Statue Weta Orthanc Black Tower of Isengard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isildur's bane

Super Freak
Reaction score
Orders begin July 31 :rock Great for anyone that missed out on the SSW version

Making Of Article:

https://www.wetanz.com/the-making-of-orthanc-part-i

284392_10150239880852303_78709352302_7722500_7911632_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Weta Orthanc Pre-Ruin Environment

I might have to get this--Sideshow cancelled my order for the original while I was in the mountains camping and unable to check my e-mail for a week. Imagine my surprise and delight when it went on to be worth a grand!

Last edited:

I might have to get this--Sideshow cancelled my order for the original while I was in the mountains camping and unable to check my e-mail for a week. Imagine my surprise and delight when it went on to be worth a grand!

This new edition might kill the value of the orginal.

This new edition might kill the value of the orginal.

That is a very safe bet indeed. Well done Weta, I like the pop of the greenery on the base with the starkness of the tower. They went bigger as well so what's the benefit of the original?

Given a choice between the two, I think I prefer the new one. I like the larger size/height, and the nice contrast between the black tower and the green trees. If the price is within reason, I will order this. For me, the Orthanc environment has always been "the one that got away." I'd love to finally have this in my collection.

The original will always be the original so I don't think in the long run this will hurt it as a collectible.
I hear this is an open edition as with Rivendell so no rush to get this for me but it's a definite want :yess:

Again the fans asked and WETA provided. Grond must surely follow and it won't be small :horror

The trees still look blocky. And . . .I was hoping they got a piece of the outer wall ring like how they portrayed Helms Deep where they got every inch of it. All this boils down to is the original Orthanc but the pre-ruin version, and at a larger scale.

Looks amazing!!! Now to figure out where to put it. This Comic Con is killing my wallet. :thud:

Wow! Another great environment by Weta. I owned several of the original Orthanc's at one time, but eventually sold them all off...it was just too small for my liking. Kudos to Weta for making this one much larger. :clap And I agree, had this one been the same size as the original, I think the value of the original would have gone even higher, but as it stands I can see it's value dropping like a rock.

If you fell on it, would you die?

If you fell on it, would you die?

A relevant question. :lecture Whereas falling on the original might have resulted in a flesh wound, fall on this one....and it's game over. :lol

Looks Great! I don't regret missing out on the original any more. I agree that there is no way the original's value will not plummet. This new version blows the original out of the water IMO. It's definitely a great time to be a LOTR collector!

Back