Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roberto, how do you find the quality difference between the bust and your legendary scale IM's? Because I'm considering getting the MKVII LSF but was wondering if for that extra money the finish/materials feel more metallic, or well, just generally more expensive?

Message the Ebay seller to contact SS on your behalf. QC has been improving of late it seems but issue like that are unforgivable, I'm sure SS will be as pissed with the factory/QC officer as you are.
If it's sold as used or the 28 days have passed SS probably won't do anything.
You can still say you're not happy with the items condition, via eBay, as the seller is responsible for your purchase.

Yeah I would, it sucks. I found a picture of my first scar bio... look familiar? Oner of several amongs the brush strokes etc... errrgh.

Roberto, how do you find the quality difference between the bust and your legendary scale IM's? Because I'm considering getting the MKVII LSF but was wondering if for that extra money the finish/materials feel more metallic, or well, just generally more expensive?

Hey Bud, well my MKIII LSF is painted superbly...haven't got a complaint about it. It isn't too glossy (which some have said is far more noticeable on the MKVIILSF) but that could just be to do with the lighting. Comparing the paint apps on the LSF vs the busts, do you mean my lifesize busts or the half scale busts? If its the lifesize bust (notably the MKIII) then although the paint apps are fine with mine, there has been an untold list of complaints from other owners such flaking paint on the bust itself and on the actual base, there have been reports of parts of the bust having areas around the neck which have been left unpainted but worse of all are those who received their busts with dents and scratches on the faceplate which is the only part of the bust where you cant help but see it :( I've got the MKVII lifesize bust coming next month and the dents and scratches are what frightens me the most.

If its the half scale busts, well the paint apps are pretty solid on mine and so are most of the ones I've seen on here...however, the battle damage application leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion...in my experience Sideshow seem to always find it difficult to replicate realistic battle damage but thankfully, the MKVII LSF will be clean so need to worry about that.

I still don't feel that Sideshow have got the perfect finish in regards to achieving the correct metallic effect on the faceplate whether it be on the busts or the statues but then again, i've not seen it done better anywhere else so it is what it is :dunno the MKIII LSF is still one of my favourite Sideshow pieces in my collection and I'm hoping to be saying the same thing once the MKVII finally arrives :)

uzamygub.jpg

All in all, i think the MKVII LSF is going to be one of the most eagerly awaited pieces of this year so I'd definitely consider it. However, if your still concerned about the quality of the finish, etc...the best option would be to wait for inhand pics and then make your decision based on the reviews...after all, I cant see it selling out anytime soon. After Sideshows QC sloppiness on certain products, notably Iron Man stuff, it seems that a lot more people are waiting for inhand evidence before ordering

So i contacted the ss customer service, let's see what happens next.
My point of view is, that it should make no difference where I bought the bust. I bought an original, limited ss piece, ss get the money and the bust is still in stock, so they can send a replacement.

so, anyone here received this bust with a fractured left arm? mine's fractured when i received it, but it was a clean break and some chips so i glued them back.

image.jpeg

Shipping for this huge box costs alot, plus i got it from local distributor, i had to bear the shipping for both ways if i want the replacement. So i decided to repair it myself and save the shipping costs for other preorder deposit.

Guess im the only "lucky" one who got this piece with an fractured arm out of 3000 pieces out there. :(

Back