Hot Toys- City Hunter: Saeko Nogami & Ryo Saeba spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally decided to take off Ryo's outfit to get rid of the weird thing they have thickening the legs for his pants. Honestly it's a mess. They used some crazy super thick weird white material and wrapped his legs around. It's no wonder the pants are so tight on him and articulation of the legs is so limited.

I was pretty happy when I took them off, but then I realized with them off his pants are too loose now so although it does give more articulation, it's a pretty hefty cost. Also, the cheap adhesive and buttons on the holster gave up while I was trying to remove it along with the pants. Guess I'll just toss the holster back in the box entirely.

I regret even trying in the first place :(

Why'd do feel the need to take off the holster?

Yeah, I opened it last night after the finals (poor Italy:() and though it look good, the pants are too restrictive. And thougt bout taking the paddings out. But now after reading your post, I won't.

Totally agree, but I really don't see that happen. Medicom's choices are a complete mystery. Sometime I really don't know why they make some figure and why they don't make some figures. And while we are on the subject, why they don't make newer version of certain figures they have made before? Newer version of lupin, Dr Blackjack, Devilman, cowboy bebop, etc.

Does anyone have a pic of HT's black jack that they did not long ago?

Hot Toys did a Black Jack? Since when?

Also the holster is connected to the belt. Looking back, I could have just disconnected it as its basic adhesive that keeps that section connected, but I did not know it at the time. Ugh how I hate myself for wasting money on these two figures.

Just buy the holster on eBay if it bothers you that much :lol

They did it like 2009 or something. I saw it when i went to toy zone HK, but it was sealed and have no window display. Thats why I couldn't see the inside.

Just buy the holster on eBay if it bothers you that much :lol

They did it like 2009 or something. I saw it when i went to toy zone HK, but it was sealed and have no window display. Thats why I couldn't see the inside.

Hot Toys did a Black Jack? Since when?

Also the holster is connected to the belt. Looking back, I could have just disconnected it as its basic adhesive that keeps that section connected, but I did not know it at the time. Ugh how I hate myself for wasting money on these two figures.

I think Blackjack was made sometime around 2005 or 2006. One of the earliest HT toys after they started doing licensed products.

Here is the only review I know of:

https://blog.yam.com/arrival/article/9593749

I don't really care much for the holster, but I was unable to get the pants to fit back onto the legs after trying to readd the trouser things they put under it so now the pants are stuck loose on his body and he is without the holster. I also see no point in wasting even one more dollar on this figure.

And wow that Black Jack is actually pretty sweet since it matches the style of the original manga. I wouldn't mind owning it. How much does it go for these days?

I don't really care much for the holster, but I was unable to get the pants to fit back onto the legs after trying to readd the trouser things they put under it so now the pants are stuck loose on his body and he is without the holster. I also see no point in wasting even one more dollar on this figure.

And wow that Black Jack is actually pretty sweet since it matches the style of the original manga. I wouldn't mind owning it. How much does it go for these days?

at one time it was going for about $55 on evilbay (can't believe that's the average price for 1/6 back then) and I have not seen them for a few years now. HT also made Pinoko and Dr Kiriko and a Blackjack Pinoko Set in Doctor Nurse outfit. They also made the three eyed one from the Osamu license:

https://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/pages/productDetails.asp?productId=HT-170329

Check out my English name plate

englishnameplate.jpg

Super rare you jelly?:rotfl:rotfl

Where did you get the English name instead of the kanji name?

It was the limited production run for North America that got canned when it became a Asia exclusive. It has a very low es and I was lucky to get one. :lecture

It's actually an evilface decal that I got him to make.:monkey3:monkey1

Want to sell both of these as a set. Anyone interested? Throw me a PM with an offer if you are.

Anyone have any idea how to remove the belt? Never seen buckles like this before.

Finally took Saeko out, she looks pretty awkward with her suit & skirts, the skirts & pants were staining so had to take them out & wrap food wrappers around, in the end i decided to pose her like this to save all the hassle... Finally Saeko decided to give Saeba his long overdue reward...

Notice she has a big mole behind her thigh...

P1070044resize.jpg

P1070048resize.jpg

P1070049resize.jpg

P1070057resize.jpg

P1070051resize.jpg

This figure is supposed to be a staple in my collection, due to my dad being a huge fan of the original manga back during the 90s.

Too bad HT dropped the ball on this one. :(

Back