Queen Studios The Dark Knight: Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*) he was also right before there was concrete evidence; let's say there are no DNA traces, that wouldn't mean both witnesses were right; this is pretty basic stuff

Yes, that wouldn't mean they're both right. But how will you know who's right and wrong? You can't. If there were no other evidence to pinpoint the actual perpetrator, then the perpetrator is set free.

Same thing here. We have different people saying the likeness is accurate and some saying the likeness is not accurate. How will you know who is right? You can't.

*) there is a physical object and the goal is to sculpt the object as exactly as possible in the respective format; and of course many artists also make comparisons and measure the proportions for example; there is room for interpretation insofar as you can choose the facial expression; unless you make an artificial interpretation like Play arts Kai or a caricature of the character

That's an assumption. You're assuming the artist used actual measurements to sculpt the portrait that we are talking about in this thread. Even if the artist did, those measurements were not stated in this thread, so we can't refer to them to gauge likeness to the real person. All interpretations of likeness in this thread are all subjective for that reason. They're based on opinions rather than actual measurables.

Yes, that wouldn't mean they're both right. But how will you know who's right and wrong? You can't. If there were no other evidence to pinpoint the actual perpetrator, then the perpetrator is set free.

Thanks for proving my point. My goal is not to convince anyone, it's just a fact that one side is right and the other side isn't, it's therefore not subjective.

Same thing here. We have different people saying the likeness is accurate and some saying the likeness is not accurate. How do you know who is right? You can't.

it's getting tiresome but this would be my answer. ⇩ Also, objective reality works independently of how person x thinks.

*) in the case of material objects, shape is an intrinsic property; as many pointed out, Enterbay Joker's head shape, for example, is wrong; you can see this clearly in comparison photos; just because someone doesn't see it doesn't change the fact that they are right

Thanks for proving my point. My goal is not to convince anyone, it's just a fact that one side is right and the other side isn't, it's therefore not subjective.

How is that a point when you can't even figure out who is right? Anyone can say they're right if they hold to their opinion. Anyone can say the likeness is accurate, but that's only their opinion if they don't back it up with concrete proof. Likeness is based on interpretation (opinion) from the observer. Your point is not proven.

it's getting tiresome but this would be my answer. ⇩ Also, objective reality works independently of how person x thinks.

No, we are not assessing object reality. We are looking at an interpretation and imitation of an object reality ...the sculpted portrait. Likeness of said sculpted portrait is totally dependent on how person x thinks (their opinion). It's subjective.

*) in the case of material objects, shape is an intrinsic property; as many pointed out, Enterbay Joker's head shape, for example, is wrong; you can see this clearly in comparison photos; just because someone doesn't see it doesn't change the fact that they are right

The mere fact that this statement indicates that there are disagreements on what is right and wrong with the Enterbay Joker's portrait tells me that different people have different opinions. That's because it's subjective ...people are holding on to their opinions on how the portrait should look like.

It's just like movies. For example i think Captain Marvel is the worse MCU movie ever and there is people that actually love the movie i have no idea how but it's fact people do like it. That doesn't mean Captain Marvel is the worst movie in the MCU nor does it mean it is a bad movie but to me it was so boring i would rather watch a documentary. The same goes for statues and sculpts what counts is what people like even if you disagree.

How is that a point when you can't even figure out who is right? Anyone can say they're right if they hold to their opinion. Anyone can say the likeness is accurate, but that's only their opinion if they don't back it up with concrete proof. Likeness is based on interpretation (opinion) from the observer. Your point is not proven.

No, we are not assessing object reality. We are looking at an interpretation and imitation of an object reality ...the sculpted portrait. Likeness of said sculpted portrait is totally dependent on how person x thinks (their opinion). It's subjective.

The mere fact that this statement indicates that there are disagreements on what is right and wrong with the Enterbay Joker's portrait tells me that different people have different opinions. That's because it's subjective ...people are holding on to their opinions on how the portrait should look like.

