Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no set date for Star Wars land, but it’s speculated end of June next year as for disneyworld most likely around the holidays

I had no idea that reservations were needed for this. Did a little on-line research after seeing your post Osmosis.

My wife and I are headed to Orlando in September. Looks like Galaxy's Edge @ WDW in Orlando will NOT require a reservation when this opens up down there.

I had no idea that reservations were needed for this. Did a little on-line research after seeing your post Osmosis.

My wife and I are headed to Orlando in September. Looks like Galaxy's Edge @ WDW in Orlando will NOT require a reservation when this opens up down there.

I too found it surprising and disappointing that DL required reservations to enter. I'm just glad WDW doesn't. I still have a few more years to go before I'm heading to FL, but I seriously can't wait to check it out. It all looks amazing.

WDW the first few months you are able to enter for 4 hours at a time...I believe you will get a wristband when you enter to track that.

Transportation is sucking. 45min for buses, and about the same now for monorails- theres only like one running and now theyre doing a maintenance check in it. Its like theyre cutting back. Now theyre searching backpacks and have metal detectors at all the monorail stations. They even had one for getting in the contemporary elevators :gah:

Gonna be at Disneyworld this Monday for the first time with my family. 4 day hopper. Any cool exclusive toys/items I should keep an eye out exclusively? Is the personal Avatar figure worth it?

Gonna be at Disneyworld this Monday for the first time with my family. 4 day hopper. Any cool exclusive toys/items I should keep an eye out exclusively? Is the personal Avatar figure worth it?

I have seen people do the avatar figures, I’m not sure they are worth it. There is a lot of cool merchandise around. All stores will ship to your home so don’t waste time / effort carrying stuff around!

I have seen people do the avatar figures, I’m not sure they are worth it. There is a lot of cool merchandise around. All stores will ship to your home so don’t waste time / effort carrying stuff around!

Thanks, I was in a Disney resort so anything I bought they would deliver to my hotel. But since the avatar figure was a custom they said they could not deliver to my hotel, but it was small enough to put in my back back. I ended up doing one. I dont know if it really is a 3d printer with all the same head sculpt and the only custimization they let you custom is the color of the eyes, stripes on the face and style of the hair.
20190609_062038.jpg

Thanks, I was in a Disney resort so anything I bought they would deliver to my hotel. But since the avatar figure was a custom they said they could not deliver to my hotel, but it was small enough to put in my back back. I ended up doing one. I dont know if it really is a 3d printer with all the same head sculpt and the only custimization they let you custom is the color of the eyes, stripes on the face and style of the hair.
View attachment 456749

That's all it is. There's only a handful of facial variations. If you call them out for that at the store they will actually laugh because almost everyone complains.

Honestly Avatar land in general seems to be pretty poorly thought out. First off, the film occupies a weird place in pop culture where almost no one really has any specific attachment to anything in the film except for the visuals (which are pretty standard today). While glow in the dark trees are cool and that one flying ride is really amazing, the rest of the park is pretty lackluster. There aren't even any animatronic Navi anywhere.

Combined with the slightly too high concept meta narrative of the park where you are a visitor to the resort on Pandora established after the first film; there are a few slightly unsettling undertones. There are photos hung all over the park of Navi at groundbreaking ceremonies (Yea, that's what Navi love. Groundbreakings....) and rides whose backstory is to deliberatly commercialize super sacred Navi right of passages but not a single Navi. If you ask someone at the park (who are "in character") where the Navi are if this is Pandora they will basically brush it off and tell you not to worry about it. Honestly the vibe I got was that they colonized this part of the planet and killed off everyone that lived there.

Damn this thread died

There is no meaningful security at Disneyland/Disneyworld, discuss:

Top comments so far:
1) The slappiest place on earth
2) It’s just the new attraction at Ghettoland
3) Where’s the First Order stormtroopers when you need them?
4) “We've gotta code red, call in Darkwing Duck.”

Last edited:
I was in Disney California last year with my family— it was awesome

Not sure what the smoke circle was but it was strange…

Attachments

• IMG_1079.jpeg
    IMG_1079.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1087.jpeg
    IMG_1087.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    927.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1176.jpeg
    IMG_1176.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1179.jpeg
    IMG_1179.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1194.jpeg
    IMG_1194.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1198.jpeg
    IMG_1198.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
How much is it to visit Disneyland now? Haven't been there in ages
Expensive. To be honest I don’t even want to think about how much it cost :) It was a once in a lifetime thing for my kids. Just to get in is one thing but once you add up Genie+ the fact that some rides cost extra to do the fast queue plus food and drink etc I think i might have dropped between 5-10k in Australian dollars.

Back