. I'd be interested to see Sideshow's take on a 1/1 Wonder Woman head.

I'd be interested to see Sideshow's take on a 1/1 real bulldog head now that you mention it. Especially the chin.:wink1: :lol

Yep, all their latest 1:1 busts (including Venom) are the work of the same neck tendon-loving sculptor:

1247fax.jpg

Looking at that it's all about the chin, I'd bet Wade would have the same without the head cover. Sculpt on all of them are not bad but there's definitely a running theme going on.

At least with a Thing 1\1 bust there'd be no excessive neck vascularity and chin dimple.

Sideshow make it happen :lecture

Last edited:

No joke ...they really need to fix that chin!

P5aOfdn.jpg

I can't be the only one seeing Willem Dafoe there.

Also, surely they forgot to paint his new sideshowified chin guard.

vSPFIbi.jpg

It'll be It'll be a pass for me. I'm not feeling the 3 balls on his chin.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Looking at that it's all about the chin, I'd bet Wade would have the same without the head cover. Sculpt on all of them are not bad but there's definitely a running theme going on.

At least with a Thing 1\1 bust there'd be no excessive neck vascularity and chin dimple.

Sideshow make it happen :lecture

The Thing bust is still the best Marvel bust to date in my opinion. Love that piece.

I'm a big fan of Miller's Old Man Batman and I think this new 1:1 bust is somehow inspired by it but IMO some stylized art/sculpt don't look that good in 1:1 3D form, and this bust is too stylized for my liking. Happy with the original Black+Grey release.

Back