Premium Format Princess Leia A New Hope 1/4 PF statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received her. Some quick iPhone pics

4cc293784594e2c6546ad3c248af3cd3.jpg
c7a3844ca81f5f357fca8307132cd388.jpg
ced6ee08d7214ed98e946ba2e466de3a.jpg
39d4bc1112a582b4d85cd4bcc1a70413.jpg
ce5c886fad6a3a7b567c7c995a2b5367.jpg
14ed917612f417cfb2108279f088abba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this in today! I think the they did an excellent job of capturing the likeness of Carrie Fisher! The hand for the blaster you do have to "bend" the fingers to get the blaster in. Only issue i have, is they sent me 2 EX arms gotta get a regular:eek:

More Pictures here:
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5763104&posted=1#post5763104

MeGaNnX.jpg

Great photos! How do u like the Bespin Luke and Han? On the fence on those 2 as well as the Han stormtrooper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! The likeness of Mark Hamill on Luke Skywalker is good! Han Solo and the Storm Trooper EX its close... mostly... I Bespin Luke Skywalker is one of my favorite Star Wars costumes so couldnt pass it up. Han Solo as well. The Storm Troopers armor gaps is kinda annoying but thats nitpicking. I enjoy the pieces and dont regret buying them. I suppose that is what matters the most!

I look forward to picking her up later this year on the Spooktacular or 12 Days of Sideshow sale.

After the debacle of Wonder Woman and her likeness to Gal Gadot, I was very nervous about ordering this.
I'm glad to report SS has redeemed themselves. I'm very happy how this turned out....
So glad I've got her. The base is weathered nicely, her hands looks amazing, even the detail with her nails.
If its true SS is not doing PF Star Wars anymore, I would grab this while you can.IMG_0957.jpg

I’m getting the regular from Popcultcha, as I didn’t need the Ex for this.

Which I believe is expected to arrive around the 12th of August. Which isn’t too far away.

Though honestly your photo is making her look a little bit like a bobble head.

She really does look great, I'll get her one of these days for sure.

I'm happy with the 1st Leia PF -which I'm happy to own. This did turn out really good though.

Please share details about your thoughts with the PVC (plastic) head/hands? How does it feel? Light? What are your impressions this vs. traditional polystone? Does the plastic make it feel too much like a "doll"?

Please share details about your thoughts with the PVC (plastic) head/hands? How does it feel? Light? What are your impressions this vs. traditional polystone? Does the plastic make it feel too much like a "doll"?

Though I don’t have this piece yet (I will in a couple of weeks) I have quite a few movie statues which have used differing materials for facesculpts and hands etc.

And it has never really bothered me, it’s the opposite in fact, as I find Polystone is the worst for capturing the proper colour tones necessary for human skin. I always find items such as Hot Toys and others who use translucent resins and other plastics to always be far superior to those those who only use straight Polystone. Imo it’s one of the major reasons why the Sideshow Jyn Erso is so good.

Polystone is perfectly fine for comic book based items etc, but I’ve never truly appreciated it for when it’s used on the headsculpts and other exposed skin areas on a statue when they’re based on real actors etc.

And as long as the body of the statue has got a bit of a heft to it, I never really got the whole doll argument. Heck I’ve heard the same too whenever fabrics are used on any statue.

You can't tell the hands are PVC until you touch them as they are flexible, which I prefer anyway. Like I said, I think the hands on this is one of the highlights. The statue and base have some weight to it just like my other statues. You don't need to worry....

Keeping my fingers crossed this goes on sale during Spooktacular next month.

Back