Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metal claws. Effing epic. Your the genius that did the original PF cap mod to fully sculpted aren't you? I remember you posting the pic I think. It was truly amazing work. I can't wait to see how it comes out. I have this LSF and Im not too fond of his PJs

gasp.jpg~original

WolverineTeaser.jpg~original

WOW! :horror this looks interesting...looking forward to the update! Wish I had metal claws on my LSF :( was it difficult to do? And you've customised the base to a snowy Canadian mountain rock diorama!!! :rock

Metal claws. Effing epic. Your the genius that did the original PF cap mod to fully sculpted aren't you? I remember you posting the pic I think. It was truly amazing work. I can't wait to see how it comes out. I have this LSF and Im not too fond of his PJs

You're F'd James. How can you look at your LSF the same way again. Metal claws and fully sculpted greatness! You KNOW you want to....

@ Roberto: The claws can be difficult. You need a dremel and the right bits, and then you have to be careful because the hands are hollow, which means you might have to back-fill the cavities.

You're F'd James. How can you look at your LSF the same way again. Metal claws and fully sculpted greatness! You KNOW you want to....

Dude... it's already started. If the pricing is reasonable enough to swallow, my wolverine LSF is getting transformed. Holy mother of god this is the best mod I have ever seen and that's not being said lightly. Unreal is about all I can muster up right now :thud:

Dude... it's already started. If the pricing is reasonable enough to swallow, my wolverine LSF is getting transformed. Holy mother of god this is the best mod I have ever seen and that's not being said lightly. Unreal is about all I can muster up right now :thud:

You have nothing to explain to me James. Lame ass PJs are gone and fully sculpted magnificence is on display with Steve's customization. Are you sticking with the yellow costume or going with the brown one if you decide to do this? For the record...I did say you were F'd! :lol

You have nothing to explain to me James. Lame ass PJs are gone and fully sculpted magnificence is on display with Steve's customization. Are you sticking with the yellow costume or going with the brown one if you decide to do this? For the record...I did say you were F'd! :lol

Yes you did and you were spot on my friend. Brown aND yellow all the way. There is not a single thing I would change about this statue the way it has been done. Perfection is a loosely used word in our hobby but is this Wolverine is definitely deserving of that word

James, take a deep breath :lol
It is a bit :eek :thud:

Yes a work of art like this is not cheap. I've got most of the details. There's a little bit more research that would have to go into this project but I'm certainly going to try and make this work. Filip was spot on with his statement about never being able to look at my LSF quite the same. It pales in comparison to this mod

Yes you did and you were spot on my friend. Brown aND yellow all the way. There is not a single thing I would change about this statue the way it has been done. Perfection is a loosely used word in our hobby but is this Wolverine is definitely deserving of that word

I think that's a wise choice. I like the yellow costume but SSC has done it to death. I'd go with brown myself if I was going to do the conversion. And yes James, I agree...this is what perfection looks like.

I destroyed it and got my money back. Yesterday got an email from the dutch retailer with cooperation of Sideshow and they made me an offer. I can get a new Wolverine LSF with a discount of 250 dollar, funny fact is, it will be a total new run/batch Wolverine LSF, scheduled June 2014. They admit this batch was not good, so new run in new factory. Good luck with your pre-orders, i hope for some people it will come in the way it should be. But to be honest, some people have an orgasm on this statue while its not good, even Sideshow admit it, otherwise no rerun. And because collectors are happy with crappy statues, companies like Sideshow keep on delivering crappy statues. Can u blame them??

At this very moment I canceled al my outstanding orders. :nana:

Is anyone getting this directly from SS anytime soon? I am very curious to find out if they did end up making a new run at a different factory as Gouryella wrote about. Would like to see if there are any major/noticeable differences from the 1st run. I've been wanting this piece for some time and am seriously considering ordering this piece soon. I've been checking the SS website every few weeks for the last few months and Wolvie has always been listed as pre-order up until recently. The order page now shows in-stock and now shipping. Could this be the new run from a different factory that has arrived?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-wolverine-sideshow-collectibles-400085/

Last edited:
Is anyone getting this directly from SS anytime soon? I am very curious to find out if they did end up making a new run at a different factory as Gouryella wrote about. Would like to see if there are any major/noticeable differences from the 1st run. I've been wanting this piece for some time and am seriously considering ordering this piece soon. I've been checking the SS website every few weeks for the last few months and Wolvie has always been listed as pre-order up until recently. The order page now shows in-stock and now shipping. Could this be the new run from a different factory that has arrived?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-wolverine-sideshow-collectibles-400085/

Well, I just ordered this piece. Double reward points this weekend made it a good deal. Will get $200 in reward points for the purchase. I guess I'll be able to answer my previous question in a few months. :lol If anybody does get this piece from SS in the next few days or weeks please post pics. Would be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
That sucks but it is SS policy that makes the Authorised Dealer responsable for resolving any issues.
Weren't you able to check the statue over before purchase?

Definitely one of the worst ones received. Thanks for the warning.

That sucks but it is SS policy that makes the Authorised Dealer responsable for resolving any issues.
Weren't you able to check the statue over before purchase?

This is exactly why I ordered this piece through SS. Buying directly from SS is a warranty in a way. If I'm not satisfied with the piece that I receive I can return or exchange it directly through SS. I live in Southern California and have to pay taxes on top of S&H to buy this directly from SS. $150 in taxes alone, but I am willing to do it for the peace of mind that I can either get a replacement or a refund if the piece that I receive is damaged or heavily flawed.

I've been following this thread along with the one on SF and am aware of the issues people have had with this piece. Not all pieces received have had issues though. The few rotten apples have not ruined the barrel IMO.

Last edited:
that's supposed to be a pro to buying something locally, he should've inspected it before taking it home. Especially since the store hadn't even opened and inspected it themselves. Big mistake on his part.

Back