Ghostbusters 1/4 Peter Venkman HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what am i missing here w/ this line of statues? how are the exclusives of these still available? they look great!!

seeing that the last few sales have sold for $250 recently on ebay is just mind blowing to me...

what am i not getting as these look fantastic!?!

Well that the biggest problem... everybody is "ooh aaah" Hot Toys, Prime 1 etc etc.
HCG is my favorite company out there that has the balls to do some special licenses no other company wants to do. Men in Black, Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands etc.
Because most collectors are complaining about their quality (paint), they don't deserve this.

Well that the biggest problem... everybody is "ooh aaah" Hot Toys, Prime 1 etc etc.
HCG is my favorite company out there that has the balls to do some special licenses no other company wants to do. Men in Black, Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands etc.
Because most collectors are complaining about their quality (paint), they don't deserve this.

Well, to be fair, Prime 1 is incredible and we’re talking statues so Hot Toys doesn’t count but I agree with you about these Ghostbusters statues. They are amazing. I have Edward Scissorhands as well and that piece is also really good. Coming from someone that has pieces from a lot of the major players, including XM and Prime 1, these Ghostbusters statues are still among my favorites in my collection and are, hands down, the best bang for your buck at 1/4 scale.

In my opinion, of course! I’ll get off this soapbox eventually. Even the shipping is reasonable! Though I’m in PA and I believe HCG is in Florida so that probably helps.

Getting really tempted by these. Trevor Grove has knocked these sculpts out of the park.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Well one of the reasons I wasn't interested before is because I was never truly convinced that they would make all four (and I'm an all four or nothing guy). But now that they have I'm suddenly reassessing. And while I don't mind the slightly cartoony style that most of them have, to be honest I'm not overly fond of the Spengler headsculpts, which is probably my main hesitation at this point. That Winston is great, though. Finally Ernie gets some proper love. :rock

I own Venkman so far but the fact that they all have the same pose and base, not to mention the generic facial expression -except maybe the Stantz ex- doesn't make me want them as a set.
Tmnt movie set from prime 1 for example was much more interesting.
As individuals though, thay are beautiful pieces and the likeness is there for sure.

I own Venkman so far but the fact that they all have the same pose and base, not to mention the generic facial expression -except maybe the Stantz ex- doesn't make me want them as a set.
Tmnt movie set from prime 1 for example was much more interesting.
As individuals though, thay are beautiful pieces and the likeness is there for sure.

I own none of them but this is the only thing putting me off also. Out of all of them the Stantz has me most interested due to that exclusive headsculpt. I'm concerned it may be a bit of an odd one off though as a display piece alone also.

I own none of them but this is the only thing putting me off also. Out of all of them the Stantz has me most interested due to that exclusive headsculpt. I'm concerned it may be a bit of an odd one off though as a display piece alone also.

I don't think being solo is a problem. Contrariwise. The base screams for solo display. Also ex-Stantz is the most interesting piece by far and you can always buy slimer as a companion piece. ;)
I just picked Venkman because I love Murray.

I don't think being solo is a problem. Contrariwise. The base screams for solo display. Also ex-Stantz is the most interesting piece by far and you can always buy slimer as a companion piece. ;)
I just picked Venkman because I love Murray.
That was my exact plan but then I was reading there are scale issues and numerous other problems with Slimer which distrupted the idea. I'm still quite torn. It would make for a great display though I'm sure!

Does anyone here have any photos of Stantz and Slimer together on display or would anyone be kind enough to take a few?

Well like the Prime 1 Turtles (1990 versions) I own... I'm planning to sculpt a new base at work where they all 4 can be standing on. Maybe based on the rooftop scene... But don't know where the pegs and eyes are pointed on.

I was just looking at a video with Venkman and Slimer. Slimer doesn't look so bad but the cart and plates are enormous! It looks 1/3. It's a shame there isn't another 1/4 scale slimer.

Well like the Prime 1 Turtles (1990 versions) I own... I'm planning to sculpt a new base at work where they all 4 can be standing on. Maybe based on the rooftop scene... But don't know where the pegs and eyes are pointed on.

I was wondering if someone would do this and I was sort of wishing that HCG would make a common base exclusive to Winston to incentivize people to buy the whole crew. I’d love to see it, if you make it.

Well I shall take a look to sculpt one and maybe mold a few more (in an easy size to ship). I need to take a look at some reference first. Holes for the pegs can be drilled later. 😉

Hmm... Maybe they pushed it back... I hope the wait for Winston will be shorter so I can make the custom base for the set.

Sure, I’ll try to do that. I do have the other two and have preordered Winston as well. I never bit on Slimer.

I sold Slimer a while ago, that one doesn't fit with the other two. The Terrordogs from Chronicle does...

Back