1/4 Scale - Raiders of the Lost Ark - Indiana Jones statue by Arnie Kim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be amazing. I’ve never had anything from Iris, so I don’t know about the quality of her work but I’m hopeful it will be what I’ve been wanting for so long.
Luis send her references but be careful not to overwhelm her.
I don’t collect 1/4 but this is phenomenal. I don’t love the sculpt though.
Trust me she actually appreciates the help. I will send her these images as reference so she has an idea. Plus i think material is best over real leather as she stated using a synthetic leather would be best.

Nevermind i got. Had to edit the image but this is what i ment. Sideshow-PF-Indy-Arnie-Kim-Comparison~2.jpg

Stunning piece! If I was feeling the sculpt 100%, I don't think I'd be able to stay away.

I’m tempted.
Is it just this piece or is he making them to order at $5k a pop?

Anyone planning on dropping $5k on this hit me up.. I have the 1/4 scale hand plaited Raiders bullwhip which was made by the Joe Strain (who provided whips for KOTCS) making that piece not only a beautifully crafted museum piece in and of itself.. but would make this statue an even more brilliant piece to own.. PM if interested.

I picked mine up already Mike but would highly recommend it to anyone who is wanting to add that beautiful miniature real bullwhip to their statue too.

For those who haven't seen this miniature work of art from Joe Strain, here it is:

20190205_180746.jpg

Anyone planning on dropping $5k on this hit me up.. I have the 1/4 scale hand plaited Raiders bullwhip which was made by the Joe Strain (who provided whips for KOTCS) making that piece not only a beautifully crafted museum piece in and of itself.. but would make this statue an even more brilliant piece to own.. PM if interested.

Last edited:
I would hope for 5K the statue would come with a real whip. Pretty cheap if it will be sculpted.

PM sent, Mike.

After being lucky to be in daily communication with Arnie during his creation of this statue, I respect his honesty when he stated that he's not skilled at making real whips. When I found out that the whip was going to be sculpted a while ago, I expressed the same disappointment about not having a real whip included for the price (but I didn't call it cheap). However, I quickly came to the realisation that it is the decision of the artist not to do something that he has no skills for so he chose to rely on his sculpting ability to try and recreate a decent whip for display purposes. Personally, I don't think his sculpted whip is as well done or accurate as what Trevor Grove sculpted for the Sideshow PF. However, everything else on the statue is so beautifully realised, that I didn't feel it was a hardship to pick up a real whip directly from Joe Strain to put the finishing touches to what will surely be the most perfect Indy statue from Raiders ever likely to be offered.

I would hope for 5K the statue would come with a real whip. Pretty cheap if it will be sculpted.

Back