Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking at your picture comparison ,it looks to me like the "shell" part on the hot toys figure is cast seperate from the belt with the intention of glueing it to the belt during factory assembly ,and has for the purpose of the proto pictures been pushed under the belt too high , causing the sculpted curvature of the shell parts to not follow the contours of the thigh ,in turn making the hips look odd and too wide ,hopefully when they where they are supposed or intended to be located, where they should lay flatter and hug the thigh

yeah i got all that from looking at a picture :dunno im a regular sherlock holmes me :lol

well pure suposicion on my part ,but we can only hope :lol

I'm holding off on ordering an Aquaman figure (JL vs AQ) until I see in hand pics of the Aquaman movie figure.
If HT fixes the hips, the classic suit is the one I want, if not JL will be mine.
They messed up the release timing big time and are competing with themselves.
okxu9w6.jpg

Changing the hair while using the same sculpt would make a huge difference in differentiating this from the JL figure. That would be a easy change. The rest I am sure will be improved.

I was thinking of just using the red marker on the blonde hair head sculpt I have. Is there a specific red marker you would recommend? After colouring, the red won't stain the suit/body?

hi not sure what she was called ,but this is her

ORDER DATE
06 Oct, 2018
ORDER TOTAL
£15.99
Order DSTOYS D-005 1/6 Female Women Red Long Hair Head Girl F 12'' Action Figure BodyView similar items
View seller's other items
More actions
1 item sold by sc_store999
DSTOYS D-005 1/6 Female Women Red Long Hair Head Girl F 12'' Action Figure Body
DSTOYS D-005 1/6 Female Women Red Long Hair Head Girl F 12'' Action Figure Body
( 282874230377 )
Add note
ITEM PRICE:
£15.99

and yes her hair is a rusty red ,but i used a red permanent marker to recolour it more vivid red

hope this helps :)

I honestly don't mind this figure. I think it looks quite good. I will probably preorder it a bit closer to release. However I'm very upset that Mera has not been announced yet. I feel like she'll be an instant buy for most collectors. IMO she was the breakout/best character of that movie and you could argue the movie is about her just as much as it is about Aquaman. I hope Hot Toys comes through and gives us a Mera.

Yeah i'm amazed that Hot Toys haven't announced a Mera yet either. It's probably due to the fact that nobody could've anticipated that the movie would've been as successful as it has been, and from the previous DCEU movies Hot Toys probably wasn't expecting much. Shame though. I mean I guess I liked her character enough to go out of my way to make a custom, and I usually am very picky about only buying stuff made durectly by Hot Toys. Hopefully they end up announcing a Mera or maybe even a Black Manta somewhere down the line.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does anybody know if this guy actually sells his headsculpts or are they just for him? Keep searching around but can't seem to find a definitive answer

https://www.nutpizs.com

Don't try to check out on the site. The functionality is disabled. PM him on FB or Insta for terms and an invoice if you want to purchase.

I've had some correspondence with him, and put an order in for the DRY VERSION of the AM sculpt, but I really don't know much about his operation. I believe he's pretty new on the custom scene...

His hair down Hella is stunning, IMHO

3DDE526C-57B8-468C-8E79-6FB3E993E500.jpeg

Last edited:

Don't try to check out on the site. The functionality is disabled. PM him on FB or Insta for terms and an invoice if you want to purchase.

I've had some correspondence with him, and put an order in for the DRY VERSION of the AM sculpt, but I really don't know much about his operation. I believe he's pretty new on the custom scene...

View attachment 440468

It is fantastic work and I do appreciate the skill and effort, but $300 for a head sculpt is a little steep for my wallet.

$300!?!?! No way that's what he's charging for those! I mean they look great but that's not worth it at all! I could get a brand new Hot Toys figure for less than that

No argument there. I’m only willing to shell out that kind of cash for an extremely short list of projects. That said, I keep going back to his site to ogle and scratch my head...

View attachment 440468

That actually looks scary and not in a good way. So messy. It would take a ton of work to make that hair not look like garbage.

Actually it looks pretty close to me and almost slightly too clean and not ruffled enough.
df6edd326a9a757c098a8c4306ebb276.jpg

792e0c2b6c23f6b02b49da4354e6e4a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

300 is a lot, but you are also paying for a custom product, materials used, and time of the sculptor.

While I won’t buy for those prices, I won’t argue it.

So like I know this question would have been answered already somewhere in the thread but anyway what additional figures do you realistically see them making from this film if any?

Black Manta's costume looked exceptional on screen. I could imagine that being a decent seller just for how good it would look on any DC fan's shelf. Also I was rather mesmerized by Amber Heard as Mera but whether she'd sell enough to justify making a figure, I don't know.

So like I know this question would have been answered already somewhere in the thread but anyway what additional figures do you realistically see them making from this film if any?

Black Manta's costume looked exceptional on screen. I could imagine that being a decent seller just for how good it would look on any DC fan's shelf. Also I was rather mesmerized by Amber Heard as Mera but whether she'd sell enough to justify making a figure, I don't know.
I think if they were to make anymore at all it would most likely be Mera due to her having such a prominent role in the movie

Black Manta would make a excellent figure. That interest me more than Mera.

$300 is reasonable for something of that quality IMO

Manta is more likely to be released, Amber heard will never sign off on an action figure

Back