Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the Echo Base figures settled this dispute? Hot Toys is overseeing Sideshow's attempts. So now you will get the figure version of "Transcendence" and "Man of Steel" while you hoped for "The Dark Knight"

That's what I say to everyone who complains about Hot Toys not making a bunch of Star Wars figures. It's not really their thing, it's sideshows.

Technically true, but it's been a couple of years since Hot Toys promised Anakin, Han and "another major character from Episode II" (presumably Padme). They could've at least shown us an Anakin prototype in that time.

What was better though HT luke or Bandai 3P0

I don't know if I can decide. I didn't know I wanted to own any 1/6 figure until I saw the HT Luke. I didn't think they could look so good and just had to have it even before I realized that it was two figures in the box. And likewise I never knew I had to have any droids (perhaps an imperial probe droid, but I had no idea that was even a possibility) until I saw the Bandai 3PO. Of course I had already been pushed over the edge at that time. :lol

The funny thing is that most figure-threads on the forum has almost half the posts about modding and/or altering to make it more accurate. But there is almost none of that with these two figures, they're just that good I guess. Sure there have been a few that have weathered them and doing even more battle damage on BD Luke and I have seen a few hilarious attempts at doing real hair elsewhere on the web but nowhere near the SSC and Medicom figures.

After seeing all these posts about the Bespin Luke, I had to find one... found a DX07 Bespin Luke New in a sealed box for $400..

Ouch, but if you got the scratch, you will not be disappointed!

It was only $100 over retail and they only had a few on ebay, the other ones were either more expensive or used. Given I get two Lukes I figured that's not a bad deal.

I wonder if the mix of the new SS Vader coming out and the announcement of a sixth scale R2 helped sell the remaining Luke's and push up the price. I mean those two figures are pretty much made to go with the clean (R2) and damaged (Vader) figures in this set.

No question about it, stock at BBTS (unclear if that was actual stock at BBTS or at their supplier) went from a number in the hundreds to sold out in around a month after Vader was out everywhere. I got my second Luke set from Popcultcha and posted in the forum that it could be had from there for about the same amount as in the US even ordering from overseas and they were gone before I had received my package.

I wonder how many were produced since they hung around for this long.

No question about it, stock at BBTS (unclear if that was actual stock at BBTS or at their supplier) went from in the hundreds to sold out in around a month after Vader was out everywhere. I got my second Luke set from Popcultcha and posted in the forum that it could be had from there for about the same amount as in the US even ordering from overseas and they were gone before I had received my package.

I wonder how many were produced since they hung around for this long.

I noticed that happened quite a bit with a few Hot Toys figures. DX08, Iron Monger, and a few others had all been sitting here forever, then suddenly they sell out.

I just ordered this guy and SS Vader 2.0 from a fellow Freak on the boards here. I am PUMPED. Im driving up to Kansas City (from Tulsa) to get a Detolf from Ikea on Monday in anticipation! These will only be my 3rd, 4th, and 5th figures (along with Terminator DX13 and SS Boba).

It's funny that I tried to collect Marvel/DC Hot Toys but I just couldn't get into the whole doll thing so I ended up selling them all and sticking with statues. but I've always wanted to have a Star Wars Figure collection (call it nostalgia from collecting the original ones as a kid) and thought the 6" Black Series would be the solution, their first set they released was spot on and looked great but then with later releases it was all over the place with the likeness factor and QC, was very disappointed... So that's why I decided to go all in on these 12" Star Wars Dolls, spent $1700 trying to catch up with everything SS had in stock and another $2200 on pre-orders for the rest of their 12" dolls.....

I just hope they revisit some of their earlier ones that they did 6-8 years ago, I'm sure they were great for back then but now compared to SS new stuff their not too pretty looking likeness wise... Anyways like Mikehalc I'm pretty pumped for this line and can't wait to start setting up displays...

Hey guys,

Like others im sure, im still on the look out for the exclusive dx luke figure new in box. If anyone wants to sell one or has any leads please let me know. I missed out on him a few years ago and im still kicking myself.

I just sold my Luke. Been selling a lot of stuff lately and Luke was easily the hardest to part with. I will rebuy you one day... One day.

Here is mine after a repaint and a cold cathode set from Pixelpiper! It looks epic in person!!!
(here is the thread for the cold cathode sets: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...s-1-6-Vader-Luke-and-more-Worldwide-Shipping)

DSC_2497.jpg
DSC_2503.jpg

Back