Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only started to get sick of their weird body proportions. I think it's gotten worse with their MGS figures, and they're the only ones I collect.

Seeing as other company's aka HT and figma do a great job at proportions, why are play arts having such a hard time. Especially when I've seen them pull it off before.

Just received my SDCC Arkham Origins Batman. Paint is perfect, which is a relief! Its a great looking figure but it does take up a lot of shelf space. I replicated the shockwave attack pose so that it didn't look as big comparatively speaking and it takes up a full section in my Detolf. My only complaints are that it cant really hold both accessories at once and the cape part that covers the shoulders doesn't sit flat. Other than that it's an awesome figure and it's made me really excited for Deathstroke.

Arkham Origins Joker

DC01.jpg

DC02.jpg

Arkham Origins Robin

DC03.jpg

DC04.jpg

Huh, earlier pics of Joker looked fine but this...eh, kinda bad. Robin though is worthwhile, since it's **** Grayson and he has cool accessories.

Really wanting the Origins Joker, but seriously? I can't even tell if it actually looks bad or if Square Enix really just sucks with their photography. You know, like actually show us his FACE for crying out loud!

Arkham City is out of scale with Arkham Asylum, just saying. I only own Batman from Asylum and Catwoman but I know they are a def out of scale, Catwoman should be an inch or so smaller than Batman - heels or not. So Origins isn't that bad. The only issues with Origins would be if or if not you like the Batman design and the now awful price.

Yeah I never collected past Arkham figures save for Catwoman and Harley, so I'm actually fine with "starting" my collection from Origins since most of my favorite designs are from that game anyway. I do plan to pair them up as hero/villain accordingly: Batman with Joker, and Robin with Slade.

me too, I'm not a fan of Origins but I like the look of Robin

Yup i just love robin. People always bag on robin due to the 60s show but if they read the comics they'd know how badass robin especially tim drake is.

I swear PAK just eyeballs the scale of these figure, almost every line is in different scale with each other.

I got my first PAK.. Appleseed Briareos.. His left arm easily pops out of the socket, if some of u have a Mafex Batman, his shoulders pop similar to that.. Is this normal in PAK figures and/or is there is a fix for it?

Back