1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4088f248e4bb22892d56bcb927d9ac8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need the Yunsil set for that Raiders Indy.

Yep, that's a fun Raiders shelf, Faststreets! All the looks....

You just need: zipped-up jacket for Nepal, German disguise Indy, Prof. Jones outfit, steps of Washington outfit, packing robe, travelling suit, and then you've got them all! :D

Actually I'm kinda surprised no one's ever done a custom run for a better German Disguise outfit. It's such a cool alternate look that I'd love to have, but the existing Sideshow outfit is clearly pretty outdated by now. Unless there are already better 1/6 German uniforms out there in that style...

Actually I'm kinda surprised no one's ever done a custom run for a better German Disguise outfit. It's such a cool alternate look that I'd love to have, but the existing Sideshow outfit is clearly pretty outdated by now. Unless there are already better 1/6 German uniforms out there in that style...
i used for the German disguise a militar figure Afrika Korps outfit but a custom project would be cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNK5GsfBAuJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=jmjigxxerttm

872c70976a6ba93460a89f87544ea75d.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

That is brilliant, Kam Veitch. I just checked out some of your collection via Instagram. Superb.

For my German disguise Indy I did the following:

I switched the body on my Sideshow one to my ZC Toys muscular body that I use for all my Indy figures.

The jacket I got online which is a lot greener than the standard Sideshow version.

For the head I used one of my spare Indy heads that I cut right down so the Sideshow cap would fit on snugly.

Attachments

• 20190209_120820-1.jpg
    20190209_120820-1.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 20190209_120827.jpg
    20190209_120827.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 20190209_120841.jpg
    20190209_120841.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 199
That is brilliant, Kam Veitch. I just checked out some of your collection via Instagram. Superb.

For my German disguise Indy I did the following:

I switched the body on my Sideshow one to my ZC Toys muscular body that I use for all my Indy figures.

The jacket I got online which is a lot greener than the standard Sideshow version.

For the head I used one of my spare Indy heads that I cut right down so the Sideshow cap would fit on snugly.
thanks mate. . that head with the sideshow cap on looks cool. nicely done. strange there are no more custom german disguise indys

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

Thanks. I think it is probably because it is such a niche figure and most people always want the standard Indy. I have quite a few heads so I could spare one to make this custom up.

The military gear is literally the easiest gear to acquire. It’s all been done in excellent quality and detail by companies like DiD and Dragon. Just look for Afrika corps for the jacket. His pants are fine as is his harness. You can switch to real leather pouches if you’d like. Same with the boots. His hat is a little more difficult; I have never found a 1/6 hat with the correct markings.

Ehhhh I don't think that wil work. Though I could be wrong. I actually just picked up a loose temple of doom satchel in order to replace the strap.

Ehhhh I don't think that wil work. Though I could be wrong. I actually just picked up a loose temple of doom satchel in order to replace the strap.

Damn. I thought maybe I could "treat" it like I would my Clarks Desert Boots.

They don't carry the leather ones at my store, have to order online... but then finding the right color becomes a whole mess. I always like to see the color in-hand.

Went ahead and bought a TOD head at toyanxiety to give it a shot, and to see if a repaint might improve it. Since I'm not really feeling satisfied with my Jnix sculpt and there aren't a lot of other options out there right now.

I'm really hoping someone else will try a custom Indy sculpt soon. I know everyone seems pretty happy with the Inigo V2 right now, but even that one still looks a bit off to me.

Went ahead and bought a TOD head at toyanxiety to give it a shot, and to see if a repaint might improve it. Since I'm not really feeling satisfied with my Jnix sculpt and there aren't a lot of other options out there right now.

I'm really hoping someone else will try a custom Indy sculpt soon. I know everyone seems pretty happy with the Inigo V2 right now, but even that one still looks a bit off to me.
In my opinion it's the best (by far) mass produced Indy sculpt out there. A repaint definitely takes it up a few notches. People say it's too small, but I don't see it. Screenshot_20190214-214508_Instagram.jpegScreenshot_20190214-214631_Instagram.jpegScreenshot_20190214-215007_Instagram.jpegScreenshot_20190214-215028_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree, best mass produced sculpt. Repainted bring its to another level again.

1a91f4ee0731df4a256c2ec0fc77699a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. I thought maybe I could "treat" it like I would my Clarks Desert Boots.

They don't carry the leather ones at my store, have to order online... but then finding the right color becomes a whole mess. I always like to see the color in-hand.

I'll take care of ya, chief. What shade are you looking for: to match the HT strap or something darker?

Though I've never had that SS Temple head in-hand, those repaints really make it shine. It's got that "Ford glare".

All right, if anyone is looking for replacement REAL leather for their 1/6 satchel strap, let me know. I just picked up a fresh roll of it.

GEDC1667.JPG

Back