Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally have this guy on order. What is everyone using to coat the shield with before if flakes? I've never coated anything so any tips would be appreciated.

I got a Titan Shield today.
On the whole i am very happy. For $10, well worth it.
I will paint it up myself for a better set of colours but i still like it.
It not much smaller than the HT one but way cheaper in any case, so worth picking some up.

F64B7C44-3E8A-4C1D-B4CC-A6754AF5575B.jpg

14EBAB9D-C5D7-4AE4-B3BB-4945F173B9CE.jpg

883DB96D-1196-4C16-86E8-39E0B91070C6.jpg

585DB57F-314D-4A7E-848A-CB8E29C3A1B0.jpg

I got a Titan Shield today.
On the whole i am very happy. For $10, well worth it.
I will paint it up myself for a better set of colours but i still like it.
It not much smaller than the HT one but way cheaper in any case, so worth picking some up.

F64B7C44-3E8A-4C1D-B4CC-A6754AF5575B.jpg

14EBAB9D-C5D7-4AE4-B3BB-4945F173B9CE.jpg

883DB96D-1196-4C16-86E8-39E0B91070C6.jpg

585DB57F-314D-4A7E-848A-CB8E29C3A1B0.jpg

Awesome set up and those unmasked head sculpts are amazing! Who made them?

Thanks.
Hot Toys Captain America Rescue headsculpt.

null_zps1eb52996.jpg

unnamed.jpg
Ah the Rescue head sculpt? In those pics it looks great. that sculpt always turned me away but in your pics it looks exactly like Evans. Great Cap collection you got there!

Cool thanks, I know target had them going for BOGO half off. Gonna see if they still have that sale. No matter I still want the Cap now.

Sweet. Post pics if you pick a few up.

Ah the Rescue head sculpt? In those pics it looks great. that sculpt always turned me away but in your pics it looks exactly like Evans. Great Cap collection you got there!

Thanks. I have since traded the custom Golden Age one on the right for a MISB Kevin Flynn. I have two of the GA Cap on order anyway, so will have them for the shelf anyway.
I am a big fan of the Rescue sculpt.
Up till they showed TWS unmasked headsculpt, it was the best available. Now i will need eight of those heads for my unmasked Caps...

Thanks. I have since traded the custom Golden Age one on the right for a MISB Kevin Flynn. I have two of the GA Cap on order anyway, so will have them for the shelf anyway.
I am a big fan of the Rescue sculpt.
Up till they showed TWS unmasked headsculpt, it was the best available. Now i will need eight of those heads for my unmasked Caps...

Both look fantastic in the video. Very nice and the new head sculpt looks fantastic. Have all TWS figures on order so far just waiting for Falcon. The new Golden Age Cap looks great too. TFA is a cool figure but could never get myself to purchase one with the flaking issue.

Both look fantastic in the video. Very nice and the new head sculpt looks fantastic. Have all TWS figures on order so far just waiting for Falcon. The new Golden Age Cap looks great too. TFA is a cool figure but could never get myself to purchase one with the flaking issue.

Paintwork is easy to fix. And the figure is solid otherwise. I can heartily recommend TFA if you can pick one up.
In my eyes, it goes perfect with the other two TFA figures. Or on it's own.

Paintwork is easy to fix. And the figure is solid otherwise. I can heartily recommend TFA if you can pick one up.
In my eyes, it goes perfect with the other two TFA figures. Or on it's own.

I want to but at the price I just don't feel the need to have him. I got The Avengers Cap coming in and I think that'll work for me. The new Golden Age Cap will replace TFA in the spot. I've been thinking a lot about getting one but at this point I haven't decided 100%.

I want to but at the price I just don't feel the need to have him. I got The Avengers Cap coming in and I think that'll work for me. The new Golden Age Cap will replace TFA in the spot. I've been thinking a lot about getting one but at this point I haven't decided 100%.

That makes sense.
If you don't need it, don't get it.
The only thing i *really* want now is a DX headsculpt of Steve Rogers.
But i can make do with the other heads.

That makes sense.
If you don't need it, don't get it.
The only thing i *really* want now is a DX headsculpt of Steve Rogers.
But i can make do with the other heads.
I'll already be having tons of Caps in my collection so not to have one is fine with me. Oh I hope one day we get DX figure of Cap. That would rock! But I'm fine with just MMS. DX isn't a deal breaker for me anyways prefer painted eyes over the PERS.

Back