1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that is correct, the cape goes under the cowl.

Well at least that’s how I got mine to work from jaxon’s pic below, it didn’t come with instructions lol.

9509628cda51319340db53c76229f139.jpg

I’ll take a pic of the cape itself when I get back into the office on Monday

Where did you get the stand from? It looks nice and Gothic, very fitting for the dark Knight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a sideshow premium format base. The cape looks nice here but there's another one where you can see a slight gap between the cowl and the cape which kinda ruins it for me.

The cape does cover the front and side edges of the cowl.

Yes exactly. It looks weird if we have to attach Jaxon's cape by use the cowl to keep it in place.

I've seen his mod where he inserted Eva plates to raise the traps so his cape could cover part of the cowl.

IMG_5567.jpg
IMG_5568.jpg

Yes exactly. It looks weird if we have to attach Jaxon's cape by use the cowl to keep it in place.

I've seen his mod where he inserted Eva plates to raise the traps so his cape could cover part of the cowl.

View attachment 438972
View attachment 438973

What are Eva plates and where do I find them? I wonder if he had to permanently damage the trap area to insert them or if there was somewhat of an open space there in the first place. Anyone have any idea??

Never heard the phrase 'Eva plates' before. A lot of people have used this technique on the forum though of simply getting anything - I used a bit of foam - and sliding into the shoulder area. It won't damage the suit as the movement is minimal.

There is an old thread by Maglor which details a lot of the modification techniques used over the years by fellow collectors. I will try and find it. Most 1/6 techniques can be used on 1/4.

Edit - here it is. It is actually about the Dark Knight suit but there are useful techniques in there none the less:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ication-customization-dx12-batman-figure.html

This is awesome, I friggin' dig this figure. It feels so beastly, menacing. The design is fantastic, it looks like a nice amalgamation of a comic and real world Batman. I absolutely love Batman Begins and this is a stupendous representation of it. The suit on the figure feels good to the touch (it feels as though it is amply durable), I like how it has sculpted in wrinkles behind the knees/legs. The cape is okay, however after experiencing custom capes, I'm inclined to pick one up later on for him. The stand doesn't bother me, however I agree with those that mention it doesn't feel up to par with the figure and HT should've done a diorama type base; I just wish the flying bats are removable, then the stand would look better.

pE7jZme.jpg

1BwUtiY.jpg

b4MokBH.jpg

AbY9qxc.jpg

EIR2g8P.jpg

LxmDA7c.jpg

5uE00vH.jpg

RuZScWT.jpg

ohfTxzZ.jpg

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up"

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."

"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne, as a man I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored, I can be destroyed, but as a symbol, I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting."

"One day you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed, so you’d be spared your pain."

"Is Gordon your only friend?"
"I don't have the luxury of friends."

"I never knew, I don't know. I swear to god - "
"SWEAR TO ME!"

"I never said thank you."
"And you'll never have to."

I want to meet Christopher Nolan someday and personally thank him for Batman Begins.

"Where were the other drugs going?!"

UqbmjaY.jpg

I was curious how it would look like on the TDKR's base, looks pretty cool.

VFph5Pn.jpg

Both head sculpts look spectacular to me:

j4M0St5.jpg

BuBYXDD.jpg

Comparison of all the mouth plates, I prefer the TDKR's:

KVZpiik.jpg

While I think the glove design is fitting for the BB suit, I find it a bit too simplified for my taste, as I like the look of TDKR's:

5dzIuHy.jpg

TWhiwQ9.jpg

I wanted to use the QS001's accessories with this one too, the Scarecrow mask is fitting:

dy9Obwt.jpg

G1SIKna.jpg

How cool would it be to watch The Joker in the Batman Begins setting

MLdSK9r.jpg

I almost wanted to see this suit used in the later film, as someone mentioned the final fight between Bane and Batman, Batman suits up in his first armor.

ZmwsmRG.jpg

Moooarr weapons!

1zBMP0j.jpg

So friggin' cool to have the bat sonar/communicator under the boots!

UCsQiqI.jpg

I personally would've wanted an empty cowl included, but alas. I removed the mouth plate and edited my photos to see what an empty suit would look like. Looks killer to me.

GGL5lvK.jpg

x1jkkjo.jpg

Hcc8iHO.jpg

ld5fpG4.jpg

Hi, is it normal it´s so hard to get the Bruce Wayne head on the body? I mean even with high pressure the head will not snap into the body peg. :(

Yeah it was pretty hard but try heating the head and the peg with a hairdryer before

Back