Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point there’s no excuse for HT taking this long unless tweaks were made. I’m getting it regardless but no excuses for the delay just because.

Well, they are dragging their feet on all the DC figures in that "Upcoming Releases" image
from January, so who knows what is going on.

What would be hilarious is if more Marvel figures released before this guy, JL Aquaman and JL Flash.

To be honest they're dragging their feet on everything, aside from Commander Cody nothing has really been shown as of late, or released.

Agreed. They really should've given at least 1 other, completely different sculpt. Could keep that half painted face sculpt as the EX, but man they so could've given him another, stock. This set being 1/4 and (over) 10 years after the movie and Ledger's passing had all the stars alligned to be a true grail piece. Hell, I would've gladly taken more emotional sculpts over accessories and that cheesy, tacky base.

Man...this thread will go nuts if the final product left unchange after 2 years of waiting. God, hope that not the case. Still getting this regardless.

Are we expecting this to release any day now? Sideshow is still expecting to get it in sometime during the April-May season right?

Are we expecting this to release any day now? Sideshow is still expecting to get it in sometime during the April-May season right?
Yeah, still has that time release, unless they change it here soon again.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The delays on this and all DC products are beyond ridiculous. If any of them release tomorrow they won't get to Sideshow and other retailers before May...stuff further down the line like Superman and regular Batman we'll be lucky to get in hand before the Autumn.

The only way I'll be cancelling mine is if it turns out crap, or soft or anything that isn't worth the wait. If it turns out that it was worth the wait it's no skin of my back. For me this piece will be a never sell in any situation piece. Near impossible we'd ever get another 1/4 TDK Joker from Hot Toys again after this, and Hot Toys being the best articulated toy manufacturer on the market means it's a no brainer to keep it if you're a fan of Joker.
Fr

K

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man...this thread will go nuts if the final product left unchange after 2 years of waiting. God, hope that not the case. Still getting this regardless.

If it turns out bad your gonna see pre orders opening up like crazy and the 1/4 TDKR Batman flood onto eBay for crazy prices!

Doubt it. Every Hot Toys Ledger Joker ever made has had a pretty crappy likeness yet look at the prices they fetch on after market. Hell even the Enterbay one is barely affected by the announcement of this one.

If you don't like the sculpt I totally get that but acting like this isn't going to sell gangbusters reguardless is foolish.

Last edited:
Anyone know what's happening with Hot Toys? They don't appear to have released anything in ages, DC or otherwise. Starting to think we'll never see these figures.

Probably just got their heads down. A whole roster of Avengers figures, seemingly a couple of figures fro Hellboy coming up, DC line still to finish, Star Wars figures still to finish even the last Avengers still to finish let alone the couple of figures announced since christmas. Doubt we'll be getting too many early reveals this year. This is the year of lineups.

Ya man they overproduce figures too much these days, especially star wars and marvel characters, resulting in stale inventory which in turn hurts cash flow needed for manufacturing/mass producing dc and other properties figures. Its not that they do too many star wars or marvel characters per say its that they are over estimating demand for them and producing too many of them. God forbid 2ndary market makes some money, they just went to far which is why nothing hardly sells out anymore (marvel or star wars figs)

Ya man they overproduce figures too much these days, especially star wars and marvel characters, resulting in stale inventory which in turn hurts cash flow needed for manufacturing/mass producing dc and other properties figures. Its not that they do too many star wars or marvel characters per say its that they are over estimating demand for them and producing too many of them. God forbid 2ndary market makes some money, they just went to far which is why nothing hardly sells out anymore (marvel or star wars figs)

You are right my friend!! Hot Toys used to be highly sought after ( from when I started collecting years ago) now with the revamps/ 2.0/3.0 adding more and more numbers to runs really starting to kill it for hot toys. A lot of figures aren’t selling out like they used to pretty much to a point where you don’t really have to pre order a product until a month from release now days. It’s a shame really

You are right my friend!! Hot Toys used to be highly sought after ( from when I started collecting years ago) now with the revamps/ 2.0/3.0 adding more and more numbers to runs really starting to kill it for hot toys. A lot of figures aren’t selling out like they used to pretty much to a point where you don’t really have to pre order a product until a month from release now days. It’s a shame really

Hot Toys is all about making as much on each character as possible there will always be a 2.0 and more on each character and lost is the limited amount hot toys used to do with no 2.0

WTH ?!? Can we get a release already dont even have on order. This guy's been missing forever...

Back