Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll already be having tons of Caps in my collection so not to have one is fine with me. Oh I hope one day we get DX figure of Cap. That would rock! But I'm fine with just MMS. DX isn't a deal breaker for me anyways prefer painted eyes over the PERS.

If they could perfect the PERS system, it would make sense to make every figure with it. It transforms the look of any face. And although it's been hit or miss up till now, i still love all the PERS sculpts.
I think(Slight accuracy issues aside), the ability to move the eyes is a big bonus, and i can forgive slight inaccuracy just for the enhanced look the movable eyes affords.

IMG_6191.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

4600CB30-EED1-462E-89AD-FBC3C8B014B9.jpg

056F4389-807F-4B33-BD5E-D5C128211393.jpg

4E153F08-0CD3-4BD6-95E9-0DE3C87BE930.jpg

199DB136-237B-4937-B4B3-094177A078F6.jpg

If they could perfect the PERS system, it would make sense to make every figure with it. It transforms the look of any face. And although it's been hit or miss up till now, i still love all the PERS sculpts.
I think(Slight accuracy issues aside), the ability to move the eyes is a big bonus, and i can forgive slight inaccuracy just for the enhanced look the movable eyes affords.

IMG_6191.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

4600CB30-EED1-462E-89AD-FBC3C8B014B9.jpg

056F4389-807F-4B33-BD5E-D5C128211393.jpg

4E153F08-0CD3-4BD6-95E9-0DE3C87BE930.jpg

199DB136-237B-4937-B4B3-094177A078F6.jpg

I do agree if they can perfect it than it will make a difference. The DX13 by far has the best PERS though my Jack Sparrow is another great DX so hard to choose. Great bash with the DX10 sculpt! Always hated that sculpt sadly so never picked up the DX10 for that matter. Works well on that custom though!

I do agree if they can perfect it than it will make a difference. The DX13 by far has the best PERS though my Jack Sparrow is another great DX so hard to choose. Great bash with the DX10 sculpt! Always hated that sculpt sadly so never picked up the DX10 for that matter. Works well on that custom though!

I love the Terminator movies but didn't feel the need to get the DX10.
I have that T2 head, an Indy head and a Luke undamaged head. On occasion i put them on a custom buildup just to take pics with the eyes in different positions.

I love the Terminator movies but didn't feel the need to get the DX10.
I have that T2 head, an Indy head and a Luke undamaged head. On occasion i put them on a custom buildup just to take pics with the eyes in different positions.

Cool use if the sculpts. Good for any customs I do agree there.

Got the Tamiya TS79 on the way. I've been lucky with my shields, but I figure that luck is bound to run out at some time, might as well be prepared.

Now that I have three; one bright and shiny, one battle damage, and one shiny with paint starting to come off - I might just go the acetone route and polish it off. That looks nice, especially with TFA.

Did you use the Avengers Cap's body for this TFA Cap? And how did you get the shield so clean and shiny?
[/QUOTE]

Did you use the Avengers Cap's body for this TFA Cap? And how did you get the shield so clean and shiny?

It was a TFA body. And i took a rag covered in acetone to the shield. The acetone melts the paint and does nothing to the electroplating.
So, once all the paint is gone, you just take some brasso metal polish and polish the shield to a high shine.

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

Excellent. Glad it worked out okay.
That's a great bash.
So it's SSM for the most part, with TFA head, trousers and shield. I like the belt and rigging. What did that come from?

Thanks Bro, good eye. As for the rig I don't remember I had it for a long time in my parts bin. Original it was for a Deadpool bash, but I decided to use it for Cap. I want to say from a soldier story figure, but not sure.

Thanks Bro, good eye. As for the rig I don't remember I had it for a long time in my parts bin. Original it was for a Deadpool bash, but I decided to use it for Cap. I want to say from a soldier story figure, but not sure.

Well i have done several searches and cannot find it.
Not that a big deal, but it does look cool.

Back