QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjin, is there any hope for the First Contact uniforms for the Next Gen crew? After the TOS (which I will get them all), Red movie uniforms(get all of those too), the First Contact uniforms would next for me. I would even take just a uniform to redress my Picard.
All Starfleet uniforms will be done through one series or another.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I think it would be cool to at least get a Tasha Yar in the S1 uniform... although personally if I were to get one Tasha figure, it would be her in that great Yesterday's Enterprise outfit.

hhjjffs.JPG

Nanjin, I love reading about your plan to have people specializing in Starfleet-uniformed characters... Still, I hope Seven-Of-Nine (in her non-fleet catsuit!) slips into your plan sooner rather than later!
Not to mention other non-starfleet main characters (but I can wait a while for them).

That sounds fantastic. Each iteration has its unique appeal as well as being completely Trek. Would this also include the Seasons 1 and 2 TNG uniforms (clean-shaven younger Riker, Tasha Yar, Geordi and Worf in red wine command, etc.? Also, perhaps TMP standard duty uniforms (including the Kirk and Sulu short sleeve variant tunics)? You said you were doing an Admiral Kirk grey-green/white TMP uniform to coincide with TMP 40th anniversary. This is a fantastic way to honor TMP -- an underrated movie in the movie series. I consider it to be the most faithful to TOS.
The battleground is way too large and scattered. There are business objectives involve that I need to balance with.

Great news! I am trying to help someone who missed out on the first ones and this is great. It means I just need to help them get McCoy.

Nanjin, do you know if QMX is getting more McCoy’s in stock? Their site let me enter my email address to be notified but I am not sure if that means more are coming. I would prefer to buy it directly from them to help the line move instead of going to eBay.

FYI bigbadtoystore and Sideshowtoys both still have McCoy in stock. If QMX is out of stock, maybe you can still help support the line by buying from a major e-tailer? Maybe that will show trackable demand and will encourage those retailers to place bigger orders from QMX manufacturing? Just a thought.

This is where I'd really need you to explain us a little bit what kind of relationship you have with QMx, Nanjin.
Always as far as trade secrets allow, that is. I thought you were an artist doing protos for QMx, but all of a sudden it would seem that you actually are the boss of some contract manufacturing facility...!

Either way, we are just so lucky to have you here, chatting with us, not only because of these lovely figs you make, but also because the insight we gain into the industry's inner workings! :)

LUK!
Thanks,
m.

I believe they finally understand how 1/6 supposed to work.

Khan supposed to be a test of my theories, but was never followed through because I think most people think I am naive. I did it again with Scotty and proved that's how it supposed to work. Sulu will follow to reinforce this understanding. There will be some glitches, so please bare with me.

As long as there are realistic accomplishable clearly stated objectives that are measurable and adjustable then I believe is workable.

Because I came from teams that I created myself so I was having trouble to fit into their company culture. We have strong “us” and very little “I” attitude, talking to my subordinates have little differences then talking to me because we all know the same thing. Then there is this huge Culture differences between QMx HQ and the locals.

1/6 production is not buying a Double Cheese burger at McDonald's where you order and just pick up. we are buying hamburgers from 5 stars Michelin restaurants. We need a reservation in order to be served, and we have to dress nice.

So far, seems like things will work out. There are huge mess in production side (long term relationship not production qualities) that I need to clean up when I return to HK/China next week.

Sulu is around the corner. Uhura is about to be ready.

What's after TOS will be ICONIC. I can bet 1000 against your 100 that you will love what's coming [emoji4]

This is where I'd really need you to explain us a little bit what kind of relationship you have with QMx, Nanjin.
Always as far as trade secrets allow, that is. I thought you were an artist doing protos for QMx, but all of a sudden it would seem that you actually are the boss of some contract manufacturing facility...!

