Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys MMS xxx Padme Amidala speculation thread

Yeah as a figure all of her dresses really only lend themselves to posing her standing upright with arms at her sides. That isn't necessarily a bad thing obviously but her TPM Theed final battle and Geonosis attire are much more action oriented.

They’ll end up making more than one Padme anyway. It’s just the Theed version would look brilliant sitting on the shelf above Maul, Qui-Gon and padawan Obi-Wan. The Geonosis version is a definite. I’d prefer TPM version first because if they don’t make it for the 20th anniversary, then it probably won’t be coming any time soon.

Yeah design-wise her Theed invasion gown "I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war" has always been my favorite.

I think it's more to do with the poses possible with the Geonosis version.

I don't think it"s possible to release the Anakin Geonosis which was teased on early photos on the Count Dooku photos later than removed without releasing a Padme. As many Amidala's as possible hot toys. I'm in!!!

It’s not even her sexiest outfit in AOTC. Not sure if I’d want a sexy doll... visitors might get the wrong impression.

That midriff though.

So what you’re saying is you wouldn’t buy a slave Leia?

Rather than the “sexiness" factor I think the Geonosis outfit is the only one who has that action figure look and feeling to it, the scene is pretty much the only time Padmé gets into the action part of the movies. It would be smart to release that one first, if they were to reveal the pregnant one or one of her many dresses most collectors here would complain about it being just a “doll that can’t be posed”.

I don't think it"s possible to release the Anakin Geonosis which was teased on early photos on the Count Dooku photos later than removed without releasing a Padme. As many Amidala's as possible hot toys. I'm in!!!

Agree. Maybe they held up Padmé because is in fact he Geonosis version and they were waiting to have the full Anakin ready to release them at the same time. Hope they make several Padme figures like they did with Harley Quinn.

Rather than the “sexiness" factor I think the Geonosis outfit is the only one who has that action figure look and feeling to it, the scene is pretty much the only time Padmé gets into the action part of the movies.

Did you forget her grappling hook action...

padme-phantom-menace-thumb-860xauto-69832.jpg

AOTC also has that exciting moment when Padme falls out of the ship and rolls down the sand dune. Awesome!

I feel if we don't get an announcement for this figure by SDCC then my hopes will be gone of ever getting this figure. Seriously get this done hot toys!!!

Possibly another Drax situation where it’s taking a while to get approved

Oh good, another marvel figure this week. Never enough captain America figures. Almost 2 months now with nothing from Star Wars for preorder. (Angrily searches eBay for vintage figures). Look what you made me do hot toys..

Oh good, another marvel figure this week. Never enough captain America figures. Almost 2 months now with nothing from Star Wars for preorder. (Angrily searches eBay for vintage figures). Look what you made me do hot toys..

It was an update to an existing figure. Not a new figure. Though I don't doubt rocket and rescue are probably up next :lol

Last 12 announcements are Avengers related. I miss not only SW, but also other franchises.

I don’t understand HT’s habit of releasing only one figure at a time. Unless it’s Marvel, then they sometimes release multiple figures at once. Here’s a novel idea Hot Toys: *gasp* you guys can probably release a Star Wars figure the same day as a Marvel figure but nooooooo.

So since we have passed TPM anniversary and they already "whoops" announced her once what do we think is taking so long to get her at least shown to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back