Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #13 Jodie Whittaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This escapade has given me hope that we will see all the classic doctors from Big Chief.

6357cda6b18ff0f2ee794b667176229a.jpg

The site is showing estimated delivery as November 2019. Let’s hope there are no pushbacks because I think a lot of people were hoping for a shorter turnaround time.

Eight months is actually a very short turnaround, given that one would assume they literally hadn't even started the factory process yet, so personally I'd be impressed if they manage to get this out by years end. And I'd be downright amazed if they hit their predicted November date without issue, to be honest.

This is a whole new way of doing things for BCS, so we'll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out, I suppose.

This is one sixth collecting, though, so expect delays. Just so long as those delays aren't excessive and don't stretch out and become interminable like they have in the past with things like the Eighth Doctor and too many others in recent years, then I won't be too worried overall. An extra couple of months is one thing, but once delays stretch out beyond the five or six month point that's when things start to feel seriously off track and increasingly irritating. At least in my view, anyhow.

Agreed. I'm fully expecting a delay but as long as it's not a 2 year delay like with Clara and Eight, then I can accept it.

I'm surprised I still haven't received an email asking for payment yet though. Weren't they supposed to charge us the second the project was greenlit or something?

As above, surprised that I haven’t had a payment request.
The November delivery seems, early at best.
I did receive an update on Captain Scarlet : the production sample is expected end of March. If ok, will go straight into production, but no final date yet.
8th Doctor is still lost in the time vortex!! Haha
Anyways, glad 13 is going ahead, and eagerly awaiting spending £200 ASAP !!

And... paid.
3C1AAA38-7DB0-4CC7-8ABC-EA1956A8C4E9.jpeg
Received the payment information email. Logged into my account, and one click later it was paid.
Now.... the waiting begins.. haha

I might even watch the series at some point !!!

It’s nice to finally order another Doctor.
Bring on Pertwee and the rest!

So after you hit "pay now" on Paypal or with your card, do you still have an option to apply rewards points or pay in installments after that? The website is not very clear about that.

So after you hit "pay now" on Paypal or with your card, do you still have an option to apply rewards points or pay in installments after that? The website is not very clear about that.

No. From what I can see you can only use reward points at the time of making the initial order. And as there was no deposit, you couldn't do so in the initial order in this case, as far as I'm aware. If they are going to keep going down the launchpad path, they really need to address this in some way so you can apply the points to your first payment, because otherwise many customers will never have anything to spend their points on, if it is just limited to 'in stock' items that you add to your cart, which would only benefit those who don't support the launches and instead wait it out.

Oh ok, thanks. It's a shame because I was expecting I'd be able to knock that price down a bit. $274 is freakin painful for a figure I won't be seeing for several months, and is also far more than I've spent on any previous DW figure. And that's with free shipping!

If this is going to be the new norm then it'll probably the last figure I ever buy from them.

Well I can't see how they can justify Pertwee being quite as expensive when he hits, seeing as how it won't be a signature edition (or so one would imagine, unless they get it signed by Sean or Katy...which seems a bit pointless to be honest), and that usually adds twenty pounds or so to the price.

Regardless, I'm still on the hook for every new version of the Doctor they make. Pertwee next, and then Troughton, Davison, Colin Baker and McCoy in whatever order they choose. Completing the main lineup is my grail, so as long as Big Chief are still going I'll cling on to that hope through thick and thin for all its worth. :lol

Even after that I'd still be up for Series 18 Tom Baker, Caretaker Tom, and the David Bradley First Doctor, too, if they ever popped up. Peter Cushing Dr. Who, too, if they could nab the license and it was viable to do so (very, very unlikely). And then they could start working their way through the Masters if they wanted to keep me happily on the hook... :p

What can I say, I'm still a whore for Who. :lol

From Big Chief:

13th Doctor
Tooling - due to commence start May and to be completed by end June
Pre-production Sample - expected mid July
Mass Production - expected to begin end July and be completed by end September
Ship Date - mid October

Back