Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The picture is pretty small, so I can't quite get a good look at the likeness, but the display with all of the maquettes is top-notch. The features look a little sharp for Arwen, but again, at this size, I can't really tell. Here is hoping that we see more during the 12 days of Sideshow!

In this larger image, the likeness gets more worrying, there's just something that doesn't seem right. Lets hope it's not the actual sculpt.

day_6.jpg

Likeness does look off a bit to me, but the piece overall is very well presented. I like it, and will order. Glad to see five together after the drought of information since SDCC.

likeness aside, I'm really not digging some of these poses they chose.

Must every strand of hair and bit of clothing billow in the breeze? :rolleyes: The Aragorn is still in a class by himself, imo.

I love the poses. They all look pretty epic so far. As far as the likeness, it's clear they couldn't get Liv to go along. I'm sure every actor has the rights to their own likeness, and probably charge an arm and a leg to use it. If SS had the rights, I'm sure they could have nailed it. Then again, it's a damn small image. It could look much better than we can see here.

Last edited:
I tried to magnify the jpeg as much as I could at work, and the face looks good, but her eyes are too small. Liv Tyler has huge eyes, and this sculpt doesn't look to quite capture that. I really like the outfit they chose though for this format!

Am gonna wait until we get a decent shot of the entire piece by itself (with closeups) before jumping on the "sky is falling" bandwagon.

Yea from the pictures the likeness seems off but, like said before, need better pics.

Hard to tell if the likeness is there, but damn if they don't look good all displayed together. :drool

Likeness does look off a bit to me, but the piece overall is very well presented. I like it, and will order. Glad to see five together after the drought of information since SDCC.

I agree with both statements.

I re-watched both the Toyfair Lord of the Rings Inside Look video from 2/16/10 and the SDCC LOTR Panel video from 7/22/10 hoping to get an idea of what the exclusive could be for Arwen, but no go. The video panel showed the concept drawings of Aragorn, Gandalf and Legolas, and all three concept drawings featured the exclusive pieces: Aragorn's non-hooded head sculpt (confirmed), Gandalf's alternate extended arm with his staff (confirmed), and Legolas' switch out hands featuring his White Knives (unconfirmed as of yet, but 99.9999% probable).

The SDCC video showed two concepts drawings of Arwen, but the camera was panning up; the bottom drawing must be the EX concept, but the camera only showed the neck / head area before showing the regular versions concept art.

Really have no clue as to what the EX could be. The head sculpt looks to be a switch out point, with the chains of the Evenstar possibly hiding the connection point. Who knows? Maybe a switch out sword hand holding Kingsfoil to treat Frodo's Morgul Blade wound?

If the Evenstar (or even the bustline of her dress) is the swap point, I could see one portrait having the scratch she receives during the flight from the Nazgul on Asfolath. Maybe too small a detail, but I really don't know what else they can substitute for an exclusive. Maybe a Sideshow Domestic Web Exclusive to help anchor direct sales?:dunno

I think this is going to look great and be a wonderful addition to the line. And with the way SS has been playing little games lately (getting everybody headed down a particular road and then changing it), it wouldn't surprise me to see this put up for P.O. next, instead of Legolas.

I agree with both statements.

I re-watched both the Toyfair Lord of the Rings Inside Look video from 2/16/10 and the SDCC LOTR Panel video from 7/22/10 hoping to get an idea of what the exclusive could be for Arwen, but no go. The video panel showed the concept drawings of Aragorn, Gandalf and Legolas, and all three concept drawings featured the exclusive pieces: Aragorn's non-hooded head sculpt (confirmed), Gandalf's alternate extended arm with his staff (confirmed), and Legolas' switch out hands featuring his White Knives (unconfirmed as of yet, but 99.9999% probable).

23-07-201011-48-04AM.png

You can change that to 100%...the fighting knives are the excl. :)

The SDCC video showed two concepts drawings of Arwen, but the camera was panning up; the bottom drawing must be the EX concept, but the camera only showed the neck / head area before showing the regular versions concept art.

Really have no clue as to what the EX could be. The head sculpt looks to be a switch out point, with the chains of the Evenstar possibly hiding the connection point. Who knows? Maybe a switch out sword hand holding Kingsfoil to treat Frodo's Morgul Blade wound?

23-07-201012-06-49PM.png

That's a very good guess. We know because of the second head shot there will be an excl. and I've been trying to figure out what that could be for a long time now, with no luck. At first I hoped perhaps this would be the 1st rider with steed maquette with Arwen leading Asfaloth but that would require a completely different base as well and I don't see that happening. Your guess however, seems the most likely I've heard yet.

23-07-201011-48-04AM.png

You can change that to 100%...the fighting knives are the excl. :)

I probably could...but I'll hold off on that .0001 until we see it in polystone, Woodsy.

I'm just happy that there is activity in the LOTR section again. Seems like ages since I posted in here.

Back