1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the official Hot Toys site and search by licenses, this is under the general StarWars license, NOT ROTJ. They did modify the helmet so it is not as warped as the ROTJ one, so they know it’s not exactly as the ROTJ one.

It may not be a perfect recreation (has any mass produced figure ever really been?), it it is quite clearly intended to be a ROTJ style trooper regardless of how it's marketed. Some things (like the hand armor, helmet, and holster placement) could be ESB (though they are also consistent with ROTJ) but things like the white soles, the gun, the abdomen details, and the "piping" around the edges of the chest and butt plates are all distinctly ROTJ.

5ce3c9d31059692e1bc59a7095bfeea7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice shots! While they're not my favourite looking stormies...i'd still like to pick up at least one.

Hey, you guys weren't kidding about Timewalker having good service! Ordered 2 stormies and a Patrol trooper from them and had some questions about holding/shipping together etc. They've responded 5 times in the last day and been awesome.

The weathering on the boots is a little weak but love the look of the armor overall.

It may not be a perfect recreation (has any mass produced figure ever really been?), it it is quite clearly intended to be a ROTJ style trooper regardless of how it's marketed. Some things (like the hand armor, helmet, and holster placement) could be ESB (though they are also consistent with ROTJ) but things like the white soles, the gun, the abdomen details, and the "piping" around the edges of the chest and butt plates are all distinctly ROTJ.

Exactly. It is an idealized ROTJ Stormtrooper

Buckled and just bought a second

The sculpt of the helmet is pretty disappointing. A true idealized ROTJ helmet is the model used in the EA BattleFront game. These helmets are just, I don't even know what they're supposed to be based on. It's like they decided to do an amalgam of all the OT Stormtrooper helmets.

The sculpt of the helmet is pretty disappointing. A true idealized ROTJ helmet is the model used in the EA BattleFront game. These helmets are just, I don't even know what they're supposed to be based on. It's like they decided to do an amalgam of all the OT Stormtrooper helmets.

Yeah I think the proto - even though still far from a strong likeness to the ROTJ helmet - was closer. The shape really looks nothing like ROTJ and the overpaint of the mouth seemed more noticeable in the proto, which is the key ROTJ identifier.

HT's first (ANH) stormie was miles from being accurate to either ANH stunt or hero (it actually looks mostly like a better painted version of the old Sideshow stormie helmet from 6 years earlier) so not sure why anyone would be expecting them to nail the unusual distortions of the ROTJ helmet.

It's like when people say they want an ESB Chewy from HT... when every previous version of Chewy looks like the same bad taxidermy cat, just with the face reglued a bit.:lol The ANH version is decent/okay (and can be made really good with mods,) but the others are just road-kill bad, so asking for an ESB-specific version as if HT can do it is just silly.

What this release does prove is that no company is ever going to really nail the stormie helmet in 1/6 - that kind of accuracy belongs to custom figures.

That being said, can't wait to have one of these in-hand. If you get over the helmet sculpt inaccuracy, it's still a very nicely done "generic stormie" and the armor is beautifully done (just as the ANH was too.)

The original prototype looks more like the ROTJ one. As already pointed out, this is the idealized version. Who knows, maybe Hts will do a true ROTJ version down the toad

Used rewards and a coupon to order a third trooper. May get a fourth for a small squad. Really like how these turned out. Improved articulation should make for some good fun with four of them.

a5c1143c1bf5634e5335a35c716d6aeb.jpg
dedbfe7888dfd5610a8649c13ea00a6c.jpg
1b8e3ec807dd4217f01876e4759625e4.jpg
1bf4f3e17c47c933136d3d5e7ae467f5.jpg

A few rough shots, it’s a lot more weathered than it looked in the official photos.
It’s got loads of small weathering details all over, really impressive straight out the box.

2747ea3ab6353ff4d1b7c55e5807dc1d.jpg

Back