Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PAK pricing is getting ridiculous. They're a step above NECA, but no where close to the workmanship and detail of Hot Toys figures to justify a near $200 price point.

PAK pricing is getting ridiculous. They're a step above NECA, but no where close to the workmanship and detail of Hot Toys figures to justify a near $200 price point.

Step above Neca it depends most Neca I seen look better then paks guess to each his own.

189 dollars? LOL at that!! hahaha then expect CLOUD AC to be as expensive as that! :lol

But seriously... i hope it doesnt exceed 120...

Is that a serious price? $189, or just what you think?

It makes me worried for the AC line although i'm hoping they wouldn't raise the price another $100 just for the Buster Sword that disconnects into all the separate swords

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_mlbzn1MjIF1qz4rgp.gif

With their recent 1/4 scale Arkham Origins Batman, I'm questioning this actually. As Ryan has told me, NECA's Batman is around the price point as PAK's (plus no import fees), and the same accessories. I personally think NECA's is better looking and I might even buy it, and I don't like the bat suit.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
The pred actually looks decent (except for the hair) and with PAK, it has potential to go big (not as crazy as B-man of course).

But I'm also trying to limit my collection to MGS (+MCU & DC villains) so I won't be getting it and have sold the 3 HT preds I owned earlier this year.

Yeah honestly beyond some games (mostly MGS), and DC, I have no interest.

Yeah honestly beyond some games (mostly MGS), and DC, I have no interest.
I'm a sucker for awesome headsculpt, so PAK usually don't do it for me when they make them so zombie-like. Stick to helmeted or cowled characters so that it don't stand out so much.

Yeah that's the other thing, their heads are pretty bad lately. Liquid arguably their worst with his QC.

With their recent 1/4 scale Arkham Origins Batman, I'm questioning this actually. As Ryan has told me, NECA's Batman is around the price point as PAK's (plus no import fees), and the same accessories. I personally think NECA's is better looking and I might even buy it, and I don't like the bat suit.
giphy.gif

NECA Bats is a FAR superior product than any of the PAK Bats. Just when you think you'd get used to PAKs anime-ish sculpts and absurd pricing, NECA drops the bomb and shows us how it's done.

I'm not putting down the PAK Bats because they're indeed fantastic but who wouldn't get this especially since it's cheaper (and better looking)? :lol

NECA-Arkham-Batman-013.jpg

Yeah it's the Arkham Origins 1/4 Bats. It's about $100 or lower depending on where you look. I just can't believe the sculpt and proportions, it's spot on. Why can't PAK do this?

NECA-Arkham-Batman-036.jpg

NECA-Arkham-Batman-053.jpg

NECA-Arkham-Batman-026.jpg

I love it. But I just never pulled the trigger because I wouldn't know where to put him. I'm saving the spaces on top of my four detolfs for Pacific Rim 18" lol. I could have Bats protect me and stand at the edge of my bed? Hahahah

Back