Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't that long ago that they had hundreds of them at BBTS alone. Did HT Luke sell better than many think and they just made a shitload of them and that's why it's been around for so long?

Or is the supply numbers simply the numbers of BBTS's own supplier so that it shows the total for a lot of stores?

BBTS had some 300 last year, I just can't remember how far back last year I saw that specific stock quantity.

I'm seriously about to order this. It looks insane! And seeing everyone's pics certainly doesn't help any. I don't want to overpay on this so I better bite.

I'm seriously about to order this. It looks insane! And seeing everyone's pics certainly doesn't help any. I don't want to overpay on this so I better bite.

Do it while it is reasonable! Words cannot express how much I love having luke hanging from the ceiling on the weathervane...such an amazing display option

I like BBTS, but I would check the marketplace here first...and maybe I will go check it now...I am sure there are members here that would part with one...

Does the regular version have the empty space on the foam tray where the exclusive has the Vader Helmet or are the foam trays different?

So, I just got into 1/6 scale, and def want a few Star Wars pieces, but now I see Hot Toys has joined the fray so is this the first HT Star Wars release and is it confirmed there will be more? Possibly even what we'll see next?

Cause I might hold out on anything sideshow to see what HT does with it...

This figure has been out since the end of 2012 so it has been awhile. And no new HT figures are on the horizon despite what some threads at this forum would have you believe. :)

HT Bespin Luke was my first 1/6 figure a little over a year ago (and the sole reason I started in the first place, it was just too good) and it's also the latest as I have bought another set. There is no other SW human figure that comes within miles of this one. Sideshow has some coming up that shows promise but we will see.

Ah okay, I've bought sideshow padawan obi-wan as aan entry into 1/6 and I have HT Man of Steel Superman coming in a month. I think the regular obi-wan's likeness is actually quite good, but he's gonna wear his hood. I bought him mainly because TPM Obi-wan has my favourite jedi outfit of all versions and Obi is the man, regardless of which incarnation.

But yeah have to see, apart from him I've had little real desire to buy any as I don't have much connection with troopers and clones. I thought about Master Yoda but eventually passed on it for now. Might just stick to this one and sit it out a while to see what HT does.

The lack of desire for Vader may be because he's quite expensive and still needs a bunch of work (for a lot of folks) to be very good. It's a decent figure, but for the price, Sideshow has impressed much more with their troopers, including Snowtrooper, and of course the excellent Tusken Raider. The big price difference for Vader comes in all the extras, which unfortunately for me, many of which will just stay in the box.

Here's Vader and Luke on my Bespin shelf. No futzing done yet and Vader is in a mid-modification state with loose head/helmet. I made these CCFL sabers for a couple of customers, Vader's lights run off the same power supply. It looks much better in person, as you can also see the shadow detail work on the lit floor panel.

Lol, your picture made me delete that vader remark hahaha. Still not sure though. But aweseme picture. I kinda want one piece to resemble the PT and 1 to resemble the OT. I might keep it to just that 1.6 scale. I have my PT 1/6, but I kinda want a HT Jedi Luke as n OT 1/6 piece.

Yeah, the Vader extras were nice but weren't needed. They could have kept the massive stand, the display helmet thingy and thrown in some left hands instead.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

This figure has been out since the end of 2012 so it has been awhile. And no new HT figures are on the horizon despite what some threads at this forum would have you believe. :)

HT Bespin Luke was my first 1/6 figure a little over a year ago (and the sole reason I started in the first place, it was just too good) and it's also the latest as I have bought another set. There is no other SW human figure that comes within miles of this one. Sideshow has some coming up that shows promise but we will see.

Have you seen malgus, wolffe or vader head sculpts? Sideshow is getting close imo.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

On another note. My luke is sitting next to me in a bbts box. I'm waiting on my folks who are at a doctors appointment. The wait is killing me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back