Either way, we are just so lucky to have you here, chatting with us, not only because of these lovely figs you make, but also because the insight we gain into the industry's inner workings! :)

LUK!
Thanks,
m.
First, I am not an artist. I only ORCHESTRATED the projects. Just like what I have been doing since 2009.

QMx holds the license, i proto and produce the figures in China, and QMx market them.

Because of the networking I established, I have the support in producing other figures like Dean, Wesley, Nun, etc. I responsible for these too but these are work, Trek are Fun.

Last edited:
FYI bigbadtoystore and Sideshowtoys both still have McCoy in stock. If QMX is out of stock, maybe you can still help support the line by buying from a major e-tailer? Maybe that will show trackable demand and will encourage those retailers to place bigger orders from QMX manufacturing? Just a thought.

Thanks. I will start there. I figured the best place for the good of the line would be QMX first and then official retailers with resellers and eBay at the bottom of the list.

First, I am not an artist. I only ORCHESTRATED the projects. Just like what I have been doing since 2009.

QMx holds the license, i proto and produce the figures in China, and QMx market them.

Because of the networking I established, I have the support in producing other figures like Dean, Wesley, Nun, etc. I responsible for these too but these are work, Trek are Fun.

It would be really interesting to learn more about how you were able to develop this relationship with QMX it is as Spock would say....fascinating. I always imagined that QMX bought the Star Trek license and you were already working with them and then it simply worked out that you happened to be a huge passionate Trek fan who could use this love to make their line successful. It sounds like things may be the other way around and they paid for the license but you essentially use them as a distributor for your vision. Kind of like an independent filmmaker who convinces a studio to buy the rights to his favorite book and then gets them to pay for him to write and direct a movie that he wants to make based upon the book?

It would be really interesting to learn more about how you were able to develop this relationship with QMX it is as Spock would say....fascinating. I always imagined that QMX bought the Star Trek license and you were already working with them and then it simply worked out that you happened to be a huge passionate Trek fan who could use this love to make their line successful. It sounds like things may be the other way around and they paid for the license but you essentially use them as a distributor for your vision. Kind of like an independent filmmaker who convinces a studio to buy the rights to his favorite book and then gets them to pay for him to write and direct a movie that he wants to make based upon the book?
I was hired in 2016, I predicted I would be working for QMx in 2014 and I didn't apply for a job. I was hired after a few hours of discussion.

I worked for the gambling business, and was kind of good in my skill (sports handicapping). My job required me to lay down ground work to manipulate customers decision making indirectly. The world is about Either this or That (winning or losing, yes or no, benefit vs risk), and the predictable human natural behavior.

I want to make all Trek figures, they want to get into 1/6 and have trek license. So a natural match with different intentions.

315e931655f828064c22543a589e743b.jpg

Last edited:
Will there be a reissue of Spock/Kirk? I'd pick up the other releases that are at bbts if so.

There surely will be a new Kirk and Spock.

You have given us more information in 1 day than all of the other 1/6 producers combined have given us in the past 12 months so thank you for that...I hate to ask for more...but I got Spock (my favorite) and missed out on Kirk...I keep contemplating allowing myself to be put through the ringer and paying scalper prices for Kirk so this definitely helps...I will spend that money on Scotty, Sulu, AND Uhura instead...would you guess that we may see a new Kirk by mid year or closer to the end...? Just trying to stay strong and resist the temptation to pay a ridiculous price.

Sounds like QMX is just the distributor /license holder of the figures? Who is financing the actual production?

You have given us more information in 1 day than all of the other 1/6 producers combined have given us in the past 12 months so thank you for that...I hate to ask for more...but I got Spock (my favorite) and missed out on Kirk...I keep contemplating allowing myself to be put through the ringer and paying scalper prices for Kirk so this definitely helps...I will spend that money on Scotty, Sulu, AND Uhura instead...would you guess that we may see a new Kirk by mid year or closer to the end...? Just trying to stay strong and resist the temptation to pay a ridiculous price.
I am a big mouth leaker. I will say you shouldnt be disappointed.

Back