Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Arwen has arrived in Minas Miami!

She looks very good, as the mixed medium hair works well and the sculpt looks even better in hand than in pics.

Speaking of... since we've all been waiting all this time with you.

:rotfl

Yeah, I know but I have absolutely no display space available. I've got easily over 30 figures still in their packaging because I have nowhere to display them.

I have to be honest and I've been considering a big purge in the collection. I just have too many figures to display in a classy way and not jam-packed in shelves/detolfs. :(

Too many figures is definitely and issue. But how can you buy a figure just to keep it in its box, especially when you first get it? I can understand taking a figure that's been on display for some time out of circulation... to make room for something new. But hiding a new figure? Blasphemy.

Oh, I know the feeling! I've got a bunch still boxed. Our house is WAY too small. So for me, sometimes the excitement of a new figure can get overwhelmed by the dread of making room for it. I've got to take the current figures down, go to our storage unit, root through the unit to find the original box, repack the old figure, find a place for it in the storage unit ... and on and on ... Ends up being a pretty solid chunk of a day, all in.

It's like a giant game of physical and emotional Tetris!

I've slowed down in my collecting in recent years, but I've still got way too much. I love my collection, but sometimes it can feel like a bit of a burden.

I'm very picky when it comes to buying figures, so deciding which one to put away or worse, sell off, can be difficult.

It has happened before, where I get fed up with all of the boxed figures and do a big sell-off. I'm getting to that point. If I can't enjoy them, then they aren't worth keeping boxed up.

Is the scabbard supposed to be attached to her riding saddle? She uses her sword while mounted, right?

I'm very picky when it comes to buying figures, so deciding which one to put away or worse, sell off, can be difficult.

It has happened before, where I get fed up with all of the boxed figures and do a big sell-off. I'm getting to that point. If I can't enjoy them, then they aren't worth keeping boxed up.

So true! I have had to let a lot of great figures go because there is no point to me in having them if there is no room to display them. There is a very real chance that by the end of 2019 I might only have Asmus figures left in the 1/6 scale. I think I am down to 8 Star Wars (4 in boxes), 2 Star Trek, 1 Jack Sparrow, 2 Indianas, 1 Westley and 3 Marvel (displayed in my closet?!?). Since Asmus started their line I have probably sold off 2 dozen 1/6 figures some never even made it out of their boxes.

Back