Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if there's a thread for this already, but does anyone have any feedback on the "space tracker" head sculpt off OSK? It looks pretty great in the photos.

View attachment 430507

It’s a good sculpt (imho) but as others on here have already stated it’s definitely oversized. I’m not too fussy but tried it on the HT ANH Han and couldn’t really live with it, reverted back to the original head quite quickly. A shame cos to me it looks a lot more like Ford than the HT sculpt...

It’s a good sculpt (imho) but as others on here have already stated it’s definitely oversized. I’m not too fussy but tried it on the HT ANH Han and couldn’t really live with it, reverted back to the original head quite quickly. A shame cos to me it looks a lot more like Ford than the HT sculpt...

Yeah, no - it really wouldn't work for ANH Han at all. It has a very ROTJ look to me - older, ever so slightly chubbier in the face. HF looks very lean and noticeably younger in ANH, as well as having a very distinctive look vs ROTLA and ESB.

Someone just recast it and shrink it down to the right size lol.

Interestingly enough, the original sculpt - which was a custom Indy sculpt that was available on here - was larger, and in the process of recasting brought it back from maybe 15-20% oversized to more like 10% oversized.

The size is a bit of an issue but to me it really isn't that much more noticeable than Sideshow heads from maybe 3-4 years ago (Luke or Han Hoth) that are displayed next to HT figures. Even Soldier Story heads, which nearly always run on the smaller side vs HT heads, I find are okay. The thing people never seem to realize is that adult human heads have quite a variation in size.

I think the space tracker head works best with the Hoth outfit. The bulkier clothes help hide that the head is slighly oversized.

C6743719-0417-427A-B089-DF3931F5017B.jpg

Yeah, true. And ugh, those Sideshow Hoth Han gloved hands' gauntlets always remind me of Popeye the sailor's forearms.:lol

I'm thinking (more hoping) that Hot Toys will announce this during Star Wars Celebration next month in Chicago.
Along with ESB Chewbacca.
And ESB Lando Calrissian.

I've given up trying to predict when this might come. HT seems to be in no rush, despite already teasing it with Bespin Leia, and all I can do is just hope they're taking the extra time to get the sculpt right.

This is the figure I've been anticipating the most. Depending on how they go with it (deluxe vs.standard, carbonite block, restraints,etc.),it might be the only figure of which I'll buy multiples.

I've given up trying to predict when this might come. HT seems to be in no rush, despite already teasing it with Bespin Leia, and all I can do is just hope they're taking the extra time to get the sculpt right.

Yeah, while I'd do backflips if Han Bespin and Lando were revealed at Celebration or SDCC (more likely SDCC) there's been so many obvious moments where "matching" figs should have been announced and they weren't. You'd think Han Bespin would have been announced with Leia Bespin, yet here we are eight months later and nothing.

And as someone said, even if they announce Han Bespin at SDCC, it means we have it in-hand middle of 2020. Imagine if you'd posted that back in 2016 when the HT Han Bespin coming soon rumors first started - "it'll be in-hand in FOUR YEARS.":lol

hell you would be better off customizing a BESPIN han that way you know you would have him instead of waiting for ever on this release any time soon

Things are so quiet on the ht front...
I’m sure any announcements in the near future will be avengers. Hopefully we get a great Star Wars announcement before the avengers onslaught. Bespin Han would be perfect, or the Death Star trooper (r.i.p)

Peeps need to be taking some scissors to those Sideshow Han Bespin zippers.:lecture

Back