Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Ooooh. Looks nice. I want but my Batman is currently boxed up and don’t want the cape to get ruined so not sure where I’d put it. Gotta do it though.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

That’s an incredible improvement. I don’t understand why none of these high end collectible companies are capable of making decent capes.

Yep I agree. They get so much right but a figure Like Batman or Superman the cape is a big part of the character. I couldn't be happier with upgrade on the cape.. I got Tony Mei's for the 89 years ago when he did his first version and again it is so much easier to pose and looks awesome. Jaxxon did a Arkham City Batman cape as well and I love the length and the drape covers the shoulders. I might have to get his Vader capes now.

So...it took years, luck, and relatively speaking a lot of money, but I finally got my hands on Ms. Kyle.

I literally started putting this together today so it will need work. Likely a body swap, loose threads tamed and trimmed on the costume, laces taken in and trimmed — this can all wait on the body swap I guess. Was thinking TB League as I saw on YouTube but not looking forward to wrestling this costume on to it.

I could only find a battle-damaged version of the Supermad Cat, which will do just fine but I’d still grab the regular version if I find it.

Looking at these two together, with the HT Batmobile on my shelf — the sum is greater than its parts. All three as a set evoke a time, a place and aesthetic in the best way possible. The set and what they evoke is why I really got into and stayed with 1/6. Just amazing.

Why on earth Hot Toys abandoned the Returns line boggles my mind. Just really grateful to have these paired up, finally.

It’s a Dabbs head but I’m waiting to hear back on who painted it.

fe83fb2e4a15c97044e379a224b68027.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...it took years, luck, and relatively speaking a lot of money, but I finally got my hands on Ms. Kyle.

I literally started putting this together today so it will need work. Likely a body swap, loose threads tamed and trimmed on the costume, laces taken in and trimmed — this can all wait on the body swap I guess. Was thinking TB League as I saw on YouTube but not looking forward to wrestling this costume on to it.

I could only find a battle-damaged version of the Supermad Cat, which will do just fine but I’d still grab the regular version if I find it.

Looking at these two together, with the HT Batmobile on my shelf — the sum is greater than its parts. All three as a set evoke a time, a place and aesthetic in the best way possible. The set and what they evoke is why I really got into and stayed with 1/6. Just amazing.

Why on earth Hot Toys abandoned the Returns line boggles my mind. Just really grateful to have these paired up, finally.

Awesome shot mate-that looks immense.
I doubt hot toys could capture pfeiffer as well as that headsculpt-it looks phenomenal.
As a massive returns fan-I’m properly jealous!
Well done

Awesome shot mate-that looks immense.
I doubt hot toys could capture pfeiffer as well as that headsculpt-it looks phenomenal.
As a massive returns fan-I’m properly jealous!
Well done

Relentless waiting and watching, and sheer, dumb luck. I could sell my entire collection but I would keep my grails -- this pair and the car. I don't even feel bad about the money I sunk into it. We toss around the word "grail" on these forums from time to time, but for me, this was what it actually meant. So cool the way one figure elevates another.

You’re right! This trio is awesome and so iconic! Enjoy!
The same for me. I could sell my entire stuff but i would keep the Batmobile, Dx-09 and08.

^Beautiful shot, Rondesmo! Now stop it. Makes me want to get a DX08. :lol

Congrats, ZE_501. Looks like a beautiful addition to the collection.

I had my eye on a different Catwoman offered up in the for sale section. Felt it would really elevate the Batman figure, as you said, but didn’t pull the trigger. Hot Toys really must realize that a second figure in a set goes a long way. They released two Jokers from the first flick, plus the Batmobile.

Awkward.

bf0fcf16118d0729ee890699b0053867.jpg

She’s still a work in progress, but got the body swap done — TB League S16A Medium Bust Pale.

As I was telling someone earlier today, working that skin tight PVC suit on to a silicone doll body for 40 minutes was one of the hilariously low points of my adult life. ;)

Up their with patiently combing my Chewie and carefully styling CW Black Widow’s hair for that more relaxed look. :D

I need to get the head and hands more secure, and tighten up on the ankle pegs; also need to get the taser or whatever it is magnetically clipped to her boot.

(Hope you guys don’t mind seeing her in this thread, I figured she’s a complementary character and vice versa.)

Thanks to gogul1 and his in-depth YouTube breakdowns on the different releases — they helped guide my custom parts acquisition.

It’s the Supermad battle-damaged costume. Still on the lookout for a regular — they seem to have dried up, but no rush.

40eecc0835db2954132457e8585eec03.jpg

019d55737c1afb3e5d6661a9f285cc58.jpg

Yup, a truly beautiful Catwoman. :clap

WOW! I really need to know more about this Catwoman, she looks stellar! Like HT level good.

Congrats, ZE! Beautiful edition to your collection!

Looks incredible, Ze!

Yup, a truly beautiful Catwoman. :clap

WOW! I really need to know more about this Catwoman, she looks stellar! Like HT level good.

Congrats, ZE! Beautiful edition to your collection!

Thanks guys, as I've mentioned -- this one's the definition of a grail figure. I think she elevates my Keaton Bats and Batmobile like nothing else.

Wor: I gave up on HT producing one, but I'd missed the Sean Dabbs head sculpt by years. I did track him down but discovered he's not great with responding to messages. :lol -- I assume he's too busy for one fanboy.

So I searched, watched, waited. This one (a Dabbs sculpt) became available by sheer luck but the price was too dear at first.

To my surprise, I got it for less -- which is to say still expensive but hell with it. The rest of the ingredients are the Supermad battle-damaged costume with a TBleague body.

Still tweaking it so that everything fits together and works.

The head has apparently changed hands at least twice, so I was unable to find out who painted it.

- The hands are cast in something closer to a resin, so I've carefully bored them out by hand with a blade to fit them snugly over the metal TBleague pegs. I'll eventually wrap the pegs with something - thin tape, teflon, whatever...so the hands can rotate smoothly.

- As gogul1 warned on YouTube, the ankle pegs are too small for the boots. I currently have them bulked with 4 layers of Ziploc plastic bag to fit them more snugly, but although she'll stand on her own, they're not reliable without a stand, so I'll look at using epoxy or similar like gogul1 did with his bash.

- I've trimmed the loose threads off the white stitching after tying them off, (the Supermad BD comes this way) but have yet to do anything with the boot or corset laces.

- And need to magnetize the taser.

I'm scouring the web for a non-BD Supermad that I can have as an alternate.

The slightly ripped one actually looks great and slightly sexier -- like a transition outfit before she's in complete tatters.

That Sean head is definitely the only way to go with a Catwoman. It's great! Labor of love for him, I know.

You say the hands are like resin -- is that the way the Supermad hands come?

Anyway, really looks great. One of the best Catwomen I've seen. You should be very proud.

The slightly ripped one actually looks great and slightly sexier -- like a transition outfit before she's in complete tatters.

Yeah, it turned out well!

That Sean head is definitely the only way to go with a Catwoman. It's great! Labor of love for him, I know.

Absolutely.

You say the hands are like resin -- is that the way the Supermad hands come?

Yeah...they're full painted up and the detail is nicer than I expected, but I'd be careful with them as they feel like a hard resin without much flexibility.

Anyway, really looks great. One of the best Catwomen I've seen. You should be very proud.

I feel veeerrry lucky.

Back