Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My preference is for the episode 6 hood shape and I’m struggling with getting to that even standing up. Feels like we need a little more material in the hood to give the hood the right shape and coverage.
e14bec36783ff2aeb0879e68f053da13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My preference is for the episode 6 hood shape and I’m struggling with getting to that even standing up. Feels like we need a little more material in the hood to give the hood the right shape and coverage.
e14bec36783ff2aeb0879e68f053da13.jpg

You have to take a razor blade and cut one of the seems on the back of the hood, its the only way to pull the hood all the way down and make it accurate

You have to take a razor blade and cut one of the seems on the back of the hood, its the only way to pull the hood all the way down and make it accurate

You can do it without cutting anything...

Just takes proper futzing.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

You can do it without cutting anything...

Just takes proper futzing.

Cutting doesn’t hurt anything. It’s a must to get the proper look. The hood doesn’t look right from other angles without cutting.

I never cut anything on mine and it comes that far forward or more

Same here.

I’ve had a couple of these and they’re not all stitched at the same spot. I was able to achieve a good look on my first but on my second one I was always fighting the stitches but removing them made it fully controllable.

I’ve had a couple of these and they’re not all stitched at the same spot. I was able to achieve a good look on my first but on my second one I was always fighting the stitches but removing them made it fully controllable.

Oh that's interesting. I think mine looks fine and haven't cut anything. But I don't think I posted a pic of him here to get the SSF scrutiny.

I never cut anything on mine and it comes that far forward or more

Oh that's interesting. I think mine looks fine and haven't cut anything. But I don't think I posted a pic of him here to get the SSF scrutiny.

Same here. Though I think it also depends how you have him posed. With the stitches still in, you sort of get the rolls on his shoulders at the sides of the hood, but this seems to be more discernible if you have him seated rather than standing. If you have him standing, you have gravity working in your favor and the weight of the robe being pulled down kind of helps mitigate the side hood rolling on the shoulders. It wouldn’t hurt to cut the stitches of course, but I don’t think it’s necessary.

A bit late for that I bet but best of luck. SSC emperor wasn't bad but wha boy is the HT one an improvement looking at them side by side.

I also see no need to cut any hood stitches, he looks great and the stitches makes it look like his hood is weighed down realistically and not a bunched up 1:6 piece of clothing. It comes down to who applied the stitching I guess, staff or intern :rotfl

Wow, I will definitely remove those big @ss Hot Toys stands of Royal Guards and mimic yours instead.

I was able to use the HT stands no problem. The throne is sitting on two.
a13577a87445f7844fd68f61c1e52343.jpg

Those are great shots, Somerset. Did you snip the threads on the hood to get it like that?

Thanks Stryker - no snipping involved. On mine you can press the folds in the hood down even further to lie more flatly on the shoulders, but then it narrows the opening so much you can barely see his face.

Back