Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of maybe getting two of Ellie, but I still can't muster up any interest in getting a Joel.

I'm thinking of maybe getting two of Ellie, but I still can't muster up any interest in getting a Joel.

Why not? Just wondering btw, I personally couldn't have Just one without the other, they're such an iconic duo.

Why not? Just wondering btw, I personally couldn't have Just one without the other, they're such an iconic duo.

I've never played the game, but I was intrigued enough by the world and game play, because of the post-apocalyptic setting, to download a very cinematic complete play-through which made for a very good movie. Also got one for Left Behind.

Ellie makes for an interesting and more unique figure, adding more variety to my collection of survivors. That's why the age or height of Redman's Ellie wasn't a concern.

Joel, on the other hand, is just another generic adult male, and I don't really like either of the sculpts he has.

I've never played the game, but I was intrigued enough by the world and game play, because of the post-apocalyptic setting, to download a very cinematic complete play-through which made for a very good movie. Also got one for Left Behind.

Ellie makes for an interesting and more unique figure, adding more variety to my collection of survivors. That's why the age or height of Redman's Ellie wasn't a concern.

Joel, on the other hand, is just another generic adult male, and I don't really like either of the sculpts he has.

Ok, I can see why you wouldn't want a Joel then, imo you create a much deeper bond with the characters when you play as them so I can see why you wouldn't be so attached to him, I personally like that he looks generic and not some over the top badass, I also want more stuff in my gaming area, which is lacking at the moment. How is the apocalypse group comming along btw? Got any dioramas? I'm thinking of bulding a custom base for Joel and Ellie when she is released.

I think Joel is far from a "generic adult male" watching a movie and actually playing as the character through the journey they take are fairly different and you do indeed form a bond when playing the game. Thats my opinion on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I think Joel is far from a "generic adult male" watching a movie and actually playing as the character through the journey they take are fairly different and you do indeed form a bond when playing the game. Thats my opinion on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Completely agree, which is why I always thought games were above most of Hollywood and movies in general, watching and actually playing something are two completely diferente expiriences, for exemple, RDR and RDR2 are my favourite stories in any medium, but they wouldn't have been as impactful if they were just movies, to this day I find myself turning off the ps3 once in a while and riding around New Austin, meanwhile I haven't rewatched some of my favourite movies in years, games are just something else.

I wonder how this will be sold. Will there be a set with Ellie and Joel's winter clothes as a bonus? I already have Joel so it would be cool to have an option just to get his extra accessories.

I was referring to the figure as generic looking, rather than the character.

I understand playing a game brings you a lot closer to the characters. When I was first playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas I was so immersed in that world and the people you meet that there were things I wouldn't allow my character to do on moral grounds, even if it made progress more difficult.

There are lots of 1/6 figures of adult males, and Joel would've been 'just another figure'. An unremarkable guy in jeans and shirt. Though he does look more interesting with the jacket and flamethrower.

071922aapmv6fvaypybvyd.jpg

I wonder how this will be sold. Will there be a set with Ellie and Joel's winter clothes as a bonus? I already have Joel so it would be cool to have an option just to get his extra accessories.

Well there is a 2-pack comming as well, you get the Joel they already released and the Ellie set, but it'll probably cost a lot, you can also just buy the sets seperately, the winter joel set comes with the clothes and acessories minus the figure.

I wonder how much this 2-pack will cost, it would be cool to have both the winter and summer versions of the figures.

Wait we've to source our own body? That's crap.

Apparently so, I'm kinda warming up to the 2 pack, but assuming I'll have to pay from somewhere inbetween 300 to 400 something bucks for it, I really don't wanna throw away another 60 or 70 plus shipping for a body.

I wonder if we can use Asmus' teen body for Ellie. I have some spare lying around.

IMG_5615.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if we can use Asmus' teen body for Ellie. I have some spare lying around.

The asmus body is smaller than the one they built the figure around tho…

EDIT: The user (@jihoon_son) on instagram has a short unboxing video of the redman Ellie and pics of her next to cctoys Joel, I was on the fence wether I should get her or not, but those pics made me make up my mind: HARD PASS.

Interesting to see the price if we also have to factor in a body.

Otherwise, looks good. I did notice that it looks like we won't be getting an accurate Beretta Model 70 pistol for her, though, but instead a bog standard model 92. Must be them trying to keep costs down, as after exhaustive searches in the past I don't think the model 70 exists in 1/6 scale.

Price for the head sculpt and clothes for Ellie better be good if I have to drop 70 on a body for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, especially on the 2 pack, I hope they don't charge the price of 2 full figures when one doesn't have a body, Joel goes for something close to 200 bucks, so if I have to pay something like 390 or 400 for the 2 pack PLUS 70 for a body I'll be extremely pissed.

Well there is a 2-pack comming as well, you get the Joel they already released and the Ellie set, but it'll probably cost a lot, you can also just buy the sets seperately, the winter joel set comes with the clothes and acessories minus the figure.

I wonder how much this 2-pack will cost, it would be cool to have both the winter and summer versions of the figures.

so this elli is the full grown version since it recommends phicen body?

so the 2 pack includes the previous version of Joel plus the winter versions?

wow what a way to burn their 1st release supporters.

looking at how they price their packages, i doubt buying the winter pack alone is worth it, may be cheaper but if you combine Elli + Joel Winter Pack i'm guessing you're already paying something close to the double pack, while missing out many items.

also even with an additional body, you are still missing tons of item to make another Winter Joel since it doesn't come with the pants, shoes, weapons & accessories. And i know Summer Joel is more popular, so most folks would end up buying the dual pack (or forced to).

you get his additional accessories but won't be enough to make another winter joel. so you can choose between summer & winter but not both. however you can get a mannequin and dress up the extra outfit.

but if you buy the dual pack, you end up with x2 head sculpts surplus counting your existing one. so it's a bummer for 1st release buyers.

Back