*) If the experience represents to one witness that suspect B is the perpetrator although suspect A did it, it means the witness is objectively wrong; whether or not this can be proven in court is irrelevant, as judicial misjudgment would only mean that objective reality has not been captured. Physical processes take place independently of human fallacies; but in our case, we have enough pictorial material on which we can base our judgement, if we have a good eye. ;)

*) mere disagreement is NOT an indicator that everyone is right and everything is subjective lmao; I think I've never read such a childish statement before; like I said before, if one thinks, for instance, that Hot Toys MMS68 Joker has a better likeness than Adam Gu's Joker he would be objectively wrong (if he just thinks that MMS68 looks better, that would be subjective and not wrong)

I've already explained to you everything here below, but can't understand it for you; and i'd prefer to end this conversation now. You may answer again as soon as you have understood this passage. (saying that everything is subjective because everyone has an opinion doesn't cut it)

Could you guys please continue this conversation in private? I think I can speak for the rest of us that we want to talk about this great Joker in here and nothing more. Thank you for understanding!

On-Topic:
Anyone think there will be swap out parts for the 1/3 scale? Or just one sitting statue?

Sure, I kept trying to get back to the subject but shouldn't have answered.

On-Topic:

Since it will be a scene-specific statue I'd be surprised about swap out parts

*) If the experience represents to one witness that suspect B is the perpetrator although suspect A did it, it means the witness is objectively wrong; whether or not this can be proven in court is irrelevant, as judicial misjudgment would only mean that objective reality has not been captured. Physical processes take place independently of human fallacies; but in our case, we have enough pictorial material on which we can base our judgement, if we have a good eye. ;)

If there's no concrete evidence and both witnesses pick out 2 different perpetrators, then no one can determine which witness is objectively right or wrong. Your point is ineffective. It's human fallacies that will cause differing opinions even when looking at all that pictorial material.

*) mere disagreement is NOT an indicator that everyone is right and everything is subjective lmao; I think I've never read such a childish statement before; like I said before, if one thinks, for instance, that Hot Toys MMS68 Joker has a better likeness than Adam Gu's Joker he would be objectively wrong (if he just thinks that MMS68 looks better, that would be subjective and not wrong)

Disagreement = difference in opinions = difference in interpretations of the sculpted portrait. That's because not everyone sees it the same way. Otherwise, everyone would all agree. Once again, your statement above in bold is your opinion because you don't have measurables to prove it.

I've already explained to you everything here below, but can't understand it for you; and i'd prefer to end this conversation now. You may answer again as soon as you have understood this passage. (saying that everything is subjective because everyone has an opinion doesn't cut it)

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Your opinion is just an opinion just like everybody else. If you want your opinion to be fact, then prove it with concrete proof.

I need to see more pictures of this statue and i also need poptulcha to stock it? I am hoping Toby is a supanova Sydney this saturday i will have a chat to him about queen and infinity.

Lol this thread got brutal, everyone chill man! Not worth the effort. Trust me queen puts out some great stuff.

Short Facebook video of the head sculpt.

PRODUCT UPDATE
Last week we released an early look at the Joker 1:3 head sculpt. We've had an awesome response and we'd like to thank you for your support!

To answer a few questions we've had.
- The head will be made from resin. The base color of the resin has a pale skin tone which will help us acheive a realistic look.
- The body and base is also made of resin, but the statue will include real fabric clothing.
- The hair type is yet to be decided. Let us know which you prefer in the comments.
- We're hoping to post pictures of the final product next month!

We are lucky that we get to make these awesome products every day, and we will keep working hard to make these collectibles something that you enjoy owning as much as we do!

As always, thanks for the support and feedback is welcomed

Chill out! You didn't have to read the posts. In any case, its over. You can carry on now.

You didn't have to spam the thread with your incessant nitpicking either but here we are.

Also I have invited Queen Studios Collectibles to join the board and share some exclusive details on upcoming products so keep your eyes peeled everyone!

Last edited:
You didn't have to spam the thread with your incessant nitpicking either but here we are.

Also I have invited Queen Studios Collectibles to join the board and share some exclusive details on upcoming products so keep your eyes peeled everyone!

It's a forum, not a guided tour, tangents happen. I don't mind them, and if you do just spend 5 seconds to skim instead of going nuts about it.

I went nuts because no mods cleaned up the arguments going on. How about I delete the thread altogether?

Go ahead, someone else will just open the another thread anyway.
Sure that got silly, I almost chimed in, but I thought nah...too petty for me.
But you know what I did?...just glanced on til they're finally done.

Like the other guy said, its a damn forum dude.
You dont have to like everything people say.

Queen Studios Community said:
Do you like this painting ?

PD2G65f.jpg

Back