Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just reacquired this guy from a fellow freak. One strap on the shield needs repaired, a small issue. So glad to have this guy on the way back into my collection. Should go well with the STRIKE Cap and Rogers when they arrive.

Hello all, I'm new to the boards here. I just started getting into Hot Toys after getting Avengers, Iron Man figure. This figure is on my not-so-short list of figures to get (wanting the rest of the Iron Man figures). Is the flaking shield the only issue with the figure? If I find one where the shield isn't flaking what are people doing as a preventative measure to prevent it from flaking in the future? I figure it's some sort of spray, clear coat. I'm sure the answer is in the thread, but 875+ pages is a lot to dig through. Thanks in advance for the advice!

The straps are pretty cheap, and tend to come unglued. The figure has a difficult time being posed because of the restrictive suit. The face isn't a great likeness to Evans IMO. But apart from that and the shield, it could be worse.

Hello all, I'm new to the boards here. I just started getting into Hot Toys after getting Avengers, Iron Man figure. This figure is on my not-so-short list of figures to get (wanting the rest of the Iron Man figures). Is the flaking shield the only issue with the figure? If I find one where the shield isn't flaking what are people doing as a preventative measure to prevent it from flaking in the future? I figure it's some sort of spray, clear coat. I'm sure the answer is in the thread, but 875+ pages is a lot to dig through. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Just go backwards from here a couple pages

I switched out my Caps arms for the DX T-800's arms, and Ive got to say, its an awesome improvement.

He looks more proportionate and moves better with the swivel biceps and double-hinged elbows, especially once you unglue most of the armor from the 'shirt'.

Hey guys. I have a quick question; I'm using the Cap FA body for a kitbash and the footpegs I have don't fit. It seems these pegs slightly bigger and was wondering what pegs I could use as finding TFA pegs from a US seller on eBay mean in waiting until mid May and I've been held up by this already a month. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys. I have a quick question; I'm using the Cap FA body for a kitbash and the footpegs I have don't fit. It seems these pegs slightly bigger and was wondering what pegs I could use as finding TFA pegs from a US seller on eBay mean in waiting until mid May and I've been held up by this already a month. Any help would be appreciated.

strange, the pegs should be the same, any HT leg pegs should work. what pegs are you using?

I switched out my Caps arms for the DX T-800's arms, and Ive got to say, its an awesome improvement.

He looks more proportionate and moves better with the swivel biceps and double-hinged elbows, especially once you unglue most of the armor from the 'shirt'.

Pics?

Lol...I'll throw pics up(ps-it's a Punisher kitbash and I think looks awesome)...to be honest, I don't think the feet I'm using are from a hot toy figure. That would probably be the problem. But any hot toy peg should fit, right?

Lol...I'll throw pics up(ps-it's a Punisher kitbash and I think looks awesome)...to be honest, I don't think the feet I'm using are from a hot toy figure. That would probably be the problem. But any hot toy peg should fit, right?

depends on the feet, i'm guessing yours could be soldier story feet/boot and that would not fit a HT peg. Most standard feet or boots with pegs would fit HT except from soldier story. you could try using a different pair of feet/boots.

I think those were the feet I bought. They're articulated so I figured why not. It's a pain trying to find pegs off eBay that aren't going to take a month to get here.

Wow...my brain is shot. I just realized(checking my eBay reminders) that I have a pair of pegs from a T2 T-1000 coming around the 21st that I purchased before buying the other feet. Hopefully I can fit the pegs into the feet or find feet elsewhere. One step closer. Those pics are still on the way if you guys want 'em.

IMAG0005.jpgIMAG0003.jpgIMAG0002.jpgIMAG0001.jpg

Pics or it didn't happen

Sorry it took so long, guys. My internet went down just as I was uploading the pics.

Sorry for the lousy quality aswell. I'll take better today after I get back.

In the interest of not having to search the entire thread, can someone remind me how to undo the belt or am I not remembering correctly if that can be done or not?

In the interest of not having to search the entire thread, can someone remind me how to undo the belt or am I not remembering correctly if that can be done or not?

The buckle has magnets in it, but they glued them together. Put something in between the front and back of the buckle and gently prise them apart.
When you have it apart, you can just use the magnets to keep them together. Or glue them again.

The buckle has magnets in it, but they glued them together. Put something in between the front and back of the buckle and gently prise them apart.
When you have it apart, you can just use the magnets to keep them together. Or glue them again.

I thought it was magnets; just wasn't sure if I could pry them apart or not. Thanks.

No worries. Just be careful. I took mine apart so i could feed the buckle through the belt loops.

That's what I'm looking to do. A member here hooked me up with a screaming deal on this guy - now just got to get him all squared away for his "out-of-the-box" look.

